LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 617 Old 10-07-2015, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsled jeep View Post
Cool. Thanks for the advice, I just ordered one.
Nice! Happy to help.

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 617 Old 10-11-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Rock sliders are on!

Riding low with some extra tires.

~ 04 WJ Overland 4.7 HO | Graphite Metallic | Quadra-Drive | Vari-Locks | Bilstein 4600ís | ADDCO Sway Bar | Powerstick Exhaust | RB1 | SuperChips Tuned | Much More to Come ~

~ 04 WJ Laredo 4.0 | Selec-Trac | MBP | OME HD 3" Lift | JKS TB | IRO Front LCA's and UCA's| Bilstein 5100's | Silent Armor 245/70/17's | Custom Front D.S. | Stillen Rotors/Pads | Tow Package w/ 3.73's | Moog HD Steering | Kenwood eXcelon HU | Alpine Speakers, Amps, and Subs | Bilstein SS | Auxiliary Transmission Cooler | Rock Lights | Light Bars | Lots of Cool Stuff ~

~ 05 Rubicon Unlimited 4.0 | 6-Speed | Dana 44's | Air Lockers | 4.11 Gears | Rock-Trac 241OR T-Case with 4:1 4-Low | OME HD Springs | Bilstein 5100ís | 245/75/16 Kevlar MT/R's on Moabs | Hansen Offroad Steel F/R Bumpers | Warn 9000xi Winch | Edge Performance Chip | Custom CAI | Hella Off-road Lights | Cobra 29 CB | Flash Lights | Recovery Gear | Fire Extinguisher ~

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #63 of 617 Old 10-11-2015, 04:03 PM
Cirruslydakota
1999 WJ 

Sliders were one of the first things I put on mine, although I had to drill holes out and install nutserts. I painted mine Rustoluem hammered black (has the crinkle finish) and they look great, works on the plastic end caps too!

Thorne - 02 WJ Overland
Bear - 99 WJ Laredo
Apollo - 08 Mazdaspeed3
Valentine - 99 XJ Limited

post #64 of 617 Old 10-11-2015, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
Sliders were one of the first things I put on mine, although I had to drill holes out and install nutserts. I painted mine Rustoluem hammered black (has the crinkle finish) and they look great, works on the plastic end caps too!
Both of my 04's have the holes and squares cut out already. I bought new J-nuts and matching bolts and stuck them on. I did use POR-15 Silver on the rusty spots on the rails. I thought about painting black but I like the gray.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #65 of 617 Old 10-11-2015, 08:13 PM
wxmanWJ
2000 WJ 

Were the sliders not on it when you got it from the other member here? I can't remember. If not were they included with the sale or did you have a set laying around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirruslydakota View Post
I need to do this too ^^. I found your other thread, Cirruslydakota and it was very helpful. Nervous about drilling the holes and not messing up the nutserts but I also need to overhaul the used set of sliders I picked up first anyway.

BOT: Looks great with the gray!

My "stocker" build thread: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/my-first-jeep-owning-adventure-1532212
post #66 of 617 Old 10-11-2015, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmanWJ View Post
Were the sliders not on it when you got it from the other member here? I can't remember. If not were they included with the sale or did you have a set laying around?

I need to do this too ^^. I found your other thread, Cirruslydakota and it was very helpful. Nervous about drilling the holes and not messing up the nutserts but I also need to overhaul the used set of sliders I picked up first anyway.

BOT: Looks great with the gray!
So I have had them in a shed for over a year or longer. I finally got around to cleaning them up, painting where needed, and installing them.

Funny story is that I picked them up from the junkyard in my hometown for the previous owner and we never ended up exchanging them so they sat in my shed. So when I bought the Overland from him I just kept them.

There was a lot of wiggle room with the slider brackets so if it isn't perfect you'll still be okay.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #67 of 617 Old 10-12-2015, 10:14 AM
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

The junkyard never charged my credit card for the sliders either. Yay for free sliders! Lol

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
2002 WJ Overland 4.7HO

post #68 of 617 Old 10-12-2015, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Overland47 View Post
The junkyard never charged my credit card for the sliders either. Yay for free sliders! Lol
Haha, yeah, got lucky on that one!

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #69 of 617 Old 10-12-2015, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
During my oil change today I noticed both of the front rotors have some cracks in them. Looks like I will be needing to replace those. I really want to get the Stillen combo again but that may be out of the price range for the time being.

Looking at Centric premium rotors and pads. Thoughts?

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #70 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 12:15 AM
SnowLeopard

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07 View Post
During my oil change today I noticed both of the front rotors have some cracks in them. Looks like I will be needing to replace those. I really want to get the Stillen combo again but that may be out of the price range for the time being.

Looking at Centric premium rotors and pads. Thoughts?
How can they be cracked? How many miles are on them? Rotors should last an incredibly long time. As for pads, I quite like the Posiquiet brand.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
post #71 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post

How can they be cracked? How many miles are on them? Rotors should last an incredibly long time. As for pads, I quite like the Posiquiet brand.
How? No idea. Maybe 20 or 25 thousand miles on them.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #72 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 02:30 AM
SnowLeopard

1997 ZJ 

Are those replacement rotors then? What brand? I've heard of rotors warping, but cracking? This I'd complain about, to whoever the manufacturer is.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
post #73 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard View Post
Are those replacement rotors then? What brand? I've heard of rotors warping, but cracking? This I'd complain about, to whoever the manufacturer is.
Advance Auto Gold line if I remember correctly.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-
post #74 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 08:49 AM
04Overland47

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrkid07
Advance Auto Gold line if I remember correctly.
Napa Gold rotors with Duralast Cmax ceramic pads.

2004 WJ Overland 4.7HO Graphite 127k miles / Powerstick Muffler / Superchips / Bilstein HD's / Addco Rear Bar / SOLD!
1998 ZJ Limited 5.9 SOLD!
2010 WK Laredo 5.7
2002 WJ Overland 4.7HO

post #75 of 617 Old 10-13-2015, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
snobrdrkid07
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Overland47 View Post
Napa Gold rotors with Duralast Cmax ceramic pads.
I could give them a call and ask what their warranty is.

~
~
~
~
~
~
~

-Michael-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in