LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91876 of 91954 Old 11-06-2019, 11:54 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
So once again I could not stop myself.
$38 and whatever a 30 mile round trip cost me in gas. Found them on Craigslist.
Brand new. Funny thing is that Googling the part number nothing comes up.
And they are 5 ton. Which I find odd. Thinking jack stands come in 2, 3, 6, etc ton.
My boss at the store had an idea. May be part of a kit.
Maybe a homeowner thing sold through someplace like Home Depot.
I think I read that Lincoln Welders sold through Home Depot are not quite
the same as one you could get from somewhere that is not a big box store.
Similar thing maybe.
Hey they still say Made In USA. LOL.
Maybe a clue here > https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...93516-53150275

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #91877 of 91954 Old 11-07-2019, 02:23 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Somebody on another forum posted that link for me.
I wish I could find an link for an actual retailer.
But it does give some info I was wondering about.
I figured they retailed for about that but $114 for these off the Mac Tool Truck sounds cheap.
Being how expensive things are off the tool trucks.
post #91878 of 91954 Old 11-08-2019, 06:05 AM
Jeep_XJ

Garage
New engine from Titan Engines. As if i wasnt broke enough lol...
TheBoogieman likes this.

post #91879 of 91954 Old 11-08-2019, 07:31 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_XJ View Post
New engine from Titan Engines. As if i wasnt broke enough lol...
Just Empty Every Pocket .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
post #91880 of 91954 Old 11-08-2019, 08:06 AM
Camaro45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadetklapp View Post
Thanks. Just added it to my Amazon cart. I do not have a factory alarm so hopefully I can figure it out. All I really want/need is the keyless entry and remote start.

I would suggest getting a set of T taps as well. Make it much easier. Just clamp the t tap around the wire, and push in the connector for the remote start wire.

I had an alarm that was useless. And the factory remote that came with the car was pretty much the same.

Definitely increased functionality.
post #91881 of 91954 Old 11-14-2019, 11:54 AM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Found the idler pulley squeaking when cold.* Also has some.wobble to it.* Ordered a new one

Was getting a gas smell and found a very small leak at the fuel pressure regulator. pulled it out and the original 25 year old orings finally gave up the ghost.* Im guessing our recent spat of cold weather finally did them in. Found an oring in my parts pile to replace the outer o ring which stopped the leak but didnt have the inner oring so my fuel system wont hold pressure when the engine is off. Ordered a new Delphi branded unit*

Changed oil 300 miles early cause i had the time.* Rotella T4 10w30 and a mopar filter.*

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4X4 Stock
AW4/NP231/C8.25/D30/"UpCounty" suspension
post #91882 of 91954 Old 11-14-2019, 03:32 PM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by downs View Post
Was getting a gas smell and found a very small leak at the fuel pressure regulator. pulled it out and the original 25 year old orings finally gave up the ghost.* Im guessing our recent spat of cold weather finally did them in. Found an oring in my parts pile to replace the outer o ring which stopped the leak but didnt have the inner oring so my fuel system wont hold pressure when the engine is off.
Had the same thing happen to our Country a few years ago .
We were no where near any parts houses , so I simply disconnected and stopped the vacuum and used the old regulator as a seal for the rail .

I never did replace the regulator as it didn't seem to make much difference without it functioning . The motor ran fine and always started instantly .
Guess I just got lucky for the 20,000 miles .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
post #91883 of 91954 Old 11-14-2019, 03:35 PM
Camaro45th

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Just did a transmission flush and fill. Fluid was black. I donít think it smelt burnt but it sure was black.

Next up I have to do both differentials and Iím hoping I can wait until spring time. I think itís time for a new oil pan.

I was able to get a gasket for the rear differential cover but I wasnít unsuccessful for the front. Iím guessing I have to use gasket maker?

Also, what would you say the probability is that I would need a new rear differential cover. It looks like it has been leaking so I bought a new rubber plug. But it seems to be a little higher than the plug as well. No where around the top bolts though.
post #91884 of 91954 Old 11-15-2019, 07:04 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45th View Post
Just did a transmission flush and fill. Fluid was black. I don’t think it smelt burnt but it sure was black.

