Navigation Thinks I’m someplace else - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-19-2020, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Dlp089

Navigation Thinks I’m someplace else

Hello. I just bought a 2018 Jeep Compass Limited. It only has 11,000 miles on it. One thing that I cannot figure out is the navigator. It think the car is in Connecticut(that is where the previous owner lived). I live in a different state but the car’s navigation won’t show my area. I can plug my phone in a use navigation through my phone with CarPlay but I would like to get the normal navigation working correctly too. Anyone know what is wrong? The car is still under warranty but I figured I might come here first Incase it’s just a simple fix I can do on my own. Maybe I just don’t know how to work it properly but no matter what I do, the map still shows my map and location as Connecticut. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2020, 09:37 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlp089 View Post
Hello. I just bought a 2018 Jeep Compass Limited. It only has 11,000 miles on it. One thing that I cannot figure out is the navigator. It think the car is in Connecticut(that is where the previous owner lived). I live in a different state but the carís navigation wonít show my area. I can plug my phone in a use navigation through my phone with CarPlay but I would like to get the normal navigation working correctly too. Anyone know what is wrong? The car is still under warranty but I figured I might come here first Incase itís just a simple fix I can do on my own. Maybe I just donít know how to work it properly but no matter what I do, the map still shows my map and location as Connecticut. Thank you!
Hi, it sounds like your Uconnect system needs to be updated. The files for software level 18.45.01 are currently available on driveUconnect.com. I would recommend checking if this update is available for your vehicle. If so, you will be able to download the software to a USB and update your vehicle at home. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares
post #3 of 6 Old 01-23-2020, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Dlp089

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that was not the answer. I took the car to a Jeep dealer and they thought it just needed a software update too. After that didn’t work, they ordered me a new radio. Sucks having to deal with this on a car I just purchased with only 11,000 miles but glad it’s still under warranty!

post #4 of 6 Old 01-25-2020, 07:28 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Isn’t there a menu toggle to reset the native “home” map?

[size=ď3Ē]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #5 of 6 Old 01-25-2020, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Dlp089

There is but that did not work for me. Also tried resetting to default settings and clearing personal data. Even when I input my home address, it tells me I am 6 hours away. The car is completely confused. The compass also shows the opposite direction from true direction.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-25-2020, 10:21 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Ahh, I see.
You’ve got one of the Russian Embassy Editions with the FBI chip.

[size=ď3Ē]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in