Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Please Help

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jeepmumfry 
#1 ·
Watsup guys the other day I hit a pole swerving away from an idiotic driver now my Jeep is messed up here's a list of what is wrong and maybe you guys can pin point what is wrong with it.

Hit left front side under the headlight minor damage on the outside upon further looking under the bumper were it hit it messed up some of the metal not the frame guessing the guard.
The car starts just fine but now when I turn the wheel it only turns a little bit to the left and turns all the way right wheels are straight steering wheel is completely the other way. Leaking MORE power steering fluid then before it also bent my rim. Now when I go to turn the car back and forth it makes a very unwanted noise not the power steering hum it's more of metal on metal sound. When I hit the pole it also threw my car into neutral from drive and stayed running. When I shake the side that got hit also makes a clunking sound from underneath the car doesn't seem to be any noticeable damage I'm gunna try to post some pics for you guys but any help I can get is greatly appreciated

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't tell where the p/s fluid leak is coming from by the pics. You'll just need to track it down visually. Check all the fluid levels before trying to drive it again. If all the p/s fluid has leaked out, it will make terrible noises. If it's empty, fill it to the proper level, start the Jeep and have someone steer it back and forth while you try to spot where it's leaking from.

But there are other issues too. In the second to last pic, you show the lower control arm. The bracket that attaches it to the frame is all kinds of bent up. And the front bushing on that arm looks like it's knocked out. This has got your alignment all out of whack, making your steering wheel off center.
At minimum, that control arm will need to be replaced and the bracket repaired. I'd also have a front end alignment done, there may be other stuff bent we can't see here.

#3 ·
The PS leak is coming from the PS hard line the black line that loops down and I forgot to mention that when it was hit it put itself into neutral from drive still starts up fine but like I said before when I turn the wheel a little left or right a small clunking noise comes about and when I sit in drive the front end shakes a little bit but then in neutral all gone and thanks for the help as well

#4 ·
That clucking is likely coming from that messed up control arm and bracket. I see metal to metal contact that should not be there.
The shaking could be related as well, but should be easily found when you get an alignment done if it doesn't go away with the control arm/bracket repair.
Start with the obvious stuff. That control arm issue is obvious.

Control arms are cheap and generally pretty easy. They're only 2 bolts.
Straightening out that bracket is going to be the harder part. A torch and hammer is going to be needed there.

#5 ·
At the front, that bushing is halfway pressed out and the arm is off-center, crooked and possibly touching the bracket on the axle.
At the rear, that bracket looks crushed into the arm. That's the one that will need some straightening.

Quadratec has the control arm on sale for a stock style replacement:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/56015_0015_07.htm

Attachments

#6 ·
That is defiently bad I'm uploading some more pics of both sides can't load videos I guess

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.