Next up I have to do both differentials and I’m hoping I can wait until spring time. I think it’s time for a new oil pan.

I was able to get a gasket for the rear differential cover but I wasn’t unsuccessful for the front. I’m guessing I have to use gasket maker?

Also, what would you say the probability is that I would need a new rear differential cover. It looks like it has been leaking so I bought a new rubber plug. But it seems to be a little higher than the plug as well. No where around the top bolts though.
LubeLocker or Napa for the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5" lift / Rancho shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
post #91885 of 91954 Old 11-15-2019, 08:49 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Just did a transmission flush and fill. Fluid was black. I donít think it smelt burnt but it sure was black.

Next up I have to do both differentials and Iím hoping I can wait until spring time. I think itís time for a new oil pan.

I was able to get a gasket for the rear differential cover but I wasnít unsuccessful for the front. Iím guessing I have to use gasket maker?

You can use a Lubelocker gasket if your differential cover is in good shape. I have always just used RTV. Even after repeatedly dragging the diff over the rocks enough to shave through half of the bottom most bolt on the cover, it hasn't leaked on me. It can be a pain to get the cover back off sometimes though.

For the leak at the plug, remove the old one, then make sure the area the plug sits is nice and clean with no debris, and just pop the new plug in. When they leak, I've found the oil seems to travel up and around the area, not just straight down. Probably just due to how the air flows around the diff but honestly not sure. That sounds pretty typical though.
Camaro45th likes this.

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
post #91886 of 91954 Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Camaro45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepster1 View Post
You can use a Lubelocker gasket if your differential cover is in good shape. I have always just used RTV. Even after repeatedly dragging the diff over the rocks enough to shave through half of the bottom most bolt on the cover, it hasn't leaked on me. It can be a pain to get the cover back off sometimes though.

For the leak at the plug, remove the old one, then make sure the area the plug sits is nice and clean with no debris, and just pop the new plug in. When they leak, I've found the oil seems to travel up and around the area, not just straight down. Probably just due to how the air flows around the diff but honestly not sure. That sounds pretty typical though.

I was planning on draining the rear differential and refilling and using a new plug. I just wasnít sure what is the likelihood of the cover having a hole in it above the plug. I got some brake parts cleaner to clean up the cover as well to get a better idea of what Iím looking at.
post #91887 of 91954 Old 11-16-2019, 04:18 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Snapped off the rear shock lower bolt/stud at the threads. My 20 minute shock replacement just got more time consuming and expensive. I need to learn how to weld.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
post #91888 of 91954 Old 11-16-2019, 04:35 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I was planning on draining the rear differential and refilling and using a new plug. I just wasnít sure what is the likelihood of the cover having a hole in it above the plug. I got some brake parts cleaner to clean up the cover as well to get a better idea of what Iím looking at.
When you get to actually doing the job if you plan on doing any deeper water wheeling I say go for the LubeLocker. If not just use this:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PET7...Input=gear+oil

Maybe think about going to a synthectic too. Use Valvoline VV975 in my open 8.25.
post #91889 of 91954 Old 11-16-2019, 04:38 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Snapped off the rear shock lower bolt/stud at the threads. My 20 minute shock replacement just got more time consuming and expensive. I need to learn how to weld.
I know it happens, seen a couple threads about it, but considering how big that damn bolt is.................

Been telling myself for 45 years I should learn to weld. Finally broke down and bought a used MillerMatic 135 this year. Now if I can just spend some time with it and see if I can actually teach myself how to weld.
TheBoogieman likes this.
post #91890 of 91954 Old 11-16-2019, 05:38 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
but considering how big that damn bolt is.................
That's what I thought. I had already changed the shocks less than a year ago. I didn't even put that much pressure on it when it snapped. I was going to cut the stud off, but wasn't sure how well a drill bit would go through the thick back of the welded stud. I can't get up in that little space with my saw.
Attached Thumbnails
shock bolt.jpg   shock bolt1.jpg  

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in