Anyone use Android Radios? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-06-2020, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
XabuJr

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Question Anyone use Android Radios?

So I'm building a wheeler and I'm looking for the stereo to put in it. I like the idea of an Android radio because I can have apps on it, it's expandable in that way and while some are feature-rich, they don't break the bank should it get wet. JOYING was a brand I was looking at, just browsing through Amazon. There's a few others too though..

Anyone have some recommendations or some accounts of how it went... I know you get what you pay for, but in this case, something replaceable wins out.

Current Garage:
1992 XJ | 1994 YJ | 2013 JK | 2014 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-09-2020, 09:08 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a Seicane 10.1 in my JK as it came with all the required bezels. In my old Ram, I had a Joying Android 4.4.

I really like the versatility and flexibility. They have their quirks but overall, I have been really happy with the Android HU's.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #3 of 5 Old 03-09-2020, 09:08 AM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have a Seicane 10.1 in my JK as it came with all the required bezels. In my old Ram, I had a Joying Android 4.4.

I really like the versatility and flexibility. They have their quirks but overall, I have been really happy with the Android HU's.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

post #4 of 5 Old 04-01-2020, 07:42 AM
Domwing

Android based double din stereo from Amazon worked great for my 2003 Rubicon. A little cutting out the plastic but I ordered the install kit along with wiring adapter. Great for the apps and have back up cam on a console switch. Total cost 176.89. From ammy I was really hesitant about starting the process but I did it in 1 he and ordered all new factory replacement speakers from crutchfield along with a boss amp amd bass speaker. Oh yeah I also bought the stuffing material from Amazon for the overhead speakers and the dash speakers. Now ive got a great sound system. Hutch
post #5 of 5 Old 04-06-2020, 10:33 PM
GTERDN

Likes others I like mine lot. I use ATOTO A6 and works well and customer service has been good. One note is they don't have cell phone chip but I used my cell hotspot and wifi on radio. This is not bad because I use the built in gps and Gaia software without WiFi and sdcard with lots of music while out on trails.
Good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in