Amazon Cree LED Headlights? Quadratec Gen II? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-10-2019, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
TJ0520
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Amazon Cree LED Headlights? Quadratec Gen II?

Anyone have any experience with the LX-LIGHT Black Cree LED headlights on Amazon for $90? 4 out of 5 stars with 417 reviews, but obviously Amazon reviews can be loaded up inaccurately. Anyone run these?

I was also thinking about the Quadratec Gen II Stealth LED's but didn't want to pay $300 if I don't have to. Are these worth the extra $200? Get what you pay for?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 07:33 AM
RogerP
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Link?

I have been using Cree headlights and like them. You will have to adjust them much lower than factory sealed beams or you will be blinding folks.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ones I am using.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 09:49 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lighting is something where you get what you pay for. Between bulbs, optics, housing, wiring, relays, switches, etc. there is lots of R&D and quality parts that go in to a design or not. Lots of ways to screw things up. I run a more expensive LED set of headlights that are awesome and control the light perfectly. No unusual adjustments necessary.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 AM
prerunner1982
1993 XJ Cherokee 

These are the ones that I use and haven't had a problem with them over the last year.
They have a decent cut off line.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jon
1993 XJ Sport 2 door
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2019, 02:54 PM
MildlyWild

I have LX-Light headlights and fogs without halo's on my JK. I haven't posted an Amazon review yet because I wanted to put some time on them.

Headlights and fogs put out tons of white light. My issue is on the connectors and it's exactly a "get what you pay for" issue. Both the fogs and headlights have adapter harnesses.

Headlight adapter harness is not a solid watertight connection to the headlight. I improvised with some spot tie and stretch tape. I don't have pics handy, but can shoot some and add them in later.

Fog light adapter harnesses werent keyed to mate to the jeep side harness, so I had to trim the incorrect key lugs off on the adapter harness. To top it off, the adapter harnesses had different keying.

Would I buy them again knowing their shortcomings? Yes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in