Would You Pay $200 For an Oil Filter? - JeepForum.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 214 Old 05-27-2008, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

Would You Pay $200 For an Oil Filter?

PLEASE READ THIS. You owe it to yourself, your Jeep and the environment to read and understand oils and filters as it was told to me by an "oil engineer."

DISCLAIMER: This article (not unlike any you'd see in an automotive magazine) is all about how to choose the best motor oil and why you should use Pure Power's cleanable Lifetime filter for your vehicles. I must tell you that I will NOT benefit from the publication of this article in any way - not even financially. I feel so strongly about what this filter can do for the planet and our consumption of oil, that I was inspired to write this piece.

Would you spend $200 on an oil filter for your vehicle?

Most of you would laugh at that question before you responded, “Heck no!” That is, until you’ve had a chance to understand just how cost-effective and environmentally “green” the Pure Power filter really is.

On a typical vehicle, you (should) change your oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. And what do you do with the oil and used filter? “Green” conscious people take their oil to an auto parts store or hazardous waste center for recycling and proper disposal. Still, others just toss them in the trash. Either way, the used filters usually end up in a landfill somewhere. And what about the marinas around the world? Do you know that some boat owners and boat mechanics have the audacity to toss their used oil filters overboard? Did you know that ONE DROP of used oil contaminates TEN GALLONS of water?

What if there was a filter that you cleaned and never had to throw away? What if that filter allowed you to drive 7,500 to 12,000 miles between oil changes? What if that filter allowed so much more oil to pass through the system that the engine actually stayed cooler and was more efficient? What if that resulted in fewer costly repairs and a much longer engine life? What if lower bad emissions resulted from the use of this filter? What if you gained 5 to 6 horsepower just by using this filter?

Would it now be worth $200? You bet it would.

Think about the effects if everyone used this filter. Fewer used oil filters to trash. Fewer emissions. Lower usage of oil. Lower consumption of gasoline. Cleaner oceans. The decision to save our planet starts with each person’s choices. Choosing a Pure Power oil filter is the best investment in saving our planet and money that you can start with.

How “Green” is the Pure Power filter and oil?

Well, aside from buying less oil for fewer oil changes, there’s the obvious fact of never throwing your oil filters out which end up in landfills. In independent tests, the use of Pure Power filters resulted in 9% fewer HCCOs out of the tailpipe and the use of his brand of oils resulted in an additional 3% drop in bad emissions. He also stated that 94% of conventional oil is bio degradable while synthetics are only 48-50%. Pure Power also sells a wide variety of high quality oils and lubricants.

Who makes this wondrous filter?

Based out of Huntington Beach, California, Pure Power fits over 25,000 applications with their spin-on direct replacement LIFETIME oil filters. The man behind Pure Power is Mr. Kelly Tidwell; a chemical engineer who’s been around race cars and race boats all his life. Pure Power filters are presently being used in many engines including foreign and domestic, gasoline, diesel, bio-diesel, motorcycles, big rig trucks, military equipment, farm and mining equipment - even piston engine aircraft. Pure Power is the ONLY cleanable oil filter to pass strict F.A.A. testing.

Pure Power filters have been in the winner's circle in every major racing venue on land, sea and air including NASCAR, NHRA (Pro Stock car and motorcycle), IHRA, ABPA, etc. They have won major awards for design innovation and performance. Pure Power motor oil and filters have been used in commercial and government fleets for years including police departments, fire departments and postal fleets. His filter design has enabled aircraft to change oil after 100 hours of flight time versus the 25 hours with conventional filters.

I spoke with Kelly Tidwell for over ninety minutes. And during that phone call, he schooled me with the truth about oil and filters.

I asked him about my GMC’s manual advising me to use 5w30 oil. He chuckled and told me that there is no such thing as real 5 weight oil. They get 5 weight oil by diluting a 10 weight oil with solvents. He went on to tell me that every consumer vehicle should only use one of two grades: either 10w30 or 15w40 – PERIOD. 20w50 is too thick and too full of additives. 5 weight is too thin and full of solvents. He told me that the greater the distance between the first and second number of the oil grading, the more additives in the formula. This man had my attention.

