Bad battery? HELP - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
billetjk

Bad battery? HELP

I recently replaced my battery because the battery light had come on and I went to AutoZone to get the battery checked and sure enough it was bad battery but it was time for that battery to go it was the one that came with the Jeep, anyways recently I've been trailing around and night and I have to use my light bar, after a while of using the light bar the jeep starts to "run out of battery" I assume, I'm not really too sure what's wrong with it but after a while, the light bar starts strobing then it turns off and it comes back on and the battery icon shows up, while this "strobing" of the light is happening the headlights are also doing the same thing and everything that is illuminated in the jeep, kinda scary when it happens at night not gonna lie. Any idea why this is happening? When I went to AutoZone they checked the alternator and it was good. Also from time to time while I'm driving the speedometer will drop to 0 and the ABD light and the Brake light come on and the jeep makes that sound like when your fuel light comes on, the rpm needle isn't affected while this happens, but then everything comes back to normal not even a second later. I'm not sure what's wrong with my Wrangler... It's a 2017 JKU any idea what could be going on?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 10:04 PM
Mrtoyou

2001 XJ Cherokee 

You need a high amp alternator.

If I have to explain it, you probably won't understand anyway!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2020, 09:48 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

What does the light bar draw for amps? Where did you tie in for the power?

You might need a bigger alternator but for just a light bar, I'm thinking you have other issues. Start by checking for parasitic draw, lets see if you have something drawing more that it should. If you are pulling light bar power from the TIPM, move your power source.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in