Basic Jeep Radio Question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 12-18-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

2010 JK Wrangler 

Basic Jeep Radio Question

Simple question or two. IF one wants to upgrade their radio to a better factory unit say from a stock 2010 Jeep JK REN radio which it came with, to a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee REZ unit, what does one have to do to the upgraded radio to allow it to work with the 2010 Jeep JK ECU etc??

As I understand it some mods needed to be done to the upgraded radio so the JK recognizes it. Was that done in the HD in the unit? If that is so and the HD dies does that kill the radio so to speak?

And the ONLY reason I might need an all gig harness etc is if I also wanted a BU camera.

I have another thread running a question or three concerning the death of my radio. I thought it was an all gig harness issue. I was told that does NOT affect radio performance and is only needed for the BU camera.

Helllllllp!!!

Do you know what was good about the good old days? I wasn't good, And I wasn't old!

Senators and Congressman should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in