I asked him if the climate affects the nature of the oil. He told me that all oils break down from heat and usage. 5 weight oil is not protecting your engine like it should for any real length of time. A 20 weight oil is too thick and slows down the engine’s ability to move, making the engine work harder and getting you fewer MPGs.

He told me NEVER go to one of those oil change places because they use “mystery oil” from a barrel that they mass purchase. This oil is re-refined. You never know what you’re getting in that scenario because unlike food and drink, there is no set of rules or labels that show their formula. It’s best to learn how to change your own oil. When I told him I have always changed my own oil, he commended me.

All oils start as a base oil. What changes the characteristics of oil are the additives. He told me that if I wanted to make my oil brand of oil that there are companies that will sell me barrels of oil with my formula of additives in it. Once I get my labels slapped on these barrels, I’d be in business. That’s more or less how the oil companies operate. For this reason, he suggested buying major label oils like Shell or Chevron – or I could buy his oil. He didn’t push his brand and I’m pretty sure he did that so as to not come off as a salesman. This man is the real deal, let me tell you.

I asked him about synthetic oil. He laughed and told me that there is NO SUCH THING AS A TRUE SYNTHETIC OIL. He went on to tell me that synthetic oils are their way of stealing your money legally. It’s a game of, “How can we get the people to spend $6-$7 per quart? If there was a true 100% synthetic, it would be a lot more expensive. He went on to tell me NEVER use Synthetic oil. I laughed and told him I changed my oil the day prior with Mobil 1 synthetic. He told me that synthetic oils put plastics (polymers) in the formula. Under heated conditions, these plastics separate from the oil and attach to the metal in your engine. Synthetics are also highly acidic and that’s not good for your engine at all. He also informed me that Pennzoil sued Castrol because Castrol used to claim they made 100% synthetic oil. That was not true and look at Castrol’s Syntec oil label now. I asked him if there’s any truth to the myth that once you put synthetic in your motor, you can never switch back to conventional oil. He chuckled and told me that is totally false. It’s the oil companies perpetuating the lies to force you to continue to buy synthetics at $6-$7 a quart.

He suggested I use a good “commercial grade” oil and a good filter and I’d be fine. I asked how to decipher what a good commercial grade oil is. He told me to look at the back of a bottle of motor oil. There are codes on the rear label like SM, SG, SL, CI4, CG4, etc.

As a rule of thumb, if the “S” is before the “C”, it’s a lower grade oil and do NOT use it. If the “C” is before the “S” it’s good commercial grade oil. He told me (and it’s public record) that Mobil 1 oil has been removed from the aviation industry altogether and it’s been in and out of the consumer market NINE times. Wow, that’s an eye opener.

I asked him about oil additives like Slick 50, Duralube, etc. He said it’s another way for these people to steal money from you legally. Slick 50 (now owned by Quaker State) was sued and ordered to pay out 25 million in damages. Well, if they make 164 million in the USA alone, that 25 million is spare change. Here’s another instance where the penalty doesn’t justify the crime of ripping people off. Anything with PTF resin in its formula is toxic to your motor.

I asked him how using his filter could possibly get me 5 to 6 more horsepower. He told me that the typical paper-based filter allows 2-6 gallons per minute to pass through it. Thus, becoming the weak link in the oil system. His filter allows 22 gallons per minute. The engine doesn’t have to work as hard because it stays cooler. Resulting in less engine wear and fewer oil changes. The naked human eye can see a 42 micron particle. Throw away filters “filter” up to 25 microns while his really filters down to 5 microns. His filters really filter the oil making the oil pass through the inner stainless steel mesh cone. Throw away filters use metal and paper. The oil passes by the paper with hope that the particles might stick to the paper. There’s no real filtration going on with conventional throw away filters!

For you race enthusiasts and for vehicles that are daily drivers, Kelly recommends a mixture of 70% of the ADW 80/90 GL5 and 30% of ATF for your automatic transmissions.

Cleaning your Pure Power filter is fairly simple.

