What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 995 - JeepForum.com
 758Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #14911 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Apostle

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_army View Post
the rustolium sprays really good but for $8 a can it better lol. Im not really a fan either, but its a temporary fix to the purple I had. More then likely gona paint over part of it with a color now that it has something good to stick to.

They are ebay projectors. Not really bright at all with the bulbs that were sent with them but I think with some silverstars, itll be better.
only thing with it, heard dirt sticks to it in the crevices. would leave it as is though. like the hood too

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14912 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 07:38 PM
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj_army View Post
the rustolium sprays really good but for $8 a can it better lol. Im not really a fan either, but its a temporary fix to the purple I had. More then likely gona paint over part of it with a color now that it has something good to stick to.

They are ebay projectors. Not really bright at all with the bulbs that were sent with them but I think with some silverstars, itll be better.
silver stars get a lot of press and when you put them in they are good and all but they wear out really fast. from my understanding they use a coating to give the color and then have to burn them hotter to make up the light out put thus making them wear out. i wasnt too happy with mine after about a year and a half of light use ( 5-6k mostly highways, i drive with my lights on all the time ). i went with the autopal ecode housings and eautoworks harness and the low beams are a lot better than the silver stars were, the high beam pattern isnt as good as i would want but its an excuse to get some extra driving lights to fill out some

-matt
post #14913 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
xj_army
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
only thing with it, heard dirt sticks to it in the crevices. would leave it as is though. like the hood too
havent ever had that problem, and ive had half of the xj done with the rustolium for almost 6 months

post #14914 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 PM
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

HISWhite 99 XJ Sport
5" RC/ProComp lift, Serious long arms, 33" Cooper STTs, Soft 8s, 4.56s, Aussie locked D30, LSD 8.25,discos, armoured blah blah blah, HP44/9" coming soon
HERSBlack 08 JK Unlimited X, Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, Rubi coils 35" TSRs and 5.13s
post #14915 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:07 PM
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Jay, those are sweet recovery points
-matt
post #14916 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:11 PM
7urtle

2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Jay View Post
nice. what is this?

@ xjarmy: nice. where you get the hood. i just looked at snow on it

hit it with a hammer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-1UMF a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor
post #14917 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
xj_army
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7urtle View Post
nice. what is this?

@ xjarmy: nice. where you get the hood. i just looked at snow on it

Ebay It was about $400 and I broke it 5 minutes after it was on. Looking for a stock hood to replace it.

post #14918 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Kettles
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Only one little pass? I would definitly run atleast 2 more on top.. Maybe I just like to over build things?
And why did you weld (a little) the stiffener to the unibody?
Other than that, its a super clean install! Looks really good!

And I envy your tool box, especially if its full of snap on tools!

_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
post #14919 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 PM
D2b4ker1

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Woke up and drove to work. After leaving work I drove to the DMV to get my new license. As a great 21st birthday present to me the XJ decided to destroyed itself on the way home, the transmission self destructed.
post #14920 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

washed it

Waggy 44s, chromo shafts, 4.88s, spools, mid arm 3 link, 35" kevlars

2012 Cherokee of the Year
post #14921 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7urtle View Post
nice. what is this?
its a front and rear factory sway bar link welded together with a 4" long 1/8" walled steel tube. the top part of the link is actually the bottom part of the front link, the bottom is the bottom part of the rear link, and the "U" bracket and hardware that attaches to the sway bar was the rear sway bar link bracket from the leaf spring. it costed me $2 to make

HISWhite 99 XJ Sport
5" RC/ProComp lift, Serious long arms, 33" Cooper STTs, Soft 8s, 4.56s, Aussie locked D30, LSD 8.25,discos, armoured blah blah blah, HP44/9" coming soon
HERSBlack 08 JK Unlimited X, Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, Rubi coils 35" TSRs and 5.13s
post #14922 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 PM
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Only one little pass? I would definitly run atleast 2 more on top.. Maybe I just like to over build things?
And why did you weld (a little) the stiffener to the unibody?
Other than that, its a super clean install! Looks really good!

And I envy your tool box, especially if its full of snap on tools!
pressed for time today, this is the driver side, the passanger side got much wider weld. its also plug welded on the side that faces the frame. i will run another weld once i tie it all in together with a 2X3. as for the tool box, thats my co-workers box, mine is newer snap on box. i have a mix bag of tools, but snap on and mac to dwell within my box. PS im a journeymen auto tech.

HISWhite 99 XJ Sport
post #14923 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Kettles
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
pressed for time today, this is the driver side, the passanger side got much wider weld. its also plug welded on the side that faces the frame. i will run another weld once i tie it all in together with a 2X3. as for the tool box, thats my co-workers box, mine is newer snap on box. i have a mix bag of tools, but snap on and mac to dwell within my box. PS im a journeymen auto tech.
Your plan sounds fine to me. From that angle it just looks alittle wimpy, mainly because the tab is so thick. A tube between the two would do a whole lot by itself.

I just wish I could afford a bunch of tools, lol. I have one snap on tool, an 8" ratchet. It was/is my dads, and I dont even think he knows what it is, lol. I love that ratchet, but I wouldn't have payed retail for it, lol.

My friend has a big set of craftsman tools he has been keeping in my garage ($400 for a set+box.. effectively brand new tools, and quite complete), because he is out of town till august, and doesn't have anywhere else to put them (even when he gets back) so I consider myself relatively lucky!

_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output

"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
post #14924 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Hussler

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2b4ker1 View Post
Woke up and drove to work. After leaving work I drove to the DMV to get my new license. As a great 21st birthday present to me the XJ decided to destroyed itself on the way home, the transmission self destructed.
It knew what you were up to and it didn't want you to go drinking and driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Sometimes a restoration project is a labor of love, at which point cost, time, and labor involved become irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
post #14925 of 91572 Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
XJ Jay
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Your plan sounds fine to me. From that angle it just looks alittle wimpy, mainly because the tab is so thick. A tube between the two would do a whole lot by itself.

I just wish I could afford a bunch of tools, lol. I have one snap on tool, an 8" ratchet. It was/is my dads, and I dont even think he knows what it is, lol. I love that ratchet, but I wouldn't have payed retail for it, lol.

My friend has a big set of craftsman tools he has been keeping in my garage ($400 for a set+box.. effectively brand new tools, and quite complete), because he is out of town till august, and doesn't have anywhere else to put them (even when he gets back) so I consider myself relatively lucky!

i bough a snap on 3/8" ratchet a year ago, it was $120! once again, i make my living with these tool so, it literally pays for me to have the best. most of my sockets and combo wrenches are craftsmen, but alot of my specialty tool are snap on and mac. i buy these tool one at a time over 9 years of servicing autos, so it makes it easy to "afford" them.

HISWhite 99 XJ Sport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in