87 comanche engine into 89 wrangler - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 08-09-2012, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
89wrnglr
1989 YJ Wrangler 

87 comanche engine into 89 wrangler

i am swapping the engine from an 89 comanche into my 89 wrangler. i bought the wrangler because the person before me that owned the car put in a set of fog lights and did not put in a fuse in the line and the vehicle had caught fire. i have an 87 comanche with a body beyond repair but with a rebuilt engine in it. i want to take the engine, wiring harness and ecu from the comanche into my wrangler. i wanted to know if any one knows if this will be a clean swap. they are both the 2.5L inline 4 cylinder stock engines. i have already pulled the engine from the wrangler and i will be painting the body next week. I'm looking for any tips or tricks you guys would have. any little thing would help. thanks.

Tags
comanche , engine , fire , swap , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in