You remove the filter like you would any ordinary oil filter. Let it drain on top of your oil drain catch basin. Once it’s drained, you unscrew the housing and remove the inner mesh element and make sure to let that drain. Once done, either clean with diesel fuel in a parts cleaner or simply soak in a tub of hot soapy water. Once clean either dry with compressed air or let drip dry if you’ve got the time. Take the used oil to a recycling center. It’s really that simple.

His filter is really unique. Rarely do you get both fuel and air efficiency coupled with more power. Usually, you get one or the other.

Google Kelly Tidwell and then check out his Pure Power filters, his many lubricants and oils at http://www.gopurepower.com/. If it’s good enough for the U.S. Air Force, the U.S. Army, Harley Davidson motorcycles and twenty-two Nascar teams, it’s good enough for your vehicles.

If you need proof of the previous claims in this article, go to FTC.gov or the FAA’s website.

EXTRA CREDIT:

I moderate a Jeep group on MySpace. Members have posed questions to Pure Power, and Fran (Kelly's wife) answers them.

Jon wrote:
"I went to their web site had to check it out. It seems good but there is one thing I haven't figured out. If your oil pump is only pumping 6 gpm then how could it be possible (without having to change your pump) to get it to 20 gpm? That seems to me there has to be another expense to get that added performance and there another 100-200 bucks. For me, heck, I only change my oil about 2-3 times a year it would take me about 13 years for it to pay for itself. It might be good for someone who drives a lot, like maybe for a fleet vehicle, but for personal (at least for myself) it wouldn't really be worth it."

Fran's response:
"Most "throw away" filters flow oil at 2-7 gpm and is known in the industry as a "nominal extraction" filter. In a "throw away" filter the oil DOES NOT go THROUGH the paper filter --it is designed to run the oil BY the paper element. Small (NOMINAL) amounts of debris are then "snagged" or settle in the valley of the pleats. In most paper filters the Bypass opens up shortly after engine startup.

Pure Power! Oil Filter flows at 20+ gpm and is known in the industry as an "ABSOLUTE" full flow filter. ALL oil goes THROUGH the Stainless Steel filter media. Our filter is up to 90% better at debris removal and has two 1" rare earth magnets on each side (each capable of holding 12+ Oz of ferrous metal). You will see an immediate gain in oil pressure, cooler operating temperature, horsepower, fuel mileage (unless you play with the increased horsepower) and lower emissions.

When the resistance is reduced, as with the Pure Power! Oil Filter, the oil pressure and horsepower INCREASES. This is can be compared to installing a more efficient set of headers or exhaust system. The filter does not "make" horsepower, it "FREES" horsepower that is being wasted trying to force oil through and obstruction ("throwaway filter" or bypass"). There have been many dyno tests done around the world all with similar results. We do our testing at Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) which is the premier testing laboratory for automotive products and is used by O.E.M.s and the U.S. Govt. http://www.swri.org/3PUBS/BROCHURE/D...LT/oilfilt.HTM

Fram PH 8A, WIX 51515, K&N HP2001 according to the literature provided by these web sites state 7-9 gallons per minute oil flow. Our equivalent Spin on Replacement (part 8433) which was tested at SwRI at 20.12 gallons per minute. This is a standard test designed by SAE. the procedure is, SAE 30 wt. motor oil being fed by 12 (an-12) line at 180 degrees F, WITH 30 PSI . This is at least double the advertised amount of flow of the "throw away" filters. The SAE TEST is HS 806-2001.

Hope this answers your question.

Fran"

Steve wrote:
"20 GPM is a major jump. Can the factory seals handle it? I don't know if I would use that filter or not, plus will it void my warranty? I don't think $200 is at all high because I change my oil every 3000 miles and after every time I go wheeling, so I would save a bunch. Now what about using that filter with something like AMS oil?"

Fran's response:
"Yes, the factory seals will handle it. No, it will NOT void your warranty. http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128
The filter doesn't care or know what oil is going through it. It can be used with all brands, weights, API classifications, and bases such as synthetic, mineral, bio, veggie etc. However, your engine knows what oil is going through it and there are negative effects on the engine by using inferior motor oils.

Fran"

Guns don't kill people... Bad trail spotters do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.

Last edited by CopperCJ7; 05-28-2008 at 01:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 214 Old 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Retracted....

Dylan-19 and Yearning
93 Rubigrand - Sold... :'(
95 Grand Cherokee Limited - 5.2 Mall Crawler
55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....

Last edited by Darthteddy; 05-31-2008 at 10:09 PM.
post #3 of 214 Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

It's NOT spam at all. I bought the filter and it rocks. Want me to scan the receipt and post it? Is it spam when someone buys a lift kit and swears by it enough to tell other Jeepers about it? Is it spam when someone buys anything that is pretty ingenious and that will save people money and lower the planet's oil consumption? It would benefit many people and save the planet from morons who just dump oil and used filters in the trash.

Quote:
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:

Last edited by CopperCJ7; 06-02-2008 at 11:30 PM.

post #4 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 12:30 PM
flatlander757

2003 TJ Wrangler 

$200 is steep for an oil filter. I'll gladly spend my $200 elsewhere and continue using a normal oil filter.

Quote:
I asked him about my GMC’s manual advising me to use 5w30 oil. He chuckled and told me that there is no such thing as real 5 weight oil. They get 5 weight oil by diluting a 10 weight oil with solvents. He went on to tell me that every consumer vehicle should only use one of two grades: either 10w30 or 15w40 – PERIOD. 20w50 is too thick and too full of additives. 5 weight is too thin and full of solvents. He told me that the greater the distance between the first and second number of the oil grading, the more additives in the formula. This man had my attention.
Tell him to go ahead and do that to any 5.7 Hemi motor with the MDS. It'll screw up all the lifters and cause $$ damage if done for a while.

Quote:
I asked him if the climate affects the nature of the oil. He told me that all oils break down from heat and usage. 5 weight oil is not protecting your engine like it should for any real length of time. A 20 weight oil is too thick and slows down the engine’s ability to move, making the engine work harder and getting you fewer MPGs.
You choose weights based on temperature. Good luck getting basic 30wt oil moving in the cold. You'll get a lot of lifter tick. 5w-30 will flow well until it gets warm and then at operating temperature it will function as 30wt.

Quote:
I asked him about synthetic oil. He laughed and told me that there is NO SUCH THING AS A TRUE SYNTHETIC OIL. He went on to tell me that synthetic oils are their way of stealing your money legally. It’s a game of, “How can we get the people to spend $6-$7 per quart? If there was a true 100% synthetic, it would be a lot more expensive. He went on to tell me NEVER use Synthetic oil. I laughed and told him I changed my oil the day prior with Mobil 1 synthetic. He told me that synthetic oils put plastics (polymers) in the formula. Under heated conditions, these plastics separate from the oil and attach to the metal in your engine. Synthetics are also highly acidic and that’s not good for your engine at all. He also informed me that Pennzoil sued Castrol because Castrol used to claim they made 100% synthetic oil. That was not true and look at Castrol’s Syntec oil label now. I asked him if there’s any truth to the myth that once you put synthetic in your motor, you can never switch back to conventional oil. He chuckled and told me that is totally false. It’s the oil companies perpetuating the lies to force you to continue to buy synthetics at $6-$7 a quart.
Yes and no... if the engine is in good mechanical condition you can easily switch from dino to synthetic and back as much as you want. If there is some dino oil built up around a seal that is basically stopping up what would be a leak, switching to synthetic COULD break away the oil gunk and then leak out. Not fault of the synthetic oil though.

Quote:
As a rule of thumb, if the “S” is before the “C”, it’s a lower grade oil and do NOT use it. If the “C” is before the “S” it’s good commercial grade oil. He told me (and it’s public record) that Mobil 1 oil has been removed from the aviation industry altogether and it’s been in and out of the consumer market NINE times. Wow, that’s an eye opener.
Golly gee!! Sounds like you're buying into his BS!

