79 Jeep J10 not getting power - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 10-12-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Huntvinc

79 Jeep J10 not getting power

I recently acquired my grandfathers 79 Jeep J10 and have begun the restoration process (first timer). My dad had the truck running 6-7 years ago but it’s been in storage ever since. I started with all the basic tune up stuff. Cleaned out fuel tank, repaired lines, all new filters, oil, brakes, plugs, wires, battery, new fuel pump, etc and it fired right up and ran great. My dad mentioned that he thought it has a wiring issue that would drain the battery after sitting for a few weeks. I cranked it several times this week with no issue, but on Thursday I went to crank it and it started to crank for a split second and then lost all power. Not the air, dash lights, or anything will come on when I turn the key now. Radio does light up when I turn it backward. I removed the battery and charged it for 24 hours and still nothing. Not sure what all needs to be checked or what it could be. Any help on where to start will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in