What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5892 - JeepForum.com
 1012Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #88366 of 92477 Old 07-29-2017, 02:40 PM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
So while I am waiting for POR 15 to dry figure I would play with the driver's side power seat bases. Have 2. One works but the forward and back direction clicks a little. The other one forward and back works great but the other two don't even move. Stripped worm gears in the motors it turns out. So I found that you can remove the whole motor and spin the metal worm gear out of the tube in one piece if you just remove the dowel holding it in. PB Blast'ed it, found one of my smaller crappy Philips head screwdrivers, and banged it out from the outside. Turns out the 2 motors for the up and down are the same part #. I circled in the one picture where the dowel is. See the little metal disc. About the size of a watch battery. No idea what it does. So I figure I will keep the one base that I am going to use apart so I can clean that up and POR 15 at a later date.
When you finally reach a point when you can consider it done, you could call it your POR Jeep


D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #88367 of 92477 Old 07-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
When you finally reach a point when you can consider it done, you could call it your POR Jeep
Good one. But is a Jeep ever really done?
Ralph77 is online now  
post #88368 of 92477 Old 07-29-2017, 08:01 PM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,634
Garage
It's only the current phase that's ever done. My red Jeep has been "done" with its current phase for about a year now. The next one is a whole 'nother story haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
 
post #88369 of 92477 Old 07-29-2017, 08:56 PM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,322
I seem to be stuck on phase 666, its been hell trying to get this car sold.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #88370 of 92477 Old 07-29-2017, 09:03 PM
DirtyJeepGuy
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,225
I bought the parts rig.

Name:  image-1555915153.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  570.6 KB
DirtyJeepGuy is offline  
post #88371 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 02:28 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepster1 View Post
It's only the current phase that's ever done. My red Jeep has been "done" with its current phase for about a year now. The next one is a whole 'nother story haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My problem is these forums, Craigslist, and Ebay. I own a Jeep, or some 4X4, because I have since I was 16. Days of lifting them and off roading are long over. The '00 that I bought about 3 years ago was running and not really driveable. Was just going to straighten it out and was hoping with a little luck it would be the last 4X4 that I would buy in my lifetime. Now you have to remember back in my day we did not have the internet. You relied on 4X4 magazines and what people in your circle had worked out. So I started researching the simple everyday problems we encounter with Jeeps. What do you do when you bust your top rear shock bolts? Stuff like that. Then I see people putting in overhead consoles. Think to myself I like that. Do a little research find out it is pretty much plug and play. Then I find one on Craigslist. Cruise Control same thing. Find one on Craigslist. See a picture with the map pocket door panels. Like the map pockets. Come across that too on Craigslist. Leather seats. My Spoilerlight spoiler. ETC. Found all three skids for about $125 on Craigslist. Like I need them. But yet I do it anyway. Tow hooks same thing. Upgrading battery cables and alternators. Have not done that yet but but my battery cables could use to be replaced. Well if we are going to replace them might as well up grade. And since we are doing cables maybe we should do the alt and lets not forget about the headlight harness. Do it all and call it a day. The list goes on and on. Oh and because I live where they put that crap on the roads in the winter every time I open up an area, like when I replaced my entire exhaust, well maybe I should do some housekeeping and POR 15'ing. My simple little refresh has turned it too this will it ever be done project. And the scary thing is that what I am doing is just basic stuff. Nothing compared to what you guys, who actually wheel their rigs, do. To make matters worse I have kinda turned into one of those types I did not care for when I was younger. Guy sets up this awesome rig, not that mine is or going to be, but she is just a pavement princess. Ours were runners back in the day. We were in the muck, mud, trails, and/or sand every weekend. They were not pretty but they went. Not to mention you were breaking stuff all the time. And if you weren't it just means you were not trying hard enough. Oh well.
chris87xj and JeepN4KC like this.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #88372 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 05:25 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,874
Everyone has a 'hobby' .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #88373 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 05:53 AM
JeepN4KC
Web Wheeler
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 7,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
My problem is these forums, Craigslist, and Ebay. I own a Jeep, or some 4X4, because I have since I was 16. Days of lifting them and off roading are long over. The '00 that I bought about 3 years ago was running and not really driveable. Was just going to straighten it out and was hoping with a little luck it would be the last 4X4 that I would buy in my lifetime. Now you have to remember back in my day we did not have the internet. You relied on 4X4 magazines and what people in your circle had worked out. So I started researching the simple everyday problems we encounter with Jeeps. What do you do when you bust your top rear shock bolts? Stuff like that. Then I see people putting in overhead consoles. Think to myself I like that. Do a little research find out it is pretty much plug and play. Then I find one on Craigslist. Cruise Control same thing. Find one on Craigslist. See a picture with the map pocket door panels. Like the map pockets. Come across that too on Craigslist. Leather seats. My Spoilerlight spoiler. ETC. Found all three skids for about $125 on Craigslist. Like I need them. But yet I do it anyway. Tow hooks same thing. Upgrading battery cables and alternators. Have not done that yet but but my battery cables could use to be replaced. Well if we are going to replace them might as well up grade. And since we are doing cables maybe we should do the alt and lets not forget about the headlight harness. Do it all and call it a day. The list goes on and on. Oh and because I live where they put that crap on the roads in the winter every time I open up an area, like when I replaced my entire exhaust, well maybe I should do some housekeeping and POR 15'ing. My simple little refresh has turned it too this will it ever be done project. And the scary thing is that what I am doing is just basic stuff. Nothing compared to what you guys, who actually wheel their rigs, do. To make matters worse I have kinda turned into one of those types I did not care for when I was younger. Guy sets up this awesome rig, not that mine is or going to be, but she is just a pavement princess. Ours were runners back in the day. We were in the muck, mud, trails, and/or sand every weekend. They were not pretty but they went. Not to mention you were breaking stuff all the time. And if you weren't it just means you were not trying hard enough. Oh well.
This is a great post!