Quote:
I asked him how using his filter could possibly get me 5 to 6 more horsepower. He told me that the typical paper-based filter allows 2-6 gallons per minute to pass through it. Thus, becoming the weak link in the oil system. His filter allows 22 gallons per minute. The engine doesn’t have to work as hard because it stays cooler. Resulting in less engine wear and fewer oil changes. The naked human eye can see a 42 micron particle. Throw away filters “filter” up to 25 microns while his really filters down to 5 microns. His filters really filter the oil making the oil pass through the inner stainless steel mesh cone. Throw away filters use metal and paper. The oil passes by the paper with hope that the particles might stick to the paper. There’s no real filtration going on with conventional throw away filters!
His filter may or may not be stupid-fantastic at filtering, but honestly the 4.0 doesn't care. It will live to 300,000 miles with decent dino oil and a good oil filter without problems.

And secondly, in the bold that is BS, the engine temp is controlled by the t-stat, if you want it to run cooler remove it and get a huge-*** radiator. What will this do? Kill your mpg, wear your engine faster, and empty your wallet sooner. 210 or so degrees is the optimum engine temp to keep wear and tear down and mpg up.

You sir just bought into $200 worth of BS

SOLDThe lumbering steel-laden pig - 2003 TJ - 40" LTBs - D60/D70HD - 5.86s - Detroit lockers - 110" wheelbase

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
post #5 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 PM
waterboarder

2007 JK Wrangler 

If the oil filter maker were concerned about saving the planet, he would be selling this magic oil filter for $5 instead of $200.
post #6 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 01:33 PM
gabrod72

1993 ZJ 

Haaa!!!!!!!!! I'm with you Texasdog. It seems that going "Green" is the latest FAD and many people are ripping others off. Why the hell would I pay $200 for an oil filter? If the inventor and or development company that brought it to market was really planet conscious, they would offer it at a competitve price... Like maybe even double what a normal filter costs.

This just adds more fuel to my theory that many people out there can be convinced that they "NEED" something when they really don't. I like the idea, but I'd rather wait until the patent runs out and someone else makes it for a REASONABLE COST. My .02
post #7 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

I guess you people just don't get it.

How much are you spending on throw away oil filters over 10 years? MORE than $200 I assure you. And the fact that you have to change the oil LESS FREQUENTLY means more savings. DID YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY TAKE MATH CLASSES IN SCHOOL?

So let's say you spend $8 on a typical Bosch throw away oil filter.

How many times do you change oil (with throw-away filters) in 10 years? If you only drive 12,000 miles a year, that's 4 changes per year - right? So in 10 years, you're doing FORTY oil changes. That's 8 x 40 = $320 FOR JUST THE FILTERS - AT THE MINIMUM. Now factor in the oil - how much are you spending? 5 or 6 quarts of REGULAR (not synthetic oil) for 40 oil changes. How much is that going to cost? These costs will go way up if you drive more than 12,000 a year, use synthetic oils or higher grade disposable filters.

VERSUS...

You pay $200 for a filter ONE TIME and you have to change your oil once every 7500 -12,000 (depending on type of oil used). More often than not, the Pure Power filter will fit other vehicles, so the chances of you keeping the same filter is high if you sell your vehicle. For instance, the one I bought for my Jeep will work with MOST Jeeps.

So let's say you change your oil (while using the Pure Power filter) every 7500 miles - (which is the minimum). How many changes is that in 10 years? Not 40... it would be 16. So you'd cut your oil consumption (by more than half) and you'd spend much less buying the oil. Are you grasping this concept yet?

So you geniuses still want to ridicule his stuff? Fine. I'm all for spending less money. I'm all for slowing down the amount of used oil filters that end up in land fills.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by CopperCJ7; 05-31-2008 at 05:25 PM.
post #8 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdog View Post
If the oil filter maker were concerned about saving the planet, he would be selling this magic oil filter for $5 instead of $200.
And if you actually saw the quality of the machined parts and the fact that this filter is saving you money on filters and oil over the long run, you'd actually get it.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72 View Post
Haaa!!!!!!!!! I'm with you Texasdog. It seems that going "Green" is the latest FAD and many people are ripping others off. Why the hell would I pay $200 for an oil filter? If the inventor and or development company that brought it to market was really planet conscious, they would offer it at a competitve price... Like maybe even double what a normal filter costs.

