Help 2019 Jeep Cherokee engine problems - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2020, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Amoney479

Help 2019 Jeep Cherokee engine problems

I purchased a brand new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude plus with the 4 cylinder engine almost 2 years ago. In the almost 2 years of owning it the first year and a half was flawless the last few months have not been. Car currently has around 51k on it ( drive it for work) and here is the rundown of my situation. So it first started when I got a regular oil change and they made me aware of my oil being a bit low. They ran an oil consumption test but said it came back normal. They told me sometimes newer Jeeps chug oil a bit but they were going to monitor it next time I came in. Well I got about 3500 miles into that oil change and my car ended up stalling. Check the oil to see it is BONE DRY... I call the dealership and have them tow the car in since I don't want to drive it anymore. A day goes by and I call the next day and they tell me they did the oil change the day it got dropped off and in the next morning there wasn't any oil under the car so they said I was good. -_- A little frustrated to say the least because I felt they were brushing me away. They told me to come back in 1000 miles which was a few weeks ago and then ran another oil comsupmtpion test and it was down 1.5 quarts on 1000 miles. This is when they told me to get my engine replaced I needed a 3rd oil consumption test done after another 1000 miles. Well I am around 500 miles away from last test. Here comes the real question I need help with. What is the best move for me here? I owe 17k on the car 51k miles and they will most likely replace the engine unless there is something else we can work out? If engine does get replaced do I just chill and ride out the new engine warranty or try to trade the car in and dump it and run as fast as I can? Doing some research on the car it seems to have engine problems way more than 2018 and the 2020's. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-25-2020, 04:30 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Let them replace it. It's under warranty, it isn't going to cost you anything. What you do with it then is up to you. Some people lose trust in their vehicle, others are just happy to have it repaired. If you've lost trust in it, sell it once repaired.
Be aware, there won't be a "new engine warranty". When they replace an engine under the original factory warranty, it continues to be covered for the remainder the original factory warranty, even if there's only 1 mile left on that warranty.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 3 Old 05-26-2020, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Amoney479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruzin View Post
Let them replace it. It's under warranty, it isn't going to cost you anything. What you do with it then is up to you. Some people lose trust in their vehicle, others are just happy to have it repaired. If you've lost trust in it, sell it once repaired.
Be aware, there won't be a "new engine warranty". When they replace an engine under the original factory warranty, it continues to be covered for the remainder the original factory warranty, even if there's only 1 mile left on that warranty.
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in