What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5955 - JeepForum.com
 782Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #89311 of 91679 Old 12-17-2017, 09:14 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I've had my shock relo-brackets for a few years now. Still debating on whether I'm going to use them. Theories in my head keep talking me out of doing it.
You'll kick yourself for waiting. The improvement in the rear suspension is nothing short of amazing. The stock shackle angle couldn't be any wronger. >
Wronger? Couldn't be more wrong!
Im talking about shock relocation.

Attached Images
 

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #89312 of 91679 Old 12-17-2017, 09:15 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,242
Not shackle relocation.
Attached Images
 

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #89313 of 91679 Old 12-17-2017, 09:56 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,613
Garage
And Iím talking about a very different type of shock relocation haha. Moving them up just a hair...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
 
post #89314 of 91679 Old 12-17-2017, 10:49 AM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ
 
un4gvn1's Avatar
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Junction City
Posts: 1,355
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Wronger? Couldn't be more wrong!
Im talking about shock relocation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Not shackle relocation.
My bad, the old brain made an assumption & my fingers followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
un4gvn1 is offline  
post #89315 of 91679 Old 12-17-2017, 11:52 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Wronger? Couldn't be more wrong!
Im talking about shock relocation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Not shackle relocation.
My bad, the old brain made an assumption & my fingers followed.
It all good, I intend to do shackle relo's too for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #89316 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 12:54 AM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ
 
un4gvn1's Avatar
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Junction City
Posts: 1,355
Garage
Build thread post 254

Well, I've been slacking on the thread for the simple reason I've really not had much to report.

Last week I finally figured out how I wanted to mount the pitch-n-roll gauge my wife's niece gave me (about a year ago...). The dash is getting a little busy, what with the GPS & now this unit, so I bent a piece of sheetmetal 90* and sandwiched the short leg between mount bolts on the extrusion my cup holder attaches to. This will allow me to remove it easily should I decide to. I'm trying to figure out a GoPro mount that would allow a good forward view through the windshield, with the pitch-n-roll gauge in the bottom of the frame.





On another note, I've been listening to noises that I haven't been able to pin down, getting louder & more frequent, frustrating really.

Well, today I pulled the front driveline, thinking maybe it was time to rebuild my double-cardan joint. The front u-joint seems to be dry in one cup, probably a plugged cross. I've seen it before, where you'll only be greasing 3 cups when you lube the joint.

Quick test drive & it was obvious that wasn't the worst of the noises. Poking around under the hood and realize the idler pulley I replaced in February is already bad. It's actually worse than the one I replaced. I'm gonna look around, I think I've got a 6203 bearing around here someplace. If I can lay hands on it I'll repair the original idler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
un4gvn1 is offline  
post #89317 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 01:41 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,942
I just purchased 4 Icon rims. Kinda sight unseen. Except the pictures in the Craigslist ad. But they do look pretty good though in the pictures. I would post some pictures but by the time I thought to grab them off his Craigslist ad he took the ad down. Tires on them are shot, which I could care less about, and they are missing one center. I had to. Paid $60. Well $62.04 with the Paypal fee. Plus I have to drive out to Long Island. About 300 miles. The guy is in no hurry to get them out of where he is keeping them. I probably won't get down to pick them up for a month. Seeing how willing he was to work with me on this I had to go for it. Now I need to find a center and one more matching rim.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #89318 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 04:54 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,613
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I just purchased 4 Icon rims. Kinda sight unseen. Except the pictures in the Craigslist ad. But they do look pretty good though in the pictures. I would post some pictures but by the time I thought to grab them off his Craigslist ad he took the ad down. Tires on them are shot, which I could care less about, and they are missing one center. I had to. Paid $60. Well $62.04 with the Paypal fee. Plus I have to drive out to Long Island. About 300 miles. The guy is in no hurry to get them out of where he is keeping them. I probably won't get down to pick them up for a month. Seeing how willing he was to work with me on this I had to go for it. Now I need to find a center and one more matching rim.
I gave a set of 5 of those away with center caps maybe 2 months ago... They look nice, but no one really want's 16's.

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #89319 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 AM
NT7B
Registered User
1986 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Springfield
Posts: 36
It's actually been a few days. I installed new hydraulics for my clutch, and my Jeep being as disagreeable as she is, I found that once again No good deed goes unpunished...or something like that.
Less than a year ago I replaced the master and slave cylinders due to old age/ corrosion etc when the slave started leaking. Be careful if you must use Centric brand parts; the cap never fit the reservoir quite right. Didn't think much about it until my clutch felt "funny" recently. The ill-fitting cap allowed the fluid to gather so much moisture that my new master and slave were both! slowly leaking the now-saturated black fluid.
I went with Carquest brand pieces this time, completely different reservoir design (way more gooder), and managed to over tighten the hard line to the master cylinder. Or should I call it the "brittle line"? Darn thing split and leaks, and NO, not just a little bit. Had to drive it back home from the shop with no clutch pedal. Yay!
I guess that pushes back my H4 headlight conversion another week, and I just got my 55/100 genuine Hella bulbs 😭
NT7B is offline  
post #89320 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 08:18 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT7B View Post
It's actually been a few days. I installed new hydraulics for my clutch, and my Jeep being as disagreeable as she is, I found that once again No good deed goes unpunished...or something like that.
Less than a year ago I replaced the master and slave cylinders due to old age/ corrosion etc when the slave started leaking. Be careful if you must use Centric brand parts; the cap never fit the reservoir quite right. Didn't think much about it until my clutch felt "funny" recently. The ill-fitting cap allowed the fluid to gather so much moisture that my new master and slave were both! slowly leaking the now-saturated black fluid.
I went with Carquest brand pieces this time, completely different reservoir design (way more gooder), and managed to over tighten the hard line to the master cylinder. Or should I call it the "brittle line"? Darn thing split and leaks, and NO, not just a little bit. Had to drive it back home from the shop with no clutch pedal. Yay!
I guess that pushes back my H4 headlight conversion another week, and I just got my 55/100 genuine Hella bulbs ?
Dont be down on yourself bud. These are lessons you'll retain for life. It's kinda like how many of us broke the oil pressure sensor right above the oil filter, knew better, and yet still did it a second time at some point.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #89321 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 09:15 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,792
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

Truth^ .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #89322 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 PM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepster1 View Post
I gave a set of 5 of those away with center caps maybe 2 months ago... They look nice, but no one really want's 16's.
Could not have kept that too yourself? Now I am all depressed. LOL.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #89323 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 03:10 PM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,613
Garage
Got some new tools today! Looking forward to getting to use them on an axle I actually care about. As far as removing carrier bearings goes, thereís no better way than this.

Tried it out in my LP30 from my red XJ, had the carrier out and the bearings off in less than 15 minutes. Pretty slick setup.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #89324 of 91679 Old 12-19-2017, 06:35 PM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ
 
un4gvn1's Avatar
1988 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Junction City
Posts: 1,355
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "
Tag line worthy!
NT7B likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
un4gvn1 is offline  
post #89325 of 91679 Old 12-20-2017, 09:10 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION
 
zte87's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: maple falls
Posts: 6,453
Garage
Ditched my flow master 50 series in favor or the super 44 and loooove it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
zte87 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome