LinkBack Thread Tools
post #90826 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 04:09 PM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Happy New Year everybody!!!!!

Weather is kind of mild today so I figured I would wash the Jeep and hit it with some spray wax.
Clean! I like those hood vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5" BDS lift/ 33" DC extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #90827 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 03:57 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Clean! I like those hood vents.
Those are the hood vents from a '98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9. Those are functional. With drip trays and all. Couple guys on here awhile back did it. I am not having any heat soak in issues in my '00 but liked the look so much that I had to do it. It just so happened to that at that time I was having some surface rust issues on my hood and roof being handled by my body guy. Figured if I was going to do it that would have been the time to do so. The European Orvis '97 and up XJ's have a very similar looking louvers. But those are just ghetto stick ons.

I would love to take credit for all the upgrades that I have done to my Jeep. But to be frank 99% of what I have done are just ideas I stole from other people.

That is why I have this love/hate relationship with the forums. 5 years ago I bought the '00. Kinda of running and not really driveable. Seemed like a decent platform to build on that would hopefully turn out to be the last 4X4 I buy in my lifetime. I am older now and my days of thrashing around out there are long over. Just wanted a decent DD to drive when the weather is not the best.

So I came around here looking for some insight on basic repairs. Figured a little refresh and with a little luck be good. Then I see all the things that guys are doing to their Jeeps. See all the options that mine did not come with. It does not help that everybody on the forums are friendly as hell. Willing to help. Doing these awesome write ups explaining with great detail on what they did. So much so that even I could do it.

Simple little refresh my ***. LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0364.jpg  
post #90828 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 09:23 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those are the hood vents from a '98 Grand Cherokee with the 5.9. Those are functional. With drip trays and all. Couple guys on here awhile back did it. I am not having any heat soak in issues in my '00 but liked the look so much that I had to do it. It just so happened to that at that time I was having some surface rust issues on my hood and roof being handled by my body guy. Figured if I was going to do it that would have been the time to do so. The European Orvis '97 and up XJ's have a very similar looking louvers. But those are just ghetto stick ons.

I would love to take credit for all the upgrades that I have done to my Jeep. But to be frank 99% of what I have done are just ideas I stole from other people.

That is why I have this love/hate relationship with the forums. 5 years ago I bought the '00. Kinda of running and not really driveable. Seemed like a decent platform to build on that would hopefully turn out to be the last 4X4 I buy in my lifetime. I am older now and my days of thrashing around out there are long over. Just wanted a decent DD to drive when the weather is not the best.

So I came around here looking for some insight on basic repairs. Figured a little refresh and with a little luck be good. Then I see all the things that guys are doing to their Jeeps. See all the options that mine did not come with. It does not help that everybody on the forums are friendly as hell. Willing to help. Doing these awesome write ups explaining with great detail on what they did. So much so that even I could do it.

Simple little refresh my ***. LOL.
Looks great!

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes

post #90829 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 09:33 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My new 33" MT tires came in this morning and my tire shop was closed when I drove down there. I know I'll need to trim, but hopefully it will make it 3 miles home first. I drove an XJ I was going to buy a year ago with a 4.5" lift and new 33" MTRs. No rubbing turning on the street on the test drive. I want to cut and make it look good. I've seen toooooooooooooo many hack jobs. I will post pics during the process. I usually buy Mickey Thompson MTZs for my TJs, but I couldn't pass up the deal on these DC tires. I'll have around $450 invested when all is done. I stopped the 40,000 mile a year driving my Jeeps, so maybe they will last for a while. Any tips and comments are welcome. TJ and XJ worlds are far apart. My previous 2 XJ's had 31's.
Attached Thumbnails
XJ new tires.jpg   XJ new tires1.jpg  
chris87xj likes this.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #90830 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
My new 33" MT tires came in this morning and my tire shop was closed when I drove down there. I know I'll need to trim, but hopefully it will make it 3 miles home first. I drove an XJ I was going to buy a year ago with a 4.5" lift and new 33" MTRs. No rubbing turning on the street on the test drive. I want to cut and make it look good. I've seen toooooooooooooo many hack jobs. I will post pics during the process. I usually buy Mickey Thompson MTZs for my TJs, but I couldn't pass up the deal on these DC tires. I'll have around $450 invested when all is done. I stopped the 40,000 mile a year driving my Jeeps, so maybe they will last for a while. Any tips and comments are welcome. TJ and XJ worlds are far apart. My previous 2 XJ's had 31's.
Those are tires. I am thinking about buying these to mount on the Icon rims I bought for my '00. Was going to get the rims trued first but......

https://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/...783277806.html

Thing is I don't know if that is $125 for all of them but $125 each is too much so I am leaning towards it being for all of them. I have to have a full size matching spare. My OCD would drive me nuts if I did not. Factory size on an Icon is 225 70 16. These being 215 75 16 make them 3/10" bigger in diameter. But remember our snow tire posts? LOL.

My buddy has a tire machine, uses it for his race cars, so $25 or so dollars to my local garage with a spin balance machine and figure I am good to go. Would like to see the Icons on the Jeep.
post #90831 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 10:46 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those are tires. I am thinking about buying these to mount on the Icon rims I bought for my '00. Was going to get the rims trued first but......

https://hartford.craigslist.org/tls/...783277806.html

Thing is I don't know if that is $125 for all of them but $125 each is too much so I am leaning towards it being for all of them. I have to have a full size matching spare. My OCD would drive me nuts if I did not. Factory size on an Icon is 225 70 16. These being 215 75 16 make them 3/10" bigger in diameter. But remember our snow tire posts? LOL.

My buddy has a tire machine, uses it for his race cars, so $25 or so dollars to my local garage with a spin balance machine and figure I am good to go. Would like to see the Icons on the Jeep.
I love those Icon rims. "Rare! Bridgeport J Head 1 Phase Motor - $375 (Central, CT)" ??? DAMN! I miss CT. Was born in VT and raised in Enfield and East Hartford CT.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #90832 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 11:12 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I love those Icon rims. "Rare! Bridgeport J Head 1 Phase Motor - $375 (Central, CT)" ??? DAMN! I miss CT. Was born in VT and raised in Enfield and East Hartford CT.
I posted the wrong link.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/wto/6784589284.html

I emailed that link to my buddy, the one with the tire changer, because he has been looking for a Bridgeport Milling Machine. Doesn't know how to use one but we have a friend, a retired machinist that does, and he is looking for one that is not super expensive. Problem is all the $1500 ones, which is about what he is willing to spend, are 3 phase ones and he needs it to be single phase. Hell I know nothing about those machines, not even sure if that is for a milling machine, but when I find this stuff on Craigslist I email it to him and let him sort it out. LOL. Is that a good deal for that single phase motor? Should see the garage he built and outfitted. OMG. So cool. This garage is deep enough that his Crew Cab Diesel Dodge Dualie with the race trailer can be parked along side of it under the overhang, car port type thing, that he has on the outside.

You are probably one of the few people to say that you miss CT. I personally don't have a problem with CT. Lived here most of my life. Living in Litchfield County at the moment. Spent so much time in VT. I used to ski till my knees decided to call it a day. Mostly Killington. Remember Roundtop by any chance? I used to go there when I was a kid on the weekends cause Killington would just be to crowded. Used to live in East Hartford for a bit. By the Coca Cola plant on Main St (?). LOL.

Funny you should say that you like the Icons, I do to, but you can't give them away around here. Despite the fact that they really don't come up for sale that often. I have 8 of them. Spent $100 for one set of 4 and $75 for the other set of 4. That second set the guy started at $200 and they sat for months. Would come down periodically and when they hit $100 I called him. Went to see them and offered $75 which he jumped on. Figure pick the 5 best ones to use. Again have to have a full size matching spare. All part of my Limited/Country/Up Country/ European Orvis Clone that I am trying to turn my XJ into.

If I do pick up those tires the rims aren't worth much more then scrap metal. Dime a dozen around here. Pretty sure some of those won't even work with an XJ cause of the bolt pattern. Throw them on Craigslist for $50 and sell them to the first person that offers me $25. LOL.
TheBoogieman likes this.
post #90833 of 91821 Old 01-02-2019, 04:41 PM
Submariner

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Replaced my plugs. these are the ole ones.
Attached Thumbnails
plugs-1.jpg  

Submariner
post #90834 of 91821 Old 01-03-2019, 12:35 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Replaced my plugs. these are the ole ones.
Mine looked like those when I bought my XJ. I replaced them with Autolite AP-985 plugs and my mpg's increased by about 3-4. Air filter was filthy too.
Submariner likes this.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #90835 of 91821 Old 01-03-2019, 10:31 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC7410 View Post
The XJ runs perfect now, the jeep does not stall out anymore when i give it full throttle. It started right up and I drove around for a while and everything is normal. The jeep was having some problems trying to fire up but now it turns right on.
Always a good feeling when they come to life as they should .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
post #90836 of 91821 Old 01-03-2019, 12:17 PM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Got the 33s mounted. Don't let anyone tell you that 33s fit with a 4.5" lift and no cutting. I was lucky to make it 2 miles home with mild turns. I cut as little as possible for now.
Attached Thumbnails
XJ tires.jpg   XJ tires3.jpg   XJ NEW LIFT2.jpg   XJ tires cut bad.jpg  
Submariner likes this.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #90837 of 91821 Old 01-04-2019, 05:03 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

It can be done @TheBoogieman . I ran 33's on my 99 2 door 5 speed with 4.5" of lift just to see what it would look like (I stole the tires off my other Jeep which only had 1.5" of lift lol, obviously that one was heavily trimmed though). It was a good look. To really use it though, you will want to trim the very back plastic on the front fender so you can turn to full lock without rubbing on every little bump.

My 99 2 door 5 speed on 4.5 and 33s

And just because, the 00 they came off of with 1.5 of lift. This was my daily at the time. Had about 350k miles on it when I took that picture.

TheBoogieman likes this.

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #90838 of 91821 Old 01-04-2019, 08:02 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

@ Boogieman- A year from now you're gonna know why you should've used a wider rim. The contact pattern shows you're gonna wear the middle of the tread cuz they're buckled.
Otherwise, it looks completely awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20190104-075720_Chrome_1546613947041.jpg  

D3<!L!>3D
post #90839 of 91821 Old 01-04-2019, 11:37 AM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
@ Boogieman- A year from now you're gonna know why you should've used a wider rim. The contact pattern shows you're gonna wear the middle of the tread cuz they're buckled.
Otherwise, it looks completely awesome!
Thanks. I used the same wheels on my TJ with 35x12.50s. 8" is standard for airing down offroad. 7" wheels work fine too. The pics of the tires were aired up by the tire place to 40 psi. I use 28 on any 33s I run. I always use 35s on my TJs. 33s look tiny on anything, but an XJ. I'm happy with the results though.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #90840 of 91821 Old 01-04-2019, 03:08 PM
DylanC7410
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got the XJ tinted, I did 30% upfront and 20% in the rear and it looks good (I dont have any good photos atm but ill take some later). Also figured out why my exhaust was rattling so bad, it ended up being my catalytic converter the inners of the cat were all loose and banging around, so I ordered a new magnaflow high flow cat and I have no more rattling and now the jeep has a nice rumble rather than the LS sounding exhaust when I had no cats or muffler Pretty soon Im gonna swap in my 3" springs upfront that i had for awhile to level the ride with the 2" in the rear. Then im going to get extended shocks and brake lines to finish up the suspension
TheBoogieman likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in