"Why didn't you get a REAL Jeep?" - Page 6 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 05:05 AM
saxj

You think XJ guys are touchy, try telling a Suzuki owner that he drives a Jeep!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 05:50 AM
tvisXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Okay okay..... so it's not a "Jeep" Jeep, but damnit.... it still is a Jeep, and many of us get offended when we get categorized as "just an SUV/Wagon", and when people say we're not driving a Jeep. Or, they'll have the balls to say that XJ's aren't very capable... stock or built. That just makes me laugh. I know I've surprised people with the capabilities of my light built Jeep XJ.

Recently purchased bone stock silverstone '01 XJ 4.0 4x4. Overland project to come.....
post #78 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Buntaluffigus

I drive a lifted station wagon.

Feel the love.

post #79 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Xj'sR'Creamy

I....just....don't....care....
post #80 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 AM
y-townxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xj'sR'Creamy
I....just....don't....care....
same here, I am changeing all of the emblems on my xj to land cruizer ones because, if you dont no jeeps you cant tell what it is, and also to get guys pissed that are way to concerned about there rig being a jeep. ''As long as you can have fun in it who guys a F''
post #81 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Swamp Boy

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloo93
The day one of my boys says that, the sawzaw and grider are coming out!!!!

Do it ... Do it.....

Just another soccer moms Grocery getter....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #82 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Swamp Boy

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvisXJ
Okay okay..... so it's not a "Jeep" Jeep, but damnit.... it still is a Jeep, and many of us get offended when we get categorized as "just an SUV/Wagon", and when people say we're not driving a Jeep. Or, they'll have the balls to say that XJ's aren't very capable... stock or built. That just makes me laugh. I know I've surprised people with the capabilities of my light built Jeep XJ.

I dont mind mine being called an SUV.. Hell you can call it a station wagon if you want.. But it takes a hell of a Wrangler to follow my V8 powered monster station wagon/SUV..

Here is a Cursory poser flex picture just for the hell of it..

Just another soccer moms Grocery getter....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #83 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 08:17 PM
90lerado

its funny, we all spend the money to buy a jeep but by the time were done with it and have it to our liking the only thing still saying jeep is the title. this brings up a new question...when is a jeep not a jeep anymore? starts out with a small lift and ends with every body panel cut off, a v8 stuffed inside the tube chassy and chevy, ford and dodge axles, and suspension systems that nasa couldnt design.

"Few men are killed by the bayonet, many are scared by it. Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts"
- General George Patton Jr, "War as I knew it" 1947

Wife's/my vehicle: 06 Pontiac vibe awd
Hopefully a jeep sometime in the future
post #84 of 119 Old 07-06-2006, 08:20 PM
tvisXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Boy
I dont mind mine being called an SUV.. Hell you can call it a station wagon if you want.. But it takes a hell of a Wrangler to follow my V8 powered monster station wagon/SUV..

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340145-1/054b.jpg

Here is a Cursory poser flex picture just for the hell of it..

http://images.igloos.ca/d/340151-1/RTI-013.jpg
I was wondering who's that was. I've seen pics floating around. That thing is bad ***

Recently purchased bone stock silverstone '01 XJ 4.0 4x4. Overland project to come.....
post #85 of 119 Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 AM
XJ99

2019 KL Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lerado
its funny, we all spend the money to buy a jeep but by the time were done with it and have it to our liking the only thing still saying jeep is the title. this brings up a new question...when is a jeep not a jeep anymore? starts out with a small lift and ends with every body panel cut off, a v8 stuffed inside the tube chassy and chevy, ford and dodge axles, and suspension systems that nasa couldnt design.

We're good like that! Kinda like the Harley guy's, our Jeep's are "custom built"

Mine's still mostly Jeep except for the OME suspension... hehe

RTI score 594 on a 30* ramp.

When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.
post #86 of 119 Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM
nitrocarmsn

tell them my XJ pulled a "jeep jeep" out of a mud hole that me and my buddies MJ went throgh without a problem, and when i pulled him out, didnt seem like he was even behind me, couldnt have been that suck....
post #87 of 119 Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Akumachan

1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee99spt
I almost killed someone at work today. Person A asks me what type of car I have and Person B chimes in by saying one of those little 4 cylinder Cherokees. I subsequently flip out and explain what an I-L 6 cyl is and how it would own his little maxima. 4 CYLINDER?? OMG

BTW this othe rkid at work has a grand cherokee and we both always park in this big muddy mess at work. Its awesome!
Hmm... I own an xj and a maxima and I must say, the maxima is WAY faster, but ohwell, obviously the xj does much better off the road but the maxima is a dream on the road. Maximas from 1989 to 2001 have a nice 3.0L v6 in em. I have the second to last evolution of the v6 making 190hp and 205tq. Just thought I'd share since this thread is all about automotive acceptance.

1989 XJ Sport
Stockish
post #88 of 119 Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Hussler

1992 XJ Cherokee 

if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sometimes a restoration project is a labor of love, at which point cost, time, and labor involved become irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
post #89 of 119 Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Lew360
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
if one more wrangler person doesn't wave to me when i wave to them i'm going to ram my jeep into theirs full speed and kill us both. i'm so tired of this ignorance, its a wrangler with cargo space and windows that are made out of glass
Have fun with that and thanks for bring this back from the dead.
post #90 of 119 Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM
timmyt

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
i'd wave .

2006 LJ Rubicon. 2.5"RC BB/BL kit. 285/75/16 BFG KM2's on Moabs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in