03 Liberty power mystery - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 04-05-2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Rdub08
2003 KJ Liberty 

03 Liberty power mystery

Hello. I have a 03 Jeep Liberty 3.7 and about a month ago I got tranny codes, small evap code and p0306 misfire code. Then it went into limp mode. Took it to a transmission shop and they put a new tcm on. Went out of limp mode. Took it for a test drive and it wont kick and go uphill. I can push the pedal to the floor a it jerks, goes in and out of power unless i let off the pedal a little. Then it kind of has power. This happens when im at a stop sign on a flat road if I push the pedal to the floor to go fast from stop, or if i was to try to pass someone,it just doesnt want to go. In and out of power. Rpms go up to about 3 or 4. I can feel it shift each gear when im on a flat road, just not when going uphill or when i push the pedal down too far. Weird. So anyway, i went to install the new plug and pack, felt around and found cracks in both the passenger and driver side breather hoses. Replaced those and the plug and coil and same thing. The spuddering when i push the pedal too far. I am stumped. Did a seafoam treatment in gas and crankcase. Same thing. I had the furthest cat poked open to see if maybe it was clogged. No change. Exhaust place said to poke the 2 cats off the engine and see but havent done that yet. Got a throttle position sensor but cant get one of the screws out of the one thats on now. Ugh. Anyway, no check engine light or codes right now but still the spuddering, hesitation when i push the pedal too far. It just doesnt do that kick then go thing on straight roads or uphill. Any suggestions would be great. Getting really frustrated. Cant afford to put too much more money in a 03. Thanks

Tags
engine , liberty , transmission

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in