Snobrdrkid's 04 Overland Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 617 Old 10-16-2015, 12:08 PM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Stillen rotors and pad here as well. Very happy with their performance.

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 617 Old 10-18-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled jeep View Post
Stillen rotors and pad here as well. Very happy with their performance.
Which is why I want to get them again!

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #93 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Next mod is a transmission cooler, saw one blow up this weekend when we were wheeling. Overheated and killed it.
Going for a nice big cooler. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XONRYK/

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-

post #94 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 09:59 AM
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

Garage
That's the same one that you have on your 4.0, right? I believe that's what I installed on mine.

~Chris
His: 2004 WJ - OME HD 'Kolak' Lift -

His: 1979 J-10 - 3" on 33s -

His: 2009 Expedition
His: 1978 F250 Custom -

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
"You can't recycle tartar sauce."
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_80 View Post
Weird, I didn't realize you could use vomit as coolant.
post #95 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
That's the same one that you have on your 4.0, right? I believe that's what I installed on mine.
I (we) have the Derale 13503, the above is the 13504, just a hair bigger.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #96 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM
ChrisHager

2004 WJ 

Garage
Ahh OK. Bigger is better if you can get it to fit!

~Chris
His: 2004 WJ - OME HD 'Kolak' Lift -

His: 1979 J-10 - 3" on 33s -

His: 2009 Expedition
His: 1978 F250 Custom -

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
"You can't recycle tartar sauce."
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_80 View Post
Weird, I didn't realize you could use vomit as coolant.
post #97 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHager View Post
Ahh OK. Bigger is better if you can get it to fit!
Yeah! I am thinking I am going to pull the front clip off for this. Including the header panel. Also since the header panel is a little broken it would be an opportune time to fix it or replace it.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #98 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 10:41 AM
wxmanWJ
2000 WJ 

Question is, will you bypass the radiator cooler or run both?? Not sure how you have it set up on your 4.0.

My "stocker" build thread: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/my-first-jeep-owning-adventure-1532212
post #99 of 617 Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmanWJ View Post
Question is, will you bypass the radiator cooler or run both?? Not sure how you have it set up on your 4.0.
On my 4.0 it runs from the transmission to the factory cooler in the ac condenser (04 thing only) then to my aux cooler and to the transmission.

On the Overland, it only has the trans cooler integrated into the radiator. I am planning on using both integrated and then running to the aux and back to the transmission. However, this is a big enough cooler where I would feel comfortable running only this cooler and deleting the integrated cooler. Would keep heat out of the coolant and help keep the motor cooler.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #100 of 617 Old 10-20-2015, 12:14 PM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

If you install the aux cooler in front of the radiator and as a pre cooler before tranny fluid enters the radiator, it would still contribute to the engine coolant temp I would think.

I would think a separate isolated cooler with its own fan might be helpful. I run such a combo from B&M on my Mustang. It's not in front of the radiator and hence the heat isn't dumped into the radiator.

I've been happy with that setup on that car.. Might help you here?

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
post #101 of 617 Old 10-20-2015, 05:57 PM
willis36
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Best performing brake pads made for our Jeeps. Period!

http://www.shop.blackmagicbrakes.com...-F-BMB-945.htm
post #102 of 617 Old 10-21-2015, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled jeep View Post
If you install the aux cooler in front of the radiator and as a pre cooler before tranny fluid enters the radiator, it would still contribute to the engine coolant temp I would think.

I would think a separate isolated cooler with its own fan might be helpful. I run such a combo from B&M on my Mustang. It's not in front of the radiator and hence the heat isn't dumped into the radiator.

I've been happy with that setup on that car.. Might help you here?
Still undecided, I am debating that bypassing the internal cooler all together may be the best option. At the same time, I have heard that the internal cooler will "regulate" the temperature from getting too cold. I don't think that will ever be an issue though.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #103 of 617 Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
I was getting acceleration vibrations from a stops between 10 and 20 mph. Found the culprit and fixed the problem. Two new Spicer joints and some paint for extra HP.

Also got my switches in.

And a crappy video of the exhaust note in the parking garage. Sounds best with some bass capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJZHb4Ug5k

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #104 of 617 Old 10-23-2015, 10:30 PM
jeepwjboy
1999 WJ 

Wow! What a wonderful Jeep! I haven't seen such a clean stock-like build like this yet, it's great to see someone else who has a relatively stock Jeep. I am working on making my 1999 Grand Cherokee back to stock and as clean as I can make it. It is just too clean to lift. Your Overland is stunning, I hopefully can own one just like yours one day! Keep up the great work.

Edit: I didn't mean to be rude in anyway by saying that your Jeep is relatively stock, when I think about a modded Jeep I think about those wild bumpers and large wheels. I
When it comes down to things, your Jeep is modded. Sorry for the confusion

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
4.7L V8 - Original Engine
251,077 miles and counting.
post #105 of 617 Old 10-26-2015, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwjboy View Post
Wow! What a wonderful Jeep! I haven't seen such a clean stock-like build like this yet, it's great to see someone else who has a relatively stock Jeep. I am working on making my 1999 Grand Cherokee back to stock and as clean as I can make it. It is just too clean to lift. Your Overland is stunning, I hopefully can own one just like yours one day! Keep up the great work.

Edit: I didn't mean to be rude in anyway by saying that your Jeep is relatively stock, when I think about a modded Jeep I think about those wild bumpers and large wheels. I
When it comes down to things, your Jeep is modded. Sorry for the confusion
Thanks for the post, I appreciate that!

No, I understand, its all good.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in