TPMS - Is changing tire locations on display - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
ElectronicsNut
2019 XJ Cherokee 

TPMS - Is changing tire locations on display

I normally do not look at the tire pressure display, but it displayed a low pressure warning for my drivers-side front tire. It was displaying 32 while all the others were displaying 36. I turn off the engine and start the air-compressor. Drag the hose out to the car and turn on the engine, now the tire with the 32 reading is on the passenger side front. I fill the tire (drivers-side front as I could see it was low) to the recommend 36 as the others were, and put everything away.

Two days later I decided to check the tire pressure before I drove to the store. The drivers-side front tire was at 34 pounds, all the others at 36. I went to the store and when I get out of the store and into the car, I checked again the 24 pounds was on the passenger side front tire.

So, I took the car to a tire dealer and found a nail through the side wall, that cost me a new tire. When I left the tire dealer the tire pressures were all 36 as expected. Two days later, the front pressure was back down to 34 pounds, while the others were 36. Grabbed my digital tire pressure gauge and it said 34 pounds. So tonight we went to Lowe's, the tire with the low pressure was on the drivers-side front, came out of Lowe's restarted the engine and the low tire pressure was on the passenger side front.

I know I have an issue with losing air and I am scheduling an appointment with Jeep to check out the air loss issue (possible rim or the TPMS valve stem) as we have the extended warranty that covers everything. I guess I will have them try and correct the TPMS display data issue.

Any thoughts as to what may be causing this? Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Your thoughts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2019, 02:51 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

How old are the tire sensors?

I'm not sure I have seen a 2019 XJ. Might you have a KL?

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2019, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
ElectronicsNut
2019 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry, I think it is a KL. Not sure why I put XJ.

We purchase the 2019 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 in July of 2019, so I would think that the sensors are probably about 18 months old. Hard to tell where each tire is being displayed on the display as they are all displaying 36 pounds of pressure. The tire that was always lower than the others is now showing 36 pounds for the last few days. I have no clue as to what was going on. i keep checking each morning when the tires are all cold, well Florida cold.

Tags
tpms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in