What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5835 - JeepForum.com
 758Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #87511 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 08:04 AM
bobthecatkiller
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: binghamton
Posts: 1,504
These better be good stiffeners lol.

Name:  ForumRunner_20170508_100417.png
Views: 60
Size:  71.7 KB


"****, I might **** around and bring the Jeep back No doors on it, flexin' with the seat back"
bobthecatkiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #87512 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 AM
DirtyJeepGuy
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller
these better be good stiffeners lol.
😂😂😂
DirtyJeepGuy is offline  
post #87513 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,224
I guess the ZJ forum is the deadpool. Anybody here know...
'98 ZJ Laredo/4.0- both ps windows are stuck halfway down. I hear a click but no movement. All fuses in the ps kick panel are good. PDC doesnt indicate any p/w fuse. What next?

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
 
post #87514 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 10:28 AM
bluejunior
Registered User
 
bluejunior's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I guess the ZJ forum is the deadpool. Anybody here know...
'98 ZJ Laredo/4.0- both ps windows are stuck halfway down. I hear a click but no movement. All fuses in the ps kick panel are good. PDC doesnt indicate any p/w fuse. What next?
Sounds like a bad motor or a stuck regulator to me. Weird for them to go out simultaneously, though. Hit a big bump or anything lately?

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bluejunior is offline  
post #87515 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 10:31 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post

Sounds like a bad motor or a stuck regulator to me. Weird for them to go out simultaneously, though. Hit a big bump or anything lately?
Its my wifes rig, so idk. The "simultaneously" is what's got me wondering too. Isnt there a second fuse box in these?

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #87516 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 10:37 AM
bluejunior
Registered User
 
bluejunior's Avatar
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas
Posts: 6,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Its my wifes rig, so idk. The "simultaneously" is what's got me wondering too. Isnt there a second fuse box in these?
Pretty sure all four windows share a 30 amp in the PDC, but it's been awhile.

Course, usually windows are usually a bad wire to the master's switch in the driver's door bundle, just like the XJ's.

Might think about pulling a door panel and applying 12 volts straight to the motor. See if it moves. That'd break it down to motor/reg vs electrical at least.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bluejunior is offline  
post #87517 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 10:48 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post

Pretty sure all four windows share a 30 amp in the PDC, but it's been awhile.

Course, usually windows are usually a bad wire to the master's switch in the driver's door bundle, just like the XJ's.

Might think about pulling a door panel and applying 12 volts straight to the motor. See if it moves. That'd break it down to motor/reg vs electrical at least.
Im getting activity from the drivers door switch, I hear it click. The oddity is that both front and rear window switches(on the drivers door) cause the click that comes from the front door or fuse box (cant tell), not from each door independently.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #87518 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 11:05 AM
COMTB
Registered User
1989 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Collins
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Im getting activity from the drivers door switch, I hear it click. The oddity is that both front and rear window switches(on the drivers door) cause the click that comes from the front door or fuse box (cant tell), not from each door independently.

It almost sounds like a short somewhere. I don't know much about the ZJ wiring to be honest. Are you getting voltage across both when you hit the single switch or just the fuse box?

1989 XJ Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
COMTB is offline  
post #87519 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 11:13 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
 
S8NNG8's Avatar
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 10,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMTB View Post

It almost sounds like a short somewhere. I don't know much about the ZJ wiring to be honest. Are you getting voltage across both when you hit the single switch or just the fuse box?
As of yet, I've only checked "hopefully simple" possibilities. I just figured with the irony of both ps windows having the issue that there might be independent fuses for each side. But then, I havent checked her rear ds window. Drivers window works fine.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #87520 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 03:02 PM
DirtyJeepGuy
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,225
Messed up a power steering line. Attempting to make the jeep do a 90 degree turn lol.

Name:  image-2084590220.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  751.3 KB
DirtyJeepGuy is offline  
post #87521 of 91572 Old 05-08-2017, 07:05 PM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,600
Garage
Drive mine home from Rausch Creek last night. Actually was amazed because I averaged 24.3 mpg on the way home. I filled up after 220 miles even though I had 5/8 of a tank, I thought it was reading wrong. Nope, only took a little over 9 gallons. Here's a couple pictures from the trip. We had probably 15 Jeeps from my club down there throughout the weekend.








Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #87522 of 91572 Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,600
Garage
Where is everyone? Can't believe how quiet this thread has been. 2 days with no posts... weird...

Put a started in my girlfriends XJ yesterday and found the Vacuum leak I could hear. Going to need to find a new elbow for one of the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold, old one is pretty disintegrated.

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #87523 of 91572 Old 05-11-2017, 05:30 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the road .
Posts: 2,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepster1 View Post
Where is everyone? Can't believe how quiet this thread has been. 2 days with no posts... weird...

Put a started in my girlfriends XJ yesterday and found the Vacuum leak I could hear. Going to need to find a new elbow for one of the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold, old one is pretty disintegrated.
I guess no one needs us .

I wonder if a new elbow could be printed , 3D style . Maybe that would be too much work . Junkyard might be quicker .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #87524 of 91572 Old 05-11-2017, 05:40 AM
RedJeepster1
Web Wheeler
 
RedJeepster1's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Haddam
Posts: 2,600
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
I guess no one needs us .

I wonder if a new elbow could be printed , 3D style . Maybe that would be too much work . Junkyard might be quicker .
I don't think printing one would work due to the material choices you have when printing, unless you had a very expensive 3d printer. I'll just grab one off one of the parts Jeeps at my parents house when I go see them for mothers day this weekend. Seems like I grab more parts every time I stop by anyway.

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedJeepster1 is offline  
post #87525 of 91572 Old 05-11-2017, 06:58 AM
Devil15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepster1 View Post
Where is everyone? Can't believe how quiet this thread has been. 2 days with no posts... weird...

Put a started in my girlfriends XJ yesterday and found the Vacuum leak I could hear. Going to need to find a new elbow for one of the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold, old one is pretty disintegrated.
I believe it's alot slower now because you can't make a post from your phone. At least I can't, and I've seen a few others say it on here as well. You can quote someone but I can no longer post nor subscribe to a thread. I'm usually just a lurker but thought I'd mention it to see if the powers that be have a way of fixing it.
Devil15 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome