JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   "Why didn't you get a REAL Jeep?" (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/why-didnt-you-get-real-jeep-46987/)

Motorcharge 03-27-2009 12:42 AM

I always see people complaining about their XJs leaking. I've got and 88 and an 89 and neither leaks anywhere :confused:

Maryland95YJ 03-27-2009 12:46 AM

tell them to follow you on the trail in thier civics and corollas...I have a yj but want an xj also, we all know xj's are real jeeps too.

Hussler 03-27-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWalive (Post 6884679)
I donno about your XJ but mine leaks water =[

so I put a tent over it!

CHECK YOUR ROOF RACK BOLTS!

AustinTexasXJ 03-27-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussler737 (Post 6886337)
CHECK YOUR ROOF RACK BOLTS!

naw I think its coming through my firewall somewhere.

i donno after a heavy rain water collects on the passanger floor.

88XJSport 03-27-2009 08:21 PM

A real Jeep has the AMC logo on the keys, door jamb, emissions sticker, tire pressure sticker, heater hoses, brake rotors.......:D

JeepRide 03-27-2009 08:58 PM

:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon. :mad:

jeepguy03 03-27-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon.:mad:
yeah...yur absolutely right. I could help you and take it off your hands :thumbsup::laugh:

Hussler 03-27-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepRide (Post 6890599)
:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon. :mad:

jeepforum is for enthusiasts. i hope your not being sarcastic

JeepRide 03-28-2009 03:19 PM

:thumbsup:I'm just joking around I really like my xj I have replaced a lot of worn out parts with new stuff and some off road mods hopeing next week to install a lift and my new maxxis 31 inch tires.:2thumbsup:

muzzymadman 03-29-2009 12:20 AM

i love my cherokee

iv had several jeeps tj,cj5,cj7,gr cherokee,cherokee i like them all ,,,,,but i like my cherokee best

Mtb Jak 03-29-2009 12:26 AM

its a station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=wrangler

Mr_Clickerson 03-29-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtb Jak (Post 6898059)
its a station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=wrangler

Not me... When I think of Jeep, I think of the XJ and the older full size Jeeps, like the Wagoneer, Cherokee, and J-series pickups (Gladiator), etc. For some reason, CJ's and Wranglers of any class don't pop into my head at first.

ChewyXJ 03-29-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtb Jak (Post 6898059)
its a Jeep station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted Jeep station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=lifted station wagon

Fixed it for ya:thumbsup:

I prefer my station wagons because they are more practical, just as capable, and are more reasonably priced. I like all Jeeps, even the new ones.

For most of my life when I heard the word Jeep I thought of the old military models, not cj's, yj's, etc...

RavenCorax 03-29-2009 03:00 PM

were kinda tha bastard child that doesnt know who his daddy is. square headlights so everyone doesnt like us even the yj guys. front coils and rear leaves so were only half yj half tj. most of em have 4 doors. ( not mine :) ) and everyone rags on the 4 door jk's. yes they were offered in 2wd.... mine was originally before it got converted to 4x4 manual status. so is the jk the new cherokee? its got the motor no one likes (3.7) vs the old 2.8 chev. not a "real jeep" cause of the curved grill and curved winshield. hell id still wheel with one. look foward to seeing his first scratch and dent too break it in right

The time now is 05:57 AM.