Uconnect 4 Nav update costs? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
tkline

Uconnect 4 Nav update costs?

I'm planning to get a new Jeep this weekend (!) and was hoping to have the radio with the GPS built in, the Uconnect 4 with 8.4" screen. I have Apple Carplay in my current jeep and it's OK, but it gets annoying to have to plug in my phone whenever I need to get somewhere new, especially if I'm in the middle of driving somewhere. Really wish it would work over bluetooth.

Anyway, for a brand new 2019 model, does anyone know how the map updates work, and how much they cost, and how often they are updated? Is it like a monthly fee or just pay when I do the update? Or is it free now? I did a search and read an earlier post from 2015 that said it cost them $150 to update the maps.. but not sure if that's changed now?

Also, is the SiriusXM traffic included with the free 1 year subscription? How much does it cost after that?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-14-2019, 10:39 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

They won't be free. I paid $150 last year. I'll bet there is not any updates for your radio at this time. Chrysler is behind everybody when it comes to updates. I had one in my 17 Trailhawk in 2018. That one was a year behind most other nav systems on the map database.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 4 Old 08-14-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
tkline

Oh .. hmm .. makes me wonder if it's even worth the $1000+ upgrade then, if my phone's map is gonna be more up to date. More convenient having it built right into the radio, but I also like having up to date info like for if a road gets closed or whatever. Would be perfect if Carplay could just work over bluetooth.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-14-2019, 12:35 PM
ZEN357

It's not worth it, just use your phone. Save your money!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in