oil preasure guage - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 80cj

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
cpjeep120

Garage
oil preasure guage

i have a 97 jeep cherokee country with a 4.0 inline 6 with alil over 235,000 original miles on the motor and i have been noticing the oil pressure would drop to 0 and when it goes up after driving it for a bit it will either be at 10 or 20 psi. i have replaced the valve cover gasket once and ive replaced the oil pressure sensor twice im on sensor three which is like a month old and its still doing it. when the gauge is at 0 nothing is happening to the motor it still drives fine. i dont know if this would effect it but the exhaust manifold is cracked at the collector which i plan on replacing soon once i order one. im gonna get a pressure gauge test kit and look up the pressure spec to see if the sensor is bad again or something.
if anyone has any other ideas that i can try that would be much appreciated

Jeep Learner Always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-10-2019, 02:07 PM
80cj
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

I'd put a known good mechanical gauge on it and see what the readings are. What grade oil are you running? With that many miles on the car, I would go up to a heavier grade.
jtec likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
cpjeep120

Garage
i mostly run 5w-30 or 10w-30 but i normally always use 5w-30 when i do an oil change.... what grade oil would u recommend if i was to use a high grade cause at the moment its my daily driver and when i get a different car imma do a rebuild on it is my trans or torque convert dont go out before i get the chance to do that

Jeep Learner Always

post #4 of 5 Old 10-18-2019, 03:41 PM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

X2 put a known good mechanical gauge on it and see what the readings are.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am betting your bearings are getting worn. I would test with a mechanical gauge with your normal oil. But you should probably switch to 20w50. Its thicker to help take up the most likely now out of tolerance bearings. It might buy you time until you can rebuild.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.

Tags
oil gauge , oil pressure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in