RBZ MyGig lost playlist track order after dealer service - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-09-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
dogshrimper
2010 JK Wrangler 

RBZ MyGig lost playlist track order after dealer service

I have an RBZ non Sirius non Nav MyGIG in my 2010 JKU.

When I got the unit I discovered all the issues with the track ordering when browsing by artist or song. No sweat, I just put all the tracks for an album it it's own folder at the root level of my USB hard drive and called each folder '<artist name> - <album name>'. Playlists and albums were sorted by track number

I also found that the MyGIG seems to prefer v2.3 ID3 tags over v2.4 so after imported 20GB of music, I wiped the hard drive on the MyGig, converted the tags in iTunes and started again.

This allowed me to browse music via the playlist menu, and select an artist then an album and play the whole thing in order. A bit of hassle but it worked.

I just took the JK for it's first dealer service and while it was there asked them to update the firmware. No luck as they didn't have the update disk for a RBZ, they had the REN or the RER but that was it.

Anyway, after the service all the tracks in my playlists and albums are now in alphabetical order. Same as when I browse by artists.

I've wiped the HD again, reimported again but same thing. Wiped the HD again, made sure all ID3 tags were v2.3 but same thing. Tried v1, same thing. V2.4, same thing.

I'm out of ideas and google's not helping. Anyone else have this problem?

I would blame this on the service except I specifically asked them to update the MyGIG firmware and said they couldn't. They even invited me out back and we went through the software we had together to double check so I think it must be a coincidence that I noticed this immediately after a service but who knows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
dogshrimper
2010 JK Wrangler 

CD import failing too

Just tried an experiment and tried to import a CD, I used DSOTM by Pink Floyd.

After import:

Artist Name: Pink Floyd
Album Name: Dark Side of the Moon
Playlist Name: Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

This is new behaviour compared to before the service, last time I imported a CD the playlist name = album name. This is a good thing and let's me search for an album by artist, great!

Browsed to this imported CD via artist, album and playlist. For every option, the tracks are listed in alphabetical order and the album is now unlistenable.

Something has definitely changed .... wtf?

I don't think the dealer will help me much as the RBZ was a eBay purchase. Still, if it were in a Dodge it would be supported so the means to update the firmware must be out there. I think these units are also fitted to the 2011 Grand Cherokee.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-20-2010, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
dogshrimper
2010 JK Wrangler 

Here's some more info from the system information screen.

Application: 08.03.02
Audio CPU: 021210
Gracenote: 4BB
System: 0101

Can anyone else with an RBZ comment on if they have the same problem and what application version they are running?

Tags
mygig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in