Casio G'zone Commando - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-21-2011, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
MGDWJ

2004 WJ 

Casio G'zone Commando

Thinking about getting a new phone. My old one (droid 2 global) got wet and is messing up. The main reason I am leaning toward the commando is how durable it is marketed to be. According to verizon's website and other sites the phone meets the military standard 810G. I have read most of that 804 page standard. If it can actually withstand everything in the 810G then I would be very surprised. Does anyone have first hand experience with this phone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2011, 06:12 PM
majmjjen
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got One

Had it for about a year, works great. I've just dropped it a few times, nothing real heavy duty, it didn't miss a beat. Lots of little features like flashlight built in.

Only thing you need to remember is to close the cover after using phone, etc. Decent speaker for the phone it is, will listen to my MPS on it once in awhile.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 PM
mylt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by majmjjen View Post
Had it for about a year, works great. I've just dropped it a few times, nothing real heavy duty, it didn't miss a beat. Lots of little features like flashlight built in.

Only thing you need to remember is to close the cover after using phone, etc. Decent speaker for the phone it is, will listen to my MPS on it once in awhile.
the G'zone Commando hasnt been out a year. it just came out first part of this summer. its the android based smartphone. a friend of mine has one and likes it. its not the best screen or phone out there but it is the only rugged smartphone out there that i know of. of course you can always get a protective case for pretty much any smartphone out there but of course that wont make it water proof. then again, insurance it a wonderful thing. one thing is you have missed the smartphone boat. VZN has switched to tiered data so it will now cost you more to have a smartphone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in