Anybody have experience with vipmotoz on Ebay? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 03-15-2015, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

Anybody have experience with vipmotoz on Ebay?

Hey all.
I'm looking into getting some projectors to replace my stock headlights. I was thinking about buying some Spyder projectors from Amazon, but then I found this headlight/taillight combo on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2004-Je...663bfd&vxp=mtr
Since one of my brake lights is out, and I'm pretty sure it's a short in the wiring harness, I figured I might as well replace those as well while I'm at it (also, because I think they'll look cool ).
Does anybody have experience with this seller or these lights? I did a quick forum search to see if I could find some feedback but I only pulled up a couple of results, and no reviews after having the lights installed for awhile.
Thanks for your wisdom!

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____
|l_-- \__l\__|----[]lllllll[]|
__(o)_)_____(o)_)--o-)_)_
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-15-2015, 07:52 PM
03JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

I bought my Gen 3 projectors through them, I also unfortunately had to go through customer service as one of the CCFL Halo inverters was DOA. They shipped out two replacements very quickly and I had a great experience with their customer service. If you plan to hook up the halos, I'd reccomend checking with them to see if they are CCFL's. LED halos are extremely dim, the CCFLs are very noticable even at dusk and match very well at night with 5000k HID's.

Also have you seen these tail lights? (Linked the smoked version but they also have a clear one). http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-99-04-Je...13a1c9&vxp=mtr

I had the clears on my last WJ and plan to get the smoked on my current one. They're very bright and OEM+ looking, there's other forum members running them perhaps you can find their threads by searching?
post #3 of 19 Old 03-16-2015, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

I honestly don't care too much about how bright the halos are. They're a cool addition, but mostly I wanted the projectors so I can put HIDs in them.

Those taillights are pretty cool, but I actually think I like the ones that come in the combo a little bit better (re: it's easier to convince the wife to let me get them when it's all one purchase ). They only have two LEDs in each one but it looks like it would be pretty easy to wire up a whole bank of them along the sides.

Have you had any issues with water leaking into the headlight casings, the polycarbonate lenses clouding, or anything like that? I was looking at a pair of Spyders but I read some negative reviews about them not being completely watertight, and my stock headlights are so clouded that none of the methods I've tried for polishing them have worked for longer than a few weeks.

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____

post #4 of 19 Old 03-16-2015, 09:34 PM
MoonyJohn

2004 WJ 

I like mine. Brother just got a set, the halos are weak. Projectors make the stock bulbs way brighter which is good too, I dont have HIDs so I couldnt help you there

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
post #5 of 19 Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow, those do look really nice. Are those the ones with LED halos or CCFL?

I've been reading up on HIDs on the forum, and I'm gonna go with what seems to be the common consensus on the ones to get, so no worries there.

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____
post #6 of 19 Old 03-16-2015, 09:51 PM
MoonyJohn

2004 WJ 

Probably CCFL, i can barely see them. Ive seen other kits where im like, wow that is a full halo (not in a jeep), kinda bummed they are dull. Im not huge on them either, I bought them for the projector

post #7 of 19 Old 03-17-2015, 01:03 AM
03JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

I've only had mine on for maybe 5-10k miles between my old WJ and my current one but so far no condensation or UV damage. The projectors are really nice, I still need to aim mine a bit though. At the current beam adjustment, they light up the road very well. It's even more noticeable on dark roads or long night trips.
post #8 of 19 Old 03-18-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks folks!

I'm definitely going to grab them. I'll update with pics once they're installed!

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____
post #9 of 19 Old 03-18-2015, 08:39 PM
03JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

You'll definitely like them, especially when you pop some HIDs in there. One of my favorite cosmetic mods.
post #10 of 19 Old 03-18-2015, 09:38 PM
MoonyJohn

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03JeepWJ View Post
You'll definitely like them, especially when you pop some HIDs in there. One of my favorite cosmetic mods.
Have any uploads with the HIDs?

post #11 of 19 Old 03-19-2015, 01:30 PM
03JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

I can grab a few pics for you guys on Saturday. I'm off work and it'll be pretty nice outside so I can aim the heads and fogs. Will update on Saturday night or Sunday.
post #12 of 19 Old 03-19-2015, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

Speaking of the HIDs, I was looking at getting these http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W in 55W and 5000K.

The regular 9006 bulb will fit even though the stock bulb is a 9006XS right?

Also, should I get the HID wiring harness or is that not something I need to worry about?

Thanks again for all the help, and I'm really looking forward to taking a look at those pics!

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____
post #13 of 19 Old 03-19-2015, 11:23 PM
03JeepWJ
2003 WJ 

Yes, the 9006 fits perfect. I have read in a few places that 55W aren't necessary for HIDs and can even damage the wiring or housing. Some with 55W claim to have no issues but I've run 35W DDM 6 and 5k. They were both plenty bright, I've never felt a need to go with 55's. I also believe with the 55 Watts, DDM recommends that wiring harness/relay. Definitely look into it some of you want to go 55 watt, but the 35 and these housings make a world of difference.
post #14 of 19 Old 03-20-2015, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
jadeDHero

2008 JK Wrangler 

I wasn't really sure if it was worth it to go for the 55W; I don't really have any experience with HIDs, and I figured for an extra $10 I might as well go for it, but I'm not set on that. I think the 35W will be fine, especially since it may cause issues down the line to go with the 55W.

‎| ,_======o00o_
|//__|__l__,\____\,____
post #15 of 19 Old 03-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Sam340
2000 WJ 

I bought my taillights, headlights, fog lamps and 3'rd brake light from vipmotoz. Quick shipping, easy to install,and looks good. They look nice and the whole kit cost me around $180. We'll see how long they last but I'm happy with them so far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in