Sirius Tuner Install location 2005 TJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 09-16-2007, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

Tj Sirius Tuner Install location 2005 TJ

I posted to another thread but later decided it might be best to start a new one with the proper topic.

I've already installed a RB1 & Mopar iPod adapter and am looking to also install the Sirius tuner, installation kit for my model wrangler, and the artist cable. My question is where does the Sirius tuner go? Does anyone have their instructions from a previous install. I just want to make sure I have a good location for the tuner before I do the special order for these items.

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Roughneck

I'm kinda going thru this myself. My jeep came with the SAT. On my 06 the SAT is mounted on a bracket behind the panel in front of your knees (very easy access). Actually your radio is still the tuner, the other thing is just the receiver. I searched and bought a few things and paid too much. Here is an online Mopar dealer that has the best prices www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=213764 it should be Franklin Sussex dealership.

You'll need the SAT receiver, Rcvr-to-Mux (multipex) cable, and the Multiplex Splitter Unit. I know the cable & Mux is only about $90. I didn't price the Sat Receiver.
Attached Images

post #3 of 18 Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Roughneck

Oh yeah, I am going thru something similiar. I am having a bracket built to mount all three "boxes" right there under the steering column & behind that knee panel. I'll try to get some pix as I go but it'll be about a week.

cheers, LT

post #4 of 18 Old 09-16-2007, 09:03 PM
HarleySteve

On my 05 Rubi TJ, I got the Sirius Install kit for the wrangler. It comes with a 'plate' style bracket. It is mounted using the two bolt holes for the pass side door strap ratainer. This kit also includes the antenna bracket and a cool fabric 'sirius-logo' cover. At $120 it's a little pricy but I think it is worth it for how well it's thought out.

Remove the two bolts holding that retainer on, connect all of the wires to the tuner, and slide the bracket/tuner up under the dash. There is also room on the sirius tuner to mount the mux box on the sirius tuner if you use double sided tape(I prefer the semi-perm stuff sold at Lowes). Once the bracket and tuner are up under the dash, use three hands and hold the bracket, the door strap retainer and start one of the bolts. Once you have one bolt on it gets real easy.

I was concerned with the sturdiness of the setup. But I have done alot of hard wheeling over the weeks since then, and have had ZERO issues.
post #5 of 18 Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

Tj

Thanks guys!

HarleySteve: Off the Jeep accessories website for an 05 wranger, I'm going to order the following:

82208586 Wrangle Installation Kit (hoping this is the one you described below)
82208908AA Sirius receiver
5066203AA Aritist cable

Do any of these part numbers look familiar?

Roughneck: great site. I've been using them for years. Thanks.

Bob
post #6 of 18 Old 09-17-2007, 07:14 AM
HarleySteve

Yup, those are the three parts I ordered! As well as the rcvr-to-mux cable, mux box and Ipod Integration kit.

I tried looking for my instruction sheet that came with the install kit, but can't find it. It has some excellent pictures to help you with the install! You will get it with the Sirius Install Kit.
post #7 of 18 Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Roughneck

I guess make sure you get the correct bracket for your year TJ. My 06 came factory with the SAT receiver mounted under the steering column. I'm just going to make a plate that I will bolt to the top of the original bracket and it will be big enouigh to mount the SAT, Mux, & Ipod side by side. There's plenty o room.

cheers, LT
post #8 of 18 Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

LT,

Roger. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Bob
post #9 of 18 Old 09-26-2007, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

Tj Hit a snag during install

Well, I was zipping right along with the install. I got to the point where I was to install the antenna and I opened the box and I had 1 tuner and no antenna. I will have to call the dealer I ordered the parts from and see when the can either swap out the tuner box and send a new tuner with antenna or see if they can send out just the antenna.

I am surprised about how straight forward the install is going to be.

I keep you guys up to date on the antenna.

Bob
post #10 of 18 Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

All finished

Finished the install today during lunch. All works great: RB1 unit with iPOD adapter and Sirius. I have artist info as well.

Thanks for all the tips.

Bobby
post #11 of 18 Old 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
jeepin79
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
Finished the install today during lunch. All works great: RB1 unit with iPOD adapter and Sirius. I have artist info as well.

Thanks for all the tips.

Bobby
Do you have the part #'s for what you used? I have the RB1 and ordered the SAT tuner and install kit but I want to make sure I have everything i need. I am ordering the IPOD hook up next.
post #12 of 18 Old 10-06-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

jeepin79,

I ordered:

82208908AA Sirius receiver
82208586 Wrangler Installation Kit
5066203AA Optional Artist/title info cable

I would also recommend you go ahead and do the iPOD integration kit the same time. The optional artist/info cable will plug into the iPOD kit and plug into the Sirius receiver. The plugs are color coded so it is hard to mess it up. This way you get the artist info. I'm not sure if you can plug the artist cable from the Sirius receiver straight into the back of the RB1...

Good luck,
Bobby
post #13 of 18 Old 10-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Roughneck

Congrats on the install. I finally ordered the iPod stuff and waited 10 days, then when it was finally supposed to arrive at my door..... it never showed up. UPS lost the package. Now they're searching for it and I have to give them two weeks to locate it???? Then they can start the claim process.

cheers, LT
post #14 of 18 Old 10-07-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
sadlerb_98
2015 JK Wrangler 

LT,

Good grief. I know that must stink. Hopefully they find it quickly. I just got back from New Hampshire...going to bed.

Bobby
post #15 of 18 Old 10-08-2007, 12:19 PM
commodore_dude

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
I'm not sure if you can plug the artist cable from the Sirius receiver straight into the back of the RB1...

Good luck,
Bobby
Yes, this is how I have it. Sirius Tuner>Multiplexer>RB1, using the artist cable from the mux to the radio.

2006 Rubicon Unlimited

2017 Mazda6 GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in