Transfer case drop - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
schultr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Transfer case drop

So i am looking at getting a 4" RC suspension lift for my 2003 TJ and using the transfer case drop kit that comes with it. but i was wondering when i put the kit in will my gear shift and 4wd shifter drop too?

This may be a newbie question but i was just wondering if there is a way to keep them at stock height or if the kit will come with it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-28-2010, 04:11 PM
AFjeepMan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

there is a very easy correction for the t-case shift linkage that is outlined in the instructions, and I am pretty sure that issues, if any, with the transmission shifter will be addressed by them as well...call Jeffery at RC and ask him quickly.

2005 Wrangler TJ, 3 1/4" RC lift, Cragar Soft 8's 32" BFG Mud Terrains, Smittybilt SRC D-Ring bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[_l_,[____],
l----L - OlllllllO-

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-29-2010, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
schultr1
2003 TJ Wrangler 

well i was wondering if i could do a MML and by pass doing the T-case drop and avoid and shifter issues at all or will that not work? I really don't want my shifter any closer to the floor

post #4 of 4 Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM
AFjeepMan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

well you will run into a little bit of the same issue when you put the bl of for the mml. unless you don't do a bl and just trim the fan shroud. it's really easy to adjust the t-case shift linkage, you just have to loosen the set screw and the handle link will just slide on the t-case link.

2005 Wrangler TJ, 3 1/4" RC lift, Cragar Soft 8's 32" BFG Mud Terrains, Smittybilt SRC D-Ring bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[_l_,[____],
l----L - OlllllllO-

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.

Tags
t-case drop , shifter , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in