Anybody heard of techniquescity? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

Anybody heard of techniquescity?

I have been looking around for sometime now at various in dash gps units and a camera to go with it. I finally decided on a model so the next thing to do is find where I can get the best deal on it. In my search, I came across this website:

http://techniquescity.com/

The prices are ridiculously cheap. While my first reaction was excitement because I found such a good deal on the model I want, I then thought something is not right. I then checked on pioneer unit that has not been released yet and pioneer says won't be out until the spring. Well their website had it and it is less than half of what the normal should be, so that is when I put the brakes on and did not go ahead with the purchase. The unit that I want is a Kenwood that most places have for around $1,200 and I was able to find at a reputable place for a little over $900. The website I posted a link to has it for $600. I checked around their site and found the follow information posted when I hit the about us link.

Techniquescity Sdn Bhd
1E, PLO 460, Jalan Bandar
81700 Pasir Gudang
Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia
Tel::+60163879208
Fast sales Email: [email protected]
MSN chat [email protected]

Needless to say, after looking at that information, I am not buying from them because it does not seem legitimate even though the price is tempting and their site does say Authorized Dealer.

Anyway, I wonder if anybody has heard of them.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM
sme1974

What did you find out?

Did you ever find out anything about this company?
post #3 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Prot

2014 JK Wrangler 

No and I got scared about being ripped off or buying a name brand product that really had generic internals.

2014 JKU Copperhead Pearl
Too many mods to list. Too awesome to sell.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If only one online store has an item that price you can pretty much guarantee they're shipping is jacked up and the overall price is the same or it's a scam.

iPhone app user; excuse typos...thanx.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 PM
ach77

I have just tried to buy an item and have a full report

Techniquecity is a full on scam. Do not buy from them. I just lost $1000 trying to buy a DJM 900 Pioneer mixer to use as DJ equipment. He sent pictures of the item that I wanted to buy, that did seem to be legitimate. The pictures were taken in a warehouse that clearly did house a variety of hi-tech electronic equipment. He said that he would use FedEx shipping service, and I e-mailed him many times, and he called me and assured that it was legitimate so that is why I sent him the money. He ended up sending me a tracking number for the logistics company @ website, www.dspls.com . This is not a real shipping company. When I asked him why the website was not updating the location of my items, he claimed that the manager of that shipping company told him that it is stuck in France @ customs and I need to send him more money to release the package from customs. I obviously have refused to pay him any more money. He also claimed that he was going to add extra items to my purchase. If anyone ever has any questions about dealing with BOB PEATMAN, www.techniquescity.com, techniquescity company, or Dynamic South Post Logistics Service, www.dspls.com, please contact me directly at through this account.

I now am going to have to spend $2000 to buy the mixer through a legitimate United States website, meaning I will have spent $3000 in total to buy the mixer. I know that I will be able to make my money back because I will successfully DJ and make legitimate money that way. Which is more than I can say for Bob Peatman. I hope that he is never again able to take money from an American citizen again, which is why I am including as many keywords in this post as possible, so that anyone with a question about that website will be directed to this post. Please ask any questions about http://www.techniquescity.com or http://www.dspls.com. NEVER GIVE HIM ANYTHING.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in