Please help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Mudplez

I’m looking for a new Jeep and I have very basic mechanical skills so I’d really appreciate if you guys more experienced than me could help with this one. I saw this particular vehicle 2009 wrangler rubicon and even though it is hard to judge and analyze a photograph because car problems are quite specific, I took some pictures with the purpose of gathering information. It’d be nice to have the knowledge when I look at a visual issue so I can tell right away. The pics are from the vehicle I’m interested. Thanks a lot.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudplez View Post
Im looking for a new Jeep and I have very basic mechanical skills so Id really appreciate if you guys more experienced than me could help with this one. I saw this particular vehicle 2009 wrangler rubicon and even though it is hard to judge and analyze a photograph because car problems are quite specific, I took some pictures with the purpose of gathering information. Itd be nice to have the knowledge when I look at a visual issue so I can tell right away. The pics are from the vehicle Im interested. Thanks a lot.

HD Draglink, cross drilled rotors, both good upgrades

Looks like a poison spider HD diff cover

Another Poison Spider HD diff cover, HD steering linkage and JKS adjustable track bar

Inner 'C' gussets.

Looks like someone took some time doing the correct upgrades to handle larger tires and offroad travel. Nothing looks too banged up. Nothing in those pictures that would stop me from making a purchase if the rest of the Jeep is in good shape.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #3 of 5 Old 12-05-2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Mudplez

Thanks for the insights, it helps a lot bet adviced by somebody with lots of experience. Looking at these 2 tubes which I believe come from the radiator, one of them look wet so should I assume that there is a coolant leak? Same I see in one side of the HD Draglink looks like there is something wet whereas on the one from the other wheel is pretty clean. Near the engine filter there are some wet spots as well. Are these things to worry about?

Last edited by Mudplez; 12-05-2019 at 02:08 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Fourtrail
1974 CJ6 

I am guessing that it has an automatic tranny? Those look like the tranny cooler lines. I would try to get it replaced or at least knock some money off so you can have it replaced, but as long as it is just wet and isn't dripping fluid, it isn't an immediate item to replace. As for rod end on the HD Draglink, once the dust cover/boot comes loose, it is normal to look wet as the extra grease will seep out. Not a problem, you can replace the boot, but I wouldn't worry about it unless you plan to play in the mud a lot.

80 CJ-5, 74 CJ-6, 56 CJ-5
post #5 of 5 Old 12-05-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Mudplez

Yes, it is automatic transmission. Thanks again, man. Any thoughts on the pan/lid near the filter? Seems like there are oil stains

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in