Odd LOw End Note After installing Aftermarket Stereo - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-17-2020, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
marshdrummer

Odd LOw End Note After installing Aftermarket Stereo

Hey group! New to Wranglers and it's my new passion. First thing I had to do was change the stereo system (didn't get the alpine upgrade). 2018 JK Saraha. I installed a Pioneer AVH-1550NEX head unit with infinity reference 6.5's coax in the soundbar and reference 6.5 components in the knee panels. I used polyfill in all the pods. I am getting a very odd low end note when the bass hits - think bass drum. It sounds like distortion, like there's too much juice going to the speakers, but this happens even at low volume. I've asked a couple jeep guys on audio forums and they said the pods are too small for the speakers causing the odd note...and to vent the pods. My next step is to take the grommets out of the pods to create the small vent. My question since there are so many members, someone must've had this issue also. Any advice for me? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in