Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New to jeeps, need help

405 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  RichLongo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 1992 yj 2.5L and its my first jeep. i absolutely love the thing. its by far the most fun and enjoyable car ive ever owned. Anyway it was running great maybe a small diff leak in the rear and some suspension issues, until recently. Tuesday night i changed my gas tank as mine was next to toasted. i swaped everything over and had no leaks and it started and ran fine for about 4 hours of drive time, maybe 100 miles and then all of the sudden the engine would sputter as if it wasnt getting fuel.

I knew the fuel pump was about to go as it was starting to whine loudly the past few weeks and i should have changed it when i first changed the tank.

Long story short, i just this morning finished installing the new fuel sending unit in its entirety as well as the fuel filter on the rail. now it fires up almost instantly but it idles so low to the point it wants to stall out. it runs much better but i still notice less power in every gear again like its not getting fuel almost. i can drive it fine but sometimes when i stop it actually will stall out.

Pump works well. (good pressure)
No check engine light.
Temp plays no effect cold or hot still an issue.
Cleaned throttle body and sensor.
No noticeable vac leak.
Filters clean
plugs, dist/rotor are less than 3000 miles old.

I just want it to run like it did before i first dropped the tank. Any help would be great

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.