What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 6055 - JeepForum.com
 812Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #90811 of 91821 Old 12-24-2018, 11:07 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Happy Christmas & Merry New Year to all .

Here's wishing all your good dreams come true . Specially , your Jeep dreams .

Don't forget to take a Christmas and a New Year Jeep ride . And , maybe post some pics of the 'event' .

husker88jeep likes this.

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #90812 of 91821 Old 12-24-2018, 03:21 PM
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Happy Christmas & Merry New Year to all .

Here's wishing all your good dreams come true . Specially , your Jeep dreams .

Don't forget to take a Christmas and a New Year Jeep ride . And , maybe post some pics of the 'event' .
Santa's going to be running late tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
drunk santa.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5" BDS lift/ 33" DC extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
post #90813 of 91821 Old 12-26-2018, 04:43 AM
downs

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
patched up some of the wiring on the Jeep. Namely the oil pressure sensor wire that had some missing insulation which was grounding out causing the oil pressure gauge to go haywire. Cut out the bad section and spliced it back together. Same for the O2 sensor wires. On the Jeep side of the harness I had some bare wires from heat and oil soaking the wires for so long :/, maybe the cause of my poor fuel mileage? Who knows but we'll see if it helps at all.

I took apart the connector which still had a good seal and cleaned up the wires and applied some electrical tape and heat shrink for now, I can no longer find this specific connector so I'm going to see if I can find any of the female pins that go into connector itself and cut out the bad sections of wire and rewire with new pins. If I can't do that I'm going to rewire with a another connector of somesort.

Also dropped the driveshaft out of the rear....again, and installed a new slip yoke onto it. The old one had a bad spot where the seal would normally ride and a 60 dollar slip yoke was a lot cheaper than a 230 dollar driveshaft.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4X4 Stock
AW4/NP231/C8.25/D30/"UpCounty" suspension

post #90814 of 91821 Old 12-29-2018, 10:46 PM
JUSTaXJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Shot a piston through the bottom

I don't know what I am doing
I'm not mean I just don't give a crap
post #90815 of 91821 Old 12-29-2018, 11:14 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTaXJ View Post
Sorry to hear that man

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #90816 of 91821 Old 12-31-2018, 04:27 PM
DylanC7410
2006 TJ Wrangler 

First off happy holidays and happy new years/eve!

Today I got my new fuel pump since the jeep would cut out when you give it the beans, so I started unbolting the tank straps and noticed they were loose, i unplugged the connector but it came out easy and didnt really connect up correctly...not thinking anything of it so i just kept tearing things apart. When I dropped the tank and took out the pump i noticed it said ZJ on the side and it was a mopar unit....so apparently the PO wasnt the smartest or the shop he took it to wasnt the best either way someone along the line put a pump for a ZJ but the XJ still drove all over the place since I bought it which is the funniest thing to me...Felt like I had to share this with yall bc I was like WHAT?
post #90817 of 91821 Old 12-31-2018, 05:33 PM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTaXJ View Post
Bad news ... What do you suppose caused that ?

post #90818 of 91821 Old 12-31-2018, 05:36 PM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC7410 View Post
First off happy holidays and happy new years/eve!

Today I got my new fuel pump since the jeep would cut out when you give it the beans, so I started unbolting the tank straps and noticed they were loose, i unplugged the connector but it came out easy and didnt really connect up correctly...not thinking anything of it so i just kept tearing things apart. When I dropped the tank and took out the pump i noticed it said ZJ on the side and it was a mopar unit....so apparently the PO wasnt the smartest or the shop he took it to wasnt the best either way someone along the line put a pump for a ZJ but the XJ still drove all over the place since I bought it which is the funniest thing to me...Felt like I had to share this with yall bc I was like WHAT?
So ,,,,,,,,, how does the new pump perform ? Any 'cut out when you give it the beans' ? Or did it solve the problem ?

And , Happy New Year to you , too .

post #90819 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 07:43 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Happy New Year everybody!!!!!

Weather is kind of mild today so I figured I would wash the Jeep and hit it with some spray wax.
Attached Images

TheBoogieman likes this.
post #90820 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 07:53 AM
Tombsmoker

I added LEDs to my 2000 XJ the other day. I discovered one of the vertical adj torx screws had a stripped head. The replacement bolts arrived yesterday so I'll be putting them in today and aiming them after dark.
post #90821 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsmoker View Post
I added LEDs to my 2000 XJ the other day. I discovered one of the vertical adj torx screws had a stripped head. The replacement bolts arrived yesterday so I'll be putting them in today and aiming them after dark.
Did you or do you have the headlight harness upgrade? If not should really get one and do it. Just LED headlights or did you do all the other lights too?
post #90822 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 08:44 AM
Tombsmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Quote:
Did you or do you have the headlight harness upgrade? If not should really get one and do it. Just LED headlights or did you do all the other lights too?
No I don't have any upgrades. The lights are inexpensive plug and play ($21 Amazon). I wanted to see how well they worked. I'm going to get better ones in the next several months. I just did the headlights for now. I'm ordering aftermarket LED fogs shortly. (I removed the crap stock fogs and cut the bottom trim off with a sawsall.
post #90823 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
No I don't have any upgrades. The lights are inexpensive plug and play ($21 Amazon). I wanted to see how well they worked. I'm going to get better ones in the next several months. I just did the headlights for now. I'm ordering aftermarket LED fogs shortly. (I removed the crap stock fogs and cut the bottom trim off with a sawsall.
Should really consider the headlight harness upgrade. People have said that it improves stock headlight output by 30%. More importantly, for me anyway, is that it takes some of the stress off the headlight switch which is a weak point in the system. Contact this guy for one.

https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f74/he...pgrade-219596/

If you ever do LED bulbs for blinkers and whatnot I went through this a little while ago in my '00. Did a little writeup. It is not quite as cut and dry as you would think but not a big deal either.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...00-xj-4324245/
post #90824 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Tombsmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
Quote:
Should really consider the headlight harness upgrade. People have said that it improves stock headlight output by 30%. More importantly, for me anyway, is that it takes some of the stress off the headlight switch which is a weak point in the system. Contact this guy for one.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f74/hea...pgrade-219596/

If you ever do LED bulbs for blinkers and whatnot I went through this a little while ago in my '00. Did a little writeup. It is not quite as cut and dry as you would think but not a big deal either.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/l...00-xj-4324245/
I'll look into it, but really prefer the clean white light over yellow halogens. I'm not doing the other lights unless I get something new for my daily. Then I'll turn this into my project car. I do want a skid plate/bull bar though. Haven't found one yet.
post #90825 of 91821 Old 01-01-2019, 01:12 PM
DylanC7410
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
So ,,,,,,,,, how does the new pump perform ? Any 'cut out when you give it the beans' ? Or did it solve the problem ?

And , Happy New Year to you , too .
The XJ runs perfect now, the jeep does not stall out anymore when i give it full throttle. It started right up and I drove around for a while and everything is normal. The jeep was having some problems trying to fire up but now it turns right on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in