JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   "Why didn't you get a REAL Jeep?" (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/why-didnt-you-get-real-jeep-46987/)

b(k)ill94xj 08-08-2003 10:39 PM

hey maybe while stars and stripes was complaining about XJ's not being real jeeps he realized his "V6" Yj wasnt jeepy enough for him so he bought a honda civic (just so that anyone decides that im bashing honda civics im not so dont even start that fight) .... all i can say to him is to get a life really, everyone has there on opinion, yes somtimes cj/yj/tj 's are better then XJ and somtimes Xj are better what it all comes down to is what osin54 said over in the Yj forum thread about this, the name thats written on the front... JEEP

RUparrothead 08-08-2003 11:29 PM

i've had people ask me why i didnt buy a real jeep. i just simply tell them to go for a little ride through the woods with me. when its all said and done....they know the stock xj is a real jeep.

rick

Ckwake135 08-09-2003 12:27 AM

Not to long ago i pulled over to the side of the road and was lookin at this Yota for sale, it has 33s and looked like something you would wheel. Theres this lady thats probably in her 50s that shows up and shes lookin at it and called the phone number and wanted to test drive it so i ask her "are you going to wheel it?" and she says oh my husband will. I said oh thats cool i like to 4wheel, she says oh what do you drive. I said a Jeep, she says a "JEEP JEEP" and i said yeah its a "JEEP JEEP" it says jeep on the front and back of it and I pointed at my XJ proudly and she looks at me and goes "oh, thats not what i meant." I just laughed and walked off.

wndrlst 08-10-2003 10:17 PM

Hey s&s, since you can judge a Jeep by it's appearance then I've got a few Jeeps for you. When's the last time you saw a DJ or Surry on the trail? They both have a "traditional" Jeep appearance. If you were a real "Jeeper" you would know that both of those Jeep models were produced as 2WD vehicles.
S&S, I'd really like the chance to wheel with and show you what a "real" Jeep can do. And hey I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from using such language (Dodo) after all my children read here with me occasionally.
You know that when the YJ was introduced all those CJ owners scoffed and called it a "Yuppy Jeep". Well with the proper mods it can wheel with any other Jeep, even my Ford Dodo. Just goes to show ya that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

JimmyC 08-11-2003 03:49 AM

I have to agree with S&S here, you XJ owners are bashing the KJ, but in my opinion the XJ is as much a 'soccer mum, grocery getter' as the KJ is.

It is quite annoying when you guys block the trails with those station wagons and ruin the fun for us, please stay on the road or dirt tracks where the XJ is designed for and let the real stuff to us.

If you are wondering, it is a modified 1942 Willy's.

Please don't take it personal.
It is a Jeep thing.

XJ99 08-11-2003 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyC
I have to agree with S&S here, you XJ owners are bashing the KJ, but in my opinion the XJ is as much a 'soccer mum, grocery getter' as the KJ is.

It is quite annoying when you guys block the trails with those station wagons and ruin the fun for us, please stay on the road or dirt tracks where the XJ is designed for and let the real stuff to us.

It is a Jeep thing.

Here is a link to the road test on the KJ:

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/J...erty/Index.htm

Comparable models in this class: Chevrolet Tracker, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester, Nissan Xterra, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, Kia Sportage ...

BTW, I never bashed the KJ. I just didn't want a cute ute. To each his own.

RedJeepXJ 08-11-2003 09:35 AM

Quote:

It is a Jeep thing.

the xj is used a lot by soccer moms but it is less then the kj, since the kj is now the "in" jeep with that crowd

as for blocking the trails, how many have you seen blocking the trails?? (non forest service jeep cherokees)

as for the kj vs. xj we've gone over this before the IFS (KJ) is designed for onroad and dirt roads, where as the solid axle is designed for real trails

at least know your stuff before posting, it is your first post so I'm wondering if you are S&S and just got a new S/N

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com 08-11-2003 09:41 AM

Quote:

It is a Jeep thing.

Great first post... :rolleyes: With any luck, it'll be your last that anyone on here will have to read...

Oh, and the last time I "blocked" a trail was when I was waiting for a CJ to get winched up a hill because his carb couldn't handle the incline. :rolleyes:

BrianXJ 08-11-2003 09:44 AM

I wish people would think before they start talking out of their behinds.

basalt51 08-11-2003 10:01 AM

Welcome S&S, I mean Jimmy. How's that 4.2L V6 working out in your Willy's?

And call my XJ a wagon all you want. That's what the DMV calls it. There's been plenty-o-badass wagons and the XJ is one of them. And the only time I've blocked the trail is when I was pulling a TJ out of the way.

EricsXJ 08-11-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

I have to agree with S&S here, you XJ owners are bashing the KJ...

Go back and read. This is not a KJ bashing thread, nor is it a thread tha bashes other types of jeeps (until S&S butted in with his drivel, and now you...) This thread is about NON-jeep owners not having a clue about what qualifies as a "JEEP". :rolleyes:

BrianXJ 08-11-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricsXJ
Go back and read. This is not a KJ bashing thread, nor is it a thread tha bashes other types of jeeps (until S&S butted in with his drivel, and now you...) This thread is about NON-jeep owners not having a clue about what qualifies as a "JEEP". :rolleyes:

Well, I'm sure glad that someone takes time and actually reads all of the posts. Maybe thats an XJ wheeler thing?

90lerado 08-11-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

It is a Jeep thing.

the truth? yes an XJ is a station wagon, but that goes with anything that has 4 doors and a cargo area, if a wrangler had 4 doors it to would be a station wagon, now if you can find me another station wagon that can go through what the xj can id be very happy to see it, now in the meantime a willys technically wouldnt be a real jeep as the company jeep wasnt started when willys came out :D so now who has the real jeep the one that says willys on it or the one that says jeep cherokee

haha i love loop holes!

Junk101 07-04-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wndrlst
Hey s&s, since you can judge a Jeep by it's appearance then I've got a few Jeeps for you. When's the last time you saw a DJ or Surry on the trail? They both have a "traditional" Jeep appearance. If you were a real "Jeeper" you would know that both of those Jeep models were produced as 2WD vehicles.
S&S, I'd really like the chance to wheel with and show you what a "real" Jeep can do. And hey I'd appreciate it if you would refrain from using such language (Dodo) after all my children read here with me occasionally.
You know that when the YJ was introduced all those CJ owners scoffed and called it a "Yuppy Jeep". Well with the proper mods it can wheel with any other Jeep, even my Ford Dodo. Just goes to show ya that you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Just to let you know, a Dodo was a non flying bird which is extinct since the 1700's, what you are thinking of is in your wife's dresser.:wave:

Bgeddes 07-04-2006 09:28 AM

Well I have either 4 Jeeps or one depending on your opinion. I own a '44 MB, '88 YJ, '00 XJ, '05 KJ. I don't wheel anything but the YJ. I absolutley love the XJ, the wife drives the KJ (about 500 miles per tank in town). Soooo, either you say they quit making real jeeps in '44 and the rest are civilian copies, or the are all real jeeps.

On a side note for Star&Stripes and JimmyC, perhaps you should have more than 3 posts before you go bad mouthing other folks' rigs.

The time now is 05:00 AM.