P0837 AND P0306....Both? What gives? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 07-08-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Uber_RT

So in the 2002 WJ with the 4.0l straight six, while the wife was driving, she had the check engine light come on. P0306 was the code, so I figured what the hell, I’ll switch it with #3 and see if it’s the plug or the coil pack. So after switching, resetting, and checking the coil packs’ ohm ratings, taking it for a spin, the check engine light comes back on, and I feel it not running right. Then it got more fun and the check engine light started flashing on the way back, along with the Part time light going on and off randomly. Got home, checked the codes and now have P0303 and P0837. (Instant embarrassing facepalm)I never went anywhere near the undercarriage where that switch is at. Is that electric plug on the coil pack somehow related? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance if there is any advice out there!

PS Spark Plug 3 seems like the easy part. I don’t believe it is the fuel injectors or coil pack due to the and stethoscope and ohm rating test for each.

Last edited by Uber_RT; 07-08-2019 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in