2012 JK Infinity Audio problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-19-2019, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
[email protected]

2012 JK Infinity Audio problems

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and need some help with my stereo upgrade. I have listed all the equipment I have installed and how I set it up. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2 Door
Infinity sound system with sub, no touchscreen

The factory head unit and amplifier is being used. I did not upgrade them. The factory tweeters are disconnected and not in use. I have installed an audio control LC6i line output converter, a pioneer GM-D9705 5 channel amplifier, and alpines spe-6000 4 ohm woofers. The subwoofer is a cheaper dual voice coil 4 ohm 8in bazooka. I have wired the LOC after the factory amplifier using Mesa 16 gauge speaker wire. The LOC is then connected to the amplifier via Messa rca cables. The Each set of speakers has a separate channel. The alpine woofers are ran in stereo, while the bazooka subwoofer is bridged to 2 ohms. I have used the factory speaker wires. I have also stuffed all 5 speaker enclosures with foam.

My problem is the midrange alpines sound very distorted at mid to high volume. They sound worse then the factory setup. At 75% volume with the gain all the way down, the speakers sound very poor and static. I have tried setting the amp with and without the hi pass filters on. I have adjusted the frequency of these channels every way possible. The gain is turned nearly all the way down. I can not figure out why I am not getting clear sound from my speakers.

Can anyone offer any insight on this? Do I need to replace the factory head unit and remove the factory amp? The factory amp and head unit communicate via canbus and cannot be separated. Could the factory speaker wire cause this? When the sound system was stock, it did not sound bad, just not great. It certainly was not this distorted. Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in