Audio help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
simetime
1995 ZJ 

Audio help

Alright guys and gals! I am having problems with my infinity gold system in my 1995 zj. I put in a new head unit and also got the subs and amp put in it. It all works but her is the kicker.

Infinity amp works so the speakers also work when the source on the head unit is radio. But once you change the source to anything else all the audio is pushed through the subs. I think there maybe a way to fix that but i dont know where to start looking.

All the help in the world would be great. BTW this is my first jeep and post here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
ZeroBeach
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would say that something isnt connected right. So probably pop out the HU and check your connections? Or maybe the HU has had a malfunction. I know you said u put it in yourself and we all arent perfect so yeah... I am just starting to get more into the audio side of stuff now so i'd take a consensus but it doesnt hurt to check!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-26-2010, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
simetime
1995 ZJ 

I have this figured out. I will post the solution a little later today but it was more then worth it in the end!

post #4 of 5 Old 08-26-2010, 08:44 AM
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you connected the remote wire incorrectly...common problem...
post #5 of 5 Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
simetime
1995 ZJ 

the stock infinity gold amp is powered through the power antenna wire. so hook the blue and white (i believe, on the harness.) and hook that to the head units remote wire. I am pretty sure this is right

Tags
amplifier , audio components , problems , sound system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in