What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 6006 - JeepForum.com
 844Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #90076 of 91958 Old 06-20-2018, 10:10 PM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapy View Post
Oops, I forgot to show side view of the hitch in upright position.
Will the end product include a re-positioned license plate holder and light ?

Looks like a nice setup .


1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #90077 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 03:51 PM
soapy
Junior Member
 
soapy's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 81
The license plate will be the easy part. I can run a light off the trailer hitch wires but probably will just mount the plate on the plate at this time since my spare fits in the back.
soapy is online now  
post #90078 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 05:13 PM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,810
Off Topic : Service Dogs . A thing everyone should know .

This is something I didn't know :

If a service dog approaches you with out a person , it means the person is down and in need of help .

These dogs are trained to get adult help if their person is down , so , follow the dog .
You can figure out what has to happen next .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
 
post #90079 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 05:49 PM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Off Topic : Service Dogs . A thing everyone should know .

This is something I didn't know :

If a service dog approaches you with out a person , it means the person is down and in need of help .

These dogs are trained to get adult help if their person is down , so , follow the dog .
You can figure out what has to happen next .
Not to be mistaken for everybody elses dog in the grocery store. They're looking for snacks and a place to pee.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #90080 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 06:16 PM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Not to be mistaken for everybody elses dog in the grocery store. They're looking for snacks and a place to pee.
They allow dogs , other than service dogs , in the grocery stores up there ?

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #90081 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 06:27 PM
cpttuna
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: napoleon ohio
Posts: 213
installed extended idle on the 98 and the 01 XJ's. Tapped into the gray wire in the ECM(first wire in second row in bundle nearest the driver headlight and ran it to a toggle switch in dash. then ran other wire to ground. works great.
cpttuna is offline  
post #90082 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 07:45 PM
Devil15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttuna View Post
installed extended idle on the 98 and the 01 XJ's. Tapped into the gray wire in the ECM(first wire in second row in bundle nearest the driver headlight and ran it to a toggle switch in dash. then ran other wire to ground. works great.
Cool, what is it grounding out to get the idle up. Would be nice for warming up the car in the winter, jumping a car, ect. No winch so no use for that.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Devil15 is offline  
post #90083 of 91958 Old 06-21-2018, 07:56 PM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,630
Garage
Worked on mine a little last night and drive it around a little today. God I miss driving this thing. Especially now. Still a few more things to do to my other vehicles before I fix this though. But Iím getting there.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #90084 of 91958 Old 06-22-2018, 12:29 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Not to be mistaken for everybody elses dog in the grocery store. They're looking for snacks and a place to pee.
They allow dogs , other than service dogs , in the grocery stores up there ?
Technically they only allow service dogs. Problem is anybody can buy a "service dog" cape and no business will dispute it due to liabilities. We get the *******s who not only don't care about bringing a dog into a peoples food store, but then have the audacity to feed their pets the samples.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #90085 of 91958 Old 06-22-2018, 12:32 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,295
In other news, I got my D-rings mounted to complete the winch collage.
Attached Thumbnails
20180620_142806_1529645489377.jpg   20180621_082101_1529645537191.jpg   20180621_082002_1529645557906.jpg  

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #90086 of 91958 Old 06-22-2018, 06:46 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Technically they only allow service dogs. Problem is anybody can buy a "service dog" cape and no business will dispute it due to liabilities. We get the *******s who not only don't care about bringing a dog into a peoples food store, but then have the audacity to feed their pets the samples.
I've heard of those reprobates before . Probably the same that park in handicap spaces . Greedy , holier than thou . I really hope karma is alive and well .

And , the front of your Jeep looks more 'complete' .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #90087 of 91958 Old 06-25-2018, 01:18 PM
bluejunior
Registered User
 
bluejunior's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,809
So...the pressure hose to the PS box is leaking around the threads into the box. It's torqued to spec and still the fluid flows. I really don't want to shell out over $100 for the mopar one, what level of idiot would I be if I used a little RTV on the threads as a sort of jury-rigged plumber's tape?

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bluejunior is offline  
post #90088 of 91958 Old 06-25-2018, 01:23 PM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
So...the pressure hose to the PS box is leaking around the threads into the box. It's torqued to spec and still the fluid flows. I really don't want to shell out over $100 for the mopar one, what level of idiot would I be if I used a little RTV on the threads as a sort of jury-rigged plumber's tape?
2 1/2

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #90089 of 91958 Old 06-25-2018, 03:06 PM
DanJeep21
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yukon, OK
Posts: 114
I'm still going over the 98 I bought last week. Yesterday replaced two door latch/lock actuator assemblies for functioning ones. I had to tear into one to get the parts switched around to move a rear door setup to the front. Replaced a bunch of interior clips to get some rattles out. Tonight the carpet cleaner comes out to clean the replacement seats before bolting them in.

79 CJ7 304
DanJeep21 is offline  
post #90090 of 91958 Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 PM
bluejunior
Registered User
 
bluejunior's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJeep21 View Post
I'm still going over the 98 I bought last week. Yesterday replaced two door latch/lock actuator assemblies for functioning ones. I had to tear into one to get the parts switched around to move a rear door setup to the front. Replaced a bunch of interior clips to get some rattles out. Tonight the carpet cleaner comes out to clean the replacement seats before bolting them in.
If you've got the time to pull the covers, let them dry and reinstall: the pressure wand at a self serve car wash works wonders. Or just a standard pressure washer if you've got one.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bluejunior is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
soapy
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 02:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 08:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 10:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 08:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 03:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome