JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   "Why didn't you get a REAL Jeep?" (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/why-didnt-you-get-real-jeep-46987/)

Swamp Boy 07-06-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balloo93
The day one of my boys says that, the sawzaw and grider are coming out!!!! :rofl:


Do it ... Do it..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Swamp Boy 07-06-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvisXJ
Okay okay..... so it's not a "Jeep" Jeep, but damnit.... it still is a Jeep, and many of us get offended when we get categorized as "just an SUV/Wagon", and when people say we're not driving a Jeep. Or, they'll have the balls to say that XJ's aren't very capable... stock or built. That just makes me laugh. I know I've surprised people with the capabilities of my light built Jeep XJ.



I dont mind mine being called an SUV.. Hell you can call it a station wagon if you want.. But it takes a hell of a Wrangler to follow my V8 powered monster station wagon/SUV..:rofl:

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340145-1/054b.jpg

Here is a Cursory poser flex picture just for the hell of it..

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340151-1/RTI-013.jpg

90lerado 07-06-2006 09:17 PM

its funny, we all spend the money to buy a jeep but by the time were done with it and have it to our liking the only thing still saying jeep is the title. this brings up a new question...when is a jeep not a jeep anymore? starts out with a small lift and ends with every body panel cut off, a v8 stuffed inside the tube chassy and chevy, ford and dodge axles, and suspension systems that nasa couldnt design.

tvisXJ 07-06-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp Boy
I dont mind mine being called an SUV.. Hell you can call it a station wagon if you want.. But it takes a hell of a Wrangler to follow my V8 powered monster station wagon/SUV..:rofl:

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340145-1/054b.jpg

Here is a Cursory poser flex picture just for the hell of it..

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340151-1/RTI-013.jpg

I was wondering who's that was. I've seen pics floating around. That thing is bad *** :D :drool:

XJ99 07-07-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90lerado
its funny, we all spend the money to buy a jeep but by the time were done with it and have it to our liking the only thing still saying jeep is the title. this brings up a new question...when is a jeep not a jeep anymore? starts out with a small lift and ends with every body panel cut off, a v8 stuffed inside the tube chassy and chevy, ford and dodge axles, and suspension systems that nasa couldnt design.



We're good like that! Kinda like the Harley guy's, our Jeep's are "custom built" ;)

Mine's still mostly Jeep except for the OME suspension... hehe



RTI score 594 on a 30* ramp. :D



http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s/DSCF6969.jpg

nitrocarmsn 07-07-2006 09:00 AM

tell them my XJ pulled a "jeep jeep" out of a mud hole that me and my buddies MJ went throgh without a problem, and when i pulled him out, didnt seem like he was even behind me, couldnt have been that suck....

Akumachan 07-08-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee99spt
I almost killed someone at work today. Person A asks me what type of car I have and Person B chimes in by saying one of those little 4 cylinder Cherokees. I subsequently flip out and explain what an I-L 6 cyl is and how it would own his little maxima. 4 CYLINDER?? OMG

BTW this othe rkid at work has a grand cherokee and we both always park in this big muddy mess at work. Its awesome!

Hmm... I own an xj and a maxima and I must say, the maxima is WAY faster, but ohwell, obviously the xj does much better off the road but the maxima is a dream on the road. Maximas from 1989 to 2001 have a nice 3.0L v6 in em. I have the second to last evolution of the v6 making 190hp and 205tq. Just thought I'd share since this thread is all about automotive acceptance.

Hussler 03-25-2009 05:18 PM

if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass

Lew360 03-25-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussler737 (Post 6874731)
if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass

Have fun with that and thanks for bring this back from the dead. :thumbdown:

timmyt 03-25-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussler737 (Post 6874731)
if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass

i'd wave .

That1guy 03-25-2009 06:07 PM

holy dead thread. 2003? wow

Hussler 03-25-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyt (Post 6874957)
i'd wave .

you would make my day if you did! my jeeps been lifted for 2 years (making it more noticeable) and i always try to wave to wrangler people. not ONCE have i been waved to. must be a NY problem.

blackblazer92 03-25-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussler737 (Post 6874731)
if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass

someones not feeling the love lol

AustinTexasXJ 03-25-2009 08:37 PM

so yea I had that conversation with my buddy who has a "jeep jeep"
we went mudding two days later and guess who got stuck.

NOT ME!!!

haha XJ FTW

Barnfind 03-25-2009 08:41 PM

maybe its the aproach of the wave.
I have me a stock xj and I get waved at
FIrst wave was some kid on a bike, I thought he was flashing me gang singals, i speed away confused
Next was some guy behind me in a pick up flashing and waving at me
I thought it was a crazy jeep thing but it wasn't my rear tire was flat, I didn't notice anything.

I do wave at hot chicks they usually turn there nose at me but sometimes they wave back.

AustinTexasXJ 03-25-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnfind (Post 6876091)
maybe its the aproach of the wave.
I have me a stock xj and I get waved at
FIrst wave was some kid on a bike, I thought he was flashing me gang singals, i speed away confused
Next was some guy behind me in a pick up flashing and waving at me
I thought it was a crazy jeep thing but it wasn't my rear tire was flat, I didn't notice anything.

I do wave at hot chicks they usually turn there nose at me but sometimes they wave back.


haha yea hard to notice a flat tire when everything else vibes and shakes two..

blacky_j 03-25-2009 08:46 PM

damn this thread is 6 years old

Hussler 03-25-2009 09:29 PM

im so glad i resurrected this thread

AustinTexasXJ 03-25-2009 10:01 PM

haha what was it like the last thread on the very last page??

