2002 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 no start, spark no errors need help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
PMLockman
2002 WK 

2002 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0 no start, spark no errors need help

Last was working on forward transmission band, mis adjusted it and barely made it back to driveway, then upon restarting get multiple cylinder misfire errors, and P320 error. Replaced Crankshaft PS, Camshaft sensor, PCM, and Coil pack, and still no spark. Got fuel but no spark. Is there anything in the TCM that would cause a no spark situation?
Been down for over a week and the rental is killing me.. just short of towing it to a shop. Also need to find out what the device is under the rear passenger side seat that someone told me had to do with ignition but can't find anything online referencing that....Appreciate any input

Drlock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 01:22 PM
jtec
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Wow - A new PCM why?

1st how do you know you have no codes?
2nd How do you know you have fuel - what is PSI?

easy fast simple first
with KOEO Key On Eng Off
is there 12v at injectors?
Is there 12v at coil?

Next we will look at fuel BUT need above answered to go next step.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
PMLockman
2002 WK 

KOEO no voltage to injector(s) assumed there shouldn't be until they were fired.
Have Coil Pack.. unsure on which pin to check for any voltage. Coil pack primary resistance is fine.
Real pain to get the wire clip off when it's installed though..
Assumed I had fuel as the pump was on, could smell gas on the plugs when they were pulled.

Drlock

post #4 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
PMLockman
2002 WK 

Had no codes after I replaced the Crank and Cam position sensors. Verified by unplugging each to generate a code, then clearing and plugging back in. Suspected PCM so purchased a refurbished one from Solo electronics in Davie fl... questionable though.

Drlock
post #5 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
PMLockman
2002 WK 

Wanted to eliminate it as a possibility as I had erroneous errors previously... Plus initially before it failed had multiple misfire errors... had the fuel pump replaced less than 3 months ago and was running great until I attempted to adjust the bands on the tran.

Drlock
post #6 of 6 Old 04-01-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
PMLockman
2002 WK 

Long story short, initially replaced the crankshaft sensor because I had that issue with my old jeep and it fixed it.
after that, camshaft sensor, still no errors on the dash or on my laptop running TOAD application.
Then replaced coil pack.. no change so figured the PCM could be the culprit.. no change and still no codes unless I unplug one of the sensors.. smell gas when trying to start, so figure fuel but no spark

Drlock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in