Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

drivers door boot wiring issues

618 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Legood90 
#1 ·
Ok so the passenger side front and rear power windows locks and mirror quit working, and sometimes the EVIC would display "passenger door open" no matter how hard i shut it, also sometimes when the headlights were on if i tried to turn my dash lights up even just 1 click the interior lights would come on so i have to keep my dash lights on the lowest setting. I did a little research and came to the conclusion it might be the wires in the boot drivers side door....sure enough black wire is completely disconnected. i wondered how many more wires were severed but just not visible. Figuring there was more than one (i was right) i cut the harnes plug coming from the body so i could pull all the wires through the boot check them thuroughly and splice them back to the plug with a little extra lenghth so wires dont strain and break again.
mid way through something came up and i had to use my jeep, plug still not spliced back, but wires all had butt conectors exept two which i taped so nothing exposed, tried to start jeep, a few noises and nothing .
checked fuses and relays and the starter relay inder the hood was blown. i replaced it and spliced all the wires back to the plug connected the plug, now when i turn key to on everything comes on like normal exept the airbag warning light stays on and it wont start doesnt even click.

im guessing i shorted something out when i tried to start it before i finished wiring. i just figured all the wires that ran through there wer for all the power windows locks ...ect. and that if i just taped them id be able to use jeep just not any of the power windows locks or doors

clearly i was wrong, auto electrical isnt really my thing and i dont know what happened or where to even start troubleshoooting.

OPINIONS????

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.