89SAFARIXJ 03-25-2009 10:31 PM

this is funny. if you think about it. cherokees are better than wranglers in some ways. like my buddy jsut got a YJ. its sprung under (LAME). its completely open (LAME). we run the same tire size and guess what, my LSD rear and spring axle get the job done. but, i am slightly jealous of the so called "REAL Jeep". id like to have a wrangler so i can take my top off ;-). but o well, i have a beasty cherokee instead.

i have also had the "that is not a real jeep" conversation. that just blows my mind. then i take em on a trail, and they crap their pants. haha. Cherokees are as much of a Jeep as wranglers are. u just cant take the top off.

-Sean

Rollin 03-25-2009 11:04 PM

I enjoy my station wagon. I do miss my TJ but my XJ on 31s goes everywhere my TJ did on 33s. Sometimes it just takes a little more embracing of the skinny pedal to get there :thumbsup:

Hussler 03-26-2009 04:07 PM

i had a hard core friend that did alot of drugs and alot of reckless things. Wasn't so fearless when i was climbing a SUPER steep hill, he got out and walked up it, along with my other 3 friends that were riding with me. didn't want to roll over i guess. i drove up that hill laughing the whole way.....

93gc40 03-26-2009 06:29 PM

I Do have a real JEEP, says so on the hood.

I just wanted a JEEP that I could here the radio in, actually have cooling from the AC (100+ in summer) and heat in the winter, camp in rain without a tent, carry luggage and passengers, or even passengers and anything else, ect, ect...

AustinTexasXJ 03-26-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gc40 (Post 6882643)
I Do have a real JEEP, says so on the hood.

I just wanted a JEEP that I could here the radio in, actually have cooling from the AC (100+ in summer) and heat in the winter, camp in rain without a tent, carry luggage and passengers, or even passengers and anything else, ect, ect...

I donno about your XJ but mine leaks water =[

so I put a tent over it!

atv_fanatic 03-27-2009 12:01 AM

haha mine too... it leaks aruond to window seals :thumbdown:

Motorcharge 03-27-2009 12:42 AM

I always see people complaining about their XJs leaking. I've got and 88 and an 89 and neither leaks anywhere :confused:

Maryland95YJ 03-27-2009 12:46 AM

tell them to follow you on the trail in thier civics and corollas...I have a yj but want an xj also, we all know xj's are real jeeps too.

Hussler 03-27-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWalive (Post 6884679)
I donno about your XJ but mine leaks water =[

so I put a tent over it!

CHECK YOUR ROOF RACK BOLTS!

AustinTexasXJ 03-27-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hussler737 (Post 6886337)
CHECK YOUR ROOF RACK BOLTS!

naw I think its coming through my firewall somewhere.


i donno after a heavy rain water collects on the passanger floor.

88XJSport 03-27-2009 08:21 PM

A real Jeep has the AMC logo on the keys, door jamb, emissions sticker, tire pressure sticker, heater hoses, brake rotors.......:D

JeepRide 03-27-2009 08:58 PM

:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon. :mad:

jeepguy03 03-27-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon.:mad:
yeah...yur absolutely right. I could help you and take it off your hands :thumbsup::laugh:

Hussler 03-27-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepRide (Post 6890599)
:thumbdown:When somebody tells me they have a jeep I think top off doors off not a station wagon jeep thing but real jeeps are twice the price of one of these station wagon jeeps that is why I am stuck with grammaw's old station wagon. :mad:

jeepforum is for enthusiasts. i hope your not being sarcastic

JeepRide 03-28-2009 03:19 PM

:thumbsup:I'm just joking around I really like my xj I have replaced a lot of worn out parts with new stuff and some off road mods hopeing next week to install a lift and my new maxxis 31 inch tires.:2thumbsup:

muzzymadman 03-29-2009 12:20 AM

i love my cherokee
 
iv had several jeeps tj,cj5,cj7,gr cherokee,cherokee i like them all ,,,,,but i like my cherokee best

Mtb Jak 03-29-2009 12:26 AM

its a station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=wrangler

Mr_Clickerson 03-29-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtb Jak (Post 6898059)
its a station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=wrangler

Not me... When I think of Jeep, I think of the XJ and the older full size Jeeps, like the Wagoneer, Cherokee, and J-series pickups (Gladiator), etc. For some reason, CJ's and Wranglers of any class don't pop into my head at first.

ChewyXJ 03-29-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtb Jak (Post 6898059)
its a Jeep station wagon...

unless modified its a lifted Jeep station wagon!

Its more jeep then the new things, but you have to admit when you think jeep=lifted station wagon

Fixed it for ya:thumbsup:

I prefer my station wagons because they are more practical, just as capable, and are more reasonably priced. I like all Jeeps, even the new ones.

For most of my life when I heard the word Jeep I thought of the old military models, not cj's, yj's, etc...

RavenCorax 03-29-2009 03:00 PM

were kinda tha bastard child that doesnt know who his daddy is. square headlights so everyone doesnt like us even the yj guys. front coils and rear leaves so were only half yj half tj. most of em have 4 doors. ( not mine :) ) and everyone rags on the 4 door jk's. yes they were offered in 2wd.... mine was originally before it got converted to 4x4 manual status. so is the jk the new cherokee? its got the motor no one likes (3.7) vs the old 2.8 chev. not a "real jeep" cause of the curved grill and curved winshield. hell id still wheel with one. look foward to seeing his first scratch and dent too break it in right


The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.