Turn signals/Hazards not working - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Sillycock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Turn signals/Hazards not working

Hi! This is my first post on here. Unfortunately it's for a problem and not for something fun. I have a 2001 TJ and my turn signals all of the sudden quit working. I checked the fuse and it is fine. Checked the relay module and it is fine. I tried a used turn signal/wiper switch and that didn't work either. So I'm assuming it has to be something in that wiring harness that attaches to the switch. Has anyone else had this happen? Any other ideas? And does anyone have or know where to get the wiring schematic for the steering column. I've looked al lover online and can't find anything. Side note- I have remote start and my signal lights flash when I activate remote start...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 02:07 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Was the fuse you checked number 13 in the fuse block?
Do your hazard lights work normally?
If you disconnect the plug from the turn signal switch, do you get power at pin 3 (BK/GY) with the ignition switched on?
Are your windshield wipers and radio also inoperative?

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Sillycock
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, I checked the correct fuse. I actually checked all of them since I was there anyway. My hazards normally work. I don't really use them but they worked fine the last time I had to. My lights, wipers and radio all work fine. I haven't checked the plug yet for power. That's why I was wanting a diagram that would show me what wire does what so I could test them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukluk View Post
Was the fuse you checked number 13 in the fuse block?
Do your hazard lights work normally?
If you disconnect the plug from the turn signal switch, do you get power at pin 3 (BK/GY) with the ignition switched on?
Are your windshield wipers and radio also inoperative?

post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 03:46 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pin 3 of the MFS connector is the one you want to test, it's the switched power input for the turn signals. All output wires to the light assemblies and the switch/relay ground are used for both the hazard and normal turn signal function -- since your hazards work it's safe to say those wires are all good. The BK/GY wire running from fuse 13 to the MFS plug pin 3 has no connector breaks along its run.

*Edit to add*
The switched feed from the ignition we're interested in powers fuses 13, 14, and 15 feeding the turn signals, wipers, and radio respectively. Since the wipers and radio work, we can say that the ignition switch isn't the problem.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in