2012 GC recall V62 fuel pump relay. - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ColdCase

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-05-2020, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Mattsy

2012 GC recall V62 fuel pump relay.

Received a recall letter last November saying that issues with stalling and not starting have been found, but no fix is available. This is to fix a previous recall on fuel pump relay. As of today still no fix available. I was told during a call to Chrysler that I needed to make an appointment with a dealer. Dealer told me no fix so need for an appointment. I have been having the no start and stall issue for about 6 months. A pretty random happening but getting more frequent, about once per week it won't start. Let it sit for a few minutes and it will start. Any one figure this out yet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-05-2020, 09:24 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There is a thread in the WK2 subforum that describes how to replace the relay with one you can get about anywhere. Usually fixes the issue, there are some exceptions probably resulting from a poor install.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309...index-3478986/
JeepRonibo likes this.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 8 Old 02-06-2020, 07:34 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsy View Post
Received a recall letter last November saying that issues with stalling and not starting have been found, but no fix is available. This is to fix a previous recall on fuel pump relay. As of today still no fix available. I was told during a call to Chrysler that I needed to make an appointment with a dealer. Dealer told me no fix so need for an appointment. I have been having the no start and stall issue for about 6 months. A pretty random happening but getting more frequent, about once per week it won't start. Let it sit for a few minutes and it will start. Any one figure this out yet?
We know this is a frustrating situation and do apologize, Mattsy. Our team recommends staying in touch with your dealer as to when a fix will be available for your vehicle. Should you have any questions in the meantime, your dealer team will be in the best position to assist.

Kate
JeepCares

post #4 of 8 Old 05-06-2020, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Mattsy

Still no fix!

This is getting to be an every day problem! Try to start and nothing just the starter engaging or it starts and then shuts down right away. Wait ten minutes and it will start. Dealer will not do anything unless it is in a no start situation when it arrives at their shop. I call Chrysler and still no fix. Dealer told me that changing the relay does not fix the problem.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-06-2020, 05:28 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There have been some recent reports in the WK2 subforum that it may be the fuel pump itself causing all these issues. Some draw too much current which over-stresses the relay then eventually fails itself. So the dealer may be waiting for it to fail altogether. Dunno.

I was born with nuttin' and I still have most of it
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #6 of 8 Old 05-07-2020, 08:44 AM Thread Starter
Mattsy

Dealer

Just got off the telephone with the dealer, and he told me he is still waiting to here from Chrysler for a fix. Nothing can be done until then. Won't even replace anything, because he does not know what needs replacing in order to fix the problem.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-02-2020, 12:30 PM
superheady
2009 XK Commander 

I've had the recall done. They basically make an external fuel pump relay. It also goes bad. Chrysler is too cheap to replace broken TIPMs in 1000s of vehicles so we have to drive our families around in a vehicle that shuts off mid-braking. It's very dangerous and mind blowing that there is no fix yet. Profits over people's lives is the message I'm getting.

This almost caused an accident this winter when my wife and I and our 1yr old were coming off the highway in a snowstorm. The Jeep shut off and killed all power steering and breaking and she slid into the intersection as a truck came through. Luckily nothing happened, but that is all I needed to want to get rid of this death trap Grand Cherokee for good.

If Chrysler won't own up to their issue, then why would I support them in any way? My family could have been destroyed due to a careless "recall fix"

FYI mine is at the dealer again today for the 3rd fix. It's pathetic.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-03-2020, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Mattsy

Chrysler finally returned a call and I went to the dealer and they replaced the fuel pump relay to no avail. The parts department manager there has the same issue with his Grand Cherokee also, so they did mine and his at the same time. Chrysler called me back this morning and after talking to my dealer and trying a fix on the parts managers vehicle they determined that there are 2 screws on the fuel pump that were used on the last recall for the fuel pump that are to long and are hitting a couple wires. They changed those screws and so far the parts manager has not had an issue with his vehicle. They are going to run it for a while and see how it goes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in