What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 617 - JeepForum.com
 777Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9241 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:16 PM
justanotherjpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleyrz View Post
I know what you mean about the e-fan. I actually have a small universal flex-a-lite fan in place of the mechanical one, but the catch is that is how it was when I bought it. My best guess is that something happened to the mechanical fan, i guess it broke. There is a corner broken off the stock e-fan shroud, and my power steering pump pulley is dented along the rim. The POS previous owners just took out the shroud of the m-fan, attached the small 10" flex-a-light straight to the radiator fins, spliced it into the stock e-fan harness, and left the m-fan pulley on there. So both my fans turn on at the same time at...what is it....215*? I like the fact that it warms up quicker now that its cold out (especially since I actually put in a t-stat last weekend....found there wasn't one in there to begin with $^&*) But i'd like to make the "aftermarket" e-fan more factory looking. Plus without a shroud around it, and the small diameter, it might as well not be there. I think I'll just pull a stock shroud and retrofit a universal e-fan into it.

And about the relays: I honestly have no idea. I can't recall any universal relays in the electrical isle, and any relays we would have in the back we'd have to look up by application, and unless you know what ap to find a 60A relay under......i wouldn't know where to begin, lol. Fuses on the other hand, are plentiful....but when it comes to electrical, i get all nervous and confused . I'll have to meet up with you and grab that belt from ya! What do you wanna do about that?
You can get a stock fan shroud and mate your universal flex a lite fan to it and it will look better. I'll show you how I cut the bracket so you can cut yours the same. The universal fan you have in there now should be on its own circuit, preferably with a relay - you can then set it up to turn on automatically with the aux fan (at 212ish) and or switched.

Edit: And try www.radiators.com. They work with local radiator suppliers to give you really good deals. They were going to sell me a 3 core metal tank unit for around $150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
So do you actually hear your thoughts in your head or is it just sort of a dull roar before you smash your face into your keyboard and just submit whatever dumb **** ended up on the page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9242 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:17 PM
dudeinajp

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gave it a lookover and got really upset. I have an intermittent squeaking pulley depending on temperature so I opened the hood to take a look while it was running only to discover my radiator is leaking out the bottom passenger corner. Plus my belt is completely worn to the steel cabling on the inside edge and a groove cut along the top on that edge. The belt $ is fine, I can shell out the $15 for that, the pulley I can deal with squeaking, but I don't have money for a radiator. Plus I don't want to replace it with a plastic one, so now I REALLY don't have money for a new radiator. Hmph I say!!!!!! Anyone know of some good metal radiators for less that $200 I can start saving for? How are the radiatorbarn.com ones?
Radiators, automotive radiators, condenser, oem radiators, truck radiators

I had a 3 row in my last XJ with no issues. I highly recommend.
post #9243 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rhinolined the inside of the Jeep and installed a new CD player. Next up is removing the side trim and body cladding.

post #9244 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
I have two belts that will fit your XJ - One is gatorback, one is a standard ribbed. I did the Taurus fan swap today and my old belts are useless.

I'll take the gatorback if it's up for grabs. PM me how much to 28348.... shoot I'd take both if you want to send them my way and no one else wants to buy them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9245 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceitedjake View Post
Rhinolined the inside of the Jeep and installed a new CD player. Next up is removing the side trim and body cladding.
PICS....PICS....PICS!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9246 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Haleyrz

1998 ZJ 

I'd probably have it on a switch so I could have it running when i'm wheeling, or driving in the hot summer. I'd like to see what you think about a mysterious wire going from my fuel pump relay into a 10A fuse inside the fuse panel, and then disapeering. I dont know WTF the previous owners were thinking, but im pretty sure it was a hand me down vehicle to some punk *** kid.

1998 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 2WD, it's boring
post #9247 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
justanotherjpr

Quote:
I'd probably have it on a switch so I could have it running when i'm wheeling, or driving in the hot summer. I'd like to see what you think about a mysterious wire going from my fuel pump relay into a 10A fuse inside the fuse panel, and then disapeering. I dont know WTF the previous owners were thinking, but im pretty sure it was a hand me down vehicle to some punk *** kid.
Wow, sounds like a real rats nest. If I were you, I would re-wire the fans like so:

12V on a 30A fuse going to a relay. That relay is switched in the dash. When on, it provides power to your Aux fan. Your aux fan is still switched by the ECU. You will also be able to turn it on any time, even when the Jeep is off.

Tap into the relay's wire pushing power to the aux fan. Run that into the dash and put it to the power in on your switch controlling a relay for the other fan.

Now when the aux fan is on from the ECU or your switch, the other fan will be on as well. You can turn on both fans or just the aux fan when the Jeep is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
So do you actually hear your thoughts in your head or is it just sort of a dull roar before you smash your face into your keyboard and just submit whatever dumb **** ended up on the page?
post #9248 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Haleyrz

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherjpr View Post
Wow, sounds like a real rats nest. If I were you, I would re-wire the fans like so:

12V on a 30A fuse going to a relay. That relay is switched in the dash. When on, it provides power to your Aux fan. Your aux fan is still switched by the ECU. You will also be able to turn it on any time, even when the Jeep is off.

Tap into the relay's wire pushing power to the aux fan. Run that into the dash and put it to the power in on your switch controlling a relay for the other fan.

Now when the aux fan is on from the ECU or your switch, the other fan will be on as well. You can turn on both fans or just the aux fan when the Jeep is off.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! When should I pick up that belt from ya?

post #9249 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
LobstahJeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

This weekend I put the Hadley air horn setup under the hood of the XJ. Tomorrow I will wire it all up, but I need some switches for the dash, any ideas?

1981 CJ7
2001 XJ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #9250 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
csouers

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Checked the tire pressure.

Saw a 97+ Silver Classic or Limited with Icon Wheels on CSI: Vegas. The girl driving was trying to beat a train. Needless to say, part of the door handle was on the train. Saw the button hanging off the front of it. Odd thing is, the engine sounded like a 4.0, even with the little you could hear of it. It had that signature grunt to it.

1998 Bright Platinum ZJ 5.9 Limited - 5.9l, 46RE, NV-242, D30/44a (Trac-Loc) w/3.73s -

1999 White XJ Sport - 4.0l, AW4, NP-231, D30/8.25 w/3.55s -

post #9251 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Haleyrz

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmsdude View Post
Checked the tire pressure.

Saw a 97+ Silver Classic or Limited with Icon Wheels on CSI: Vegas. The girl driving was trying to beat a train. Needless to say, part of the door handle was on the train. Saw the button hanging off the front of it. Odd thing is, the engine sounded like a 4.0, even with the little you could hear of it. It had that signature grunt to it.
I saw that too! I got real upset when it got hit by the train!

post #9252 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

bought a dipstick from the jy cuz the one that came with it was not the correct one lol
post #9253 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 10:02 PM
99xjjoe
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Picked up a hitch for $30 from JF mod MGrobe.Just need to get some bolts
post #9254 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Teal2doorXJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

took a roof rack off of my parts GC. tomorrow i will be taking headliner out, replacing floor boards and installing roof rack and maybe building roof basket
post #9255 of 91636 Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Sold the roofrack and lights. Now I just need to sell my lightforces, RE LCAs, and zune.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in