This just adds more fuel to my theory that many people out there can be convinced that they "NEED" something when they really don't. I like the idea, but I'd rather wait until the patent runs out and someone else makes it for a REASONABLE COST. My .02
You'll be dead before the patent runs out and his family will probably renew it anyway. Love the pessimism over basic logic.

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
His filter may or may not be stupid-fantastic at filtering, but honestly the 4.0 doesn't care. It will live to 300,000 miles with decent dino oil and a good oil filter without problems.
I never said there would or wouldn't be problems. I said you could SAVE MONEY over the long haul. Fewer oil changes means less oil used and ONE filter versus FORTY in 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757 View Post
You sir just bought into $200 worth of BS
Yeah, I guess you're right. So the fact that Harley Davidson just bought another 50,000 of these to sell as standard equipment on their bikes must mean they're stupid too. I guess the fact that FORTY Nascar teams use these filters - they're stupid. The speed boating industry - morons, right? Oh, and the aircraft industry gets longer flight times on these filters between oil changes...so they must be the biggest idiots on the planet. Yeah, you're right - what was I thinking?

Quote:
Quote:
post #11 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 03:55 PM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

i dont mean to start anything and i know you are trying to defend your point, but it seriously seems like you have something the size of a telephone poll crammed up somewhere it shouldnt be. attacking people isnt going to get your argument anywhere. plus, people are afraid of change and look at things like this too good to be true. some more solid data than word of mouth might help.

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

or follow us on
post #12 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
i dont mean to start anything and i know you are trying to defend your point, but it seriously seems like you have something the size of a telephone poll crammed up somewhere it shouldnt be. attacking people isnt going to get your argument anywhere. plus, people are afraid of change and look at things like this too good to be true. some more solid data than word of mouth might help.
You know what... I'm tired of simple-minded people inferring that I'm stupid or naive for spending $200 on something that just makes financial and ecological sense. If they don't want it, fine. I have mine and I love it. Just thought I'd spread some logic to the Jeepers out there, but apparently I.Q. levels have dropped sharply in the last few years.

Some more solid data can EASILY be found on their website which has LINKS to the test sites with all the data proof you need.

Quote:
Quote:
post #13 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 04:11 PM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
You know what... I'm tired of simple-minded people inferring that I'm stupid or naive for spending $200 on something that just makes financial and ecological sense. If they don't want it, fine. I have mine and I love it. Just thought I'd spread some logic to the Jeepers out there, but apparently I.Q. levels have dropped sharply in the last few years.

Some more solid data can EASILY be found on their website which has LINKS to the test sites with all the data proof you need.
i was just trying to help you man, calm down

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
and

or follow us on
post #14 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
CopperCJ7

1984 CJ7 

It's funny, instead of just making a statement, you make the statement and then imply some foreign object is up my sphincter. Nicely done. How is that helping me?

As far as the others... it's fine if they don't believe in the product, but for them to make it personal (against me) to say that I'm somehow crazy or stupid for buying it - bugs me.

We all make purchasing decisions daily. I was merely trying to share something I believe in. All of my friends who bought it - love it too.

One year's worth of oil changes is about $40 in filters and about $75 in oil... $115. PER YEAR at the minimum. Since you're only doing 1 or 2 oil changes with this filter, you're buying half the oil. So how is $200 for a lifetime filter not cost-effective? In essense, the filter pays for itself in about two - three years.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by CopperCJ7; 05-31-2008 at 05:38 PM.
post #15 of 214 Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Katesdad

Well I have seen the filters made for semi trucks and that makes good sense. I use 3 dollar filters and I think Ill drive another 100,000 miles ....if I can afford the gas. 100,000 divided by 3000 equals 33.3 filters times 3=100bucks. Id pay 75 bucks for a reuseable. I know the technology is there to make reuseables for sure. Honesty I think oil and filter are grossly over rated on how long they will make an engine last. Its all in the simple honest maintenance.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in