I'm 42 - and I remember the days before internet, too....... hard to believe we got anything done.........

~Mike~


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
JeepN4KC is offline  
post #88374 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 06:00 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
This is a great post!

I'm 42 - and I remember the days before internet, too....... hard to believe we got anything done.........
Heck , we got a lot more done prior to having to spend time on the internet . Just that what we did may not have been as advanced .
Still , it is a great form of entertainment and 'community' .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #88375 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 06:09 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
This is a great post!

I'm 42 - and I remember the days before internet, too....... hard to believe we got anything done.........
I know. Right. I am 59. We did not have as many options back then like we do today. We had Advance Adapters and Novak so you could run Buick V6's and small block chevys in Jeeps. Put a Buick V6 in my first jeep. '46 CJ2A and rigged it up with an 80 amp Chrysler alt, that was big in those days, to power everything. We had Rough Country for lifts. Or you made your own like the bastard packs. Blocks for lifting were on a ton of vehicles. We also had body lifts. We did have things to run dual oil filters and batteries. Run double shocks all around. Some guys used run 9" Ford rears. Think the logic was that the drive shaft was higher in the pumpkin letting you achieve more lift with less of a driveshaft angle. Pretty much everybody ran Armstrong Tru Tracs for tires. And none of us had a clue.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #88376 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 06:20 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Heck , we got a lot more done prior to having to spend time on the internet . Just that what we did may not have been as advanced .
Still , it is a great form of entertainment and 'community' .
I love this place. Guys share ideas on how to do or improve things. Detailed, awesome right ups. See something cool or useful and say I want that. Thinking to myself, despite my limits, I can do that. That is what happened to me. I had no intention of doing 3/4's of the things I am doing now. But as you also pointed out. Everybody needs a hobby.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #88377 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 06:53 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I love this place. Guys share ideas on how to do or improve things. Detailed, awesome right ups. See something cool or useful and say I want that. Thinking to myself, despite my limits, I can do that. That is what happened to me. I had no intention of doing 3/4's of the things I am doing now. But as you also pointed out. Everybody needs a hobby.
I mean that in the best way .

What you do to / with your Jeep is a whole universe ahead of pissing the same amount of time and money away in some dive bar urinal .

Not that I don't like a stiff drink every year or two .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #88378 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 07:00 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,322
I'm right there with ya Ralph, like KC I'm 43, but never intended to go this far. All these ideas to make it a better rig. But alas, I'm not the type to go out and tear up my rig. Having been born and raised within 100 mile radius of where I am now, in the mountains, my intensions were to build a somewhat luxury rig that could just survive all elements of the year round weather we endure. I do love to take her out and play in the snow though!
My last XJ was just as nice, but it was on stock suspension with 295/50's all the way around. Roof level to a 1st gen Subaru Forester with 3x the ground clearance, it was fun!

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #88379 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 07:11 AM
Ralph77
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
I mean that in the best way .

What you do to / with your Jeep is a whole universe ahead of pissing the same amount of time and money away in some dive bar urinal .

Not that I don't like a stiff drink every year or two .
I know you did. But I am not going lie. Sometimes I wished I never came around. I kinda enjoyed my ignorance. LOL. But now I accomplish something, and believe me when I say it is nothing ground breaking or that tough, but still get a sense of pride and accomplishment when I do.
Ralph77 is online now  
post #88380 of 92477 Old 07-30-2017, 09:00 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
I know you did. But I am not going lie. Sometimes I wished I never came around. I kinda enjoyed my ignorance. LOL. But now I accomplish something, and believe me when I say it is nothing ground breaking or that tough, but still get a sense of pride and accomplishment when I do.
Agreed , the Sergeant Schultz side of life is / can be relaxing . And , it keeps you out of trouble .

And , that last bit , that's your reward .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (2 members and 3 guests)
Devil15 , Ralph77
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome