What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5827 - JeepForum.com
 782Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #87391 of 91676 Old 04-21-2017, 09:17 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

off topic, but why does my damn scroll wheel on my mouse stop working on jeep forum? what the hell?

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #87392 of 91676 Old 04-21-2017, 09:31 PM
shooptube
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
If it sounds good to you, you already are. You can get a lot more of what audiophiles call "sparkle" or "airiness" out of a higher quality tweet, though. More volume before breakup, too. Most Mylar units aren't great past 10k or so and they aren't typically intended for more than what I'd call moderate volume. I'd have to know the dimensions the infinity sail mounts give you to work with to supply much better advice.

Plus, good tweets and crossover components aren't cheap. If you're happy there's no imperative to change anything.
I always come back to this but I dont need a system that makes the glass do a wave. I would like to fit a sub under the rear seat and have clear audio when I turn up the volume. Before I do that, I think I need new weather stripping to eliminate all of my road noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
post #87393 of 91676 Old 04-21-2017, 09:55 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post

I always come back to this but I dont need a system that makes the glass do a wave. I would like to fit a sub under the rear seat and have clear audio when I turn up the volume. Before I do that, I think I need new weather stripping to eliminate all of my road noise.
Rear seat is TIGHT in an XJ for a sub. I can think of a few that would work but they're small. Cubby, built into a floor box or built into the spare tire would be easier to manage a good air space and sub size with.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #87394 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 06:37 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
off topic, but why does my damn scroll wheel on my mouse stop working on jeep forum? what the hell?
Maybe tear your mouse apart and insure the wheel 'windows' are clean and free of dust .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
post #87395 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 07:26 AM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #87396 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 07:50 AM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
Try airing down

D3<!L!>3D
post #87397 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 10:03 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Try airing down
That might just help .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
post #87398 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 04:38 PM
COMTB
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Replaced my motor mounts, I guess it was time.

forumrunner_20170422_163821.jpg

forumrunner_20170422_163828.jpg

1989 XJ Build:
post #87399 of 91676 Old 04-22-2017, 10:15 PM
shooptube
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Sneezed with a wrench in my hand and this happened.

forumrunner_20170423_001335.jpg

forumrunner_20170423_001342.jpg

Actually I am preparing for tomorrow where Dirtyjeepguy is driving down to help me install my ACOS. Decided to pull also pull my axle shafts to put in some fresh ujoints but couldn't get them out tonight. Gonna wait until tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
post #87400 of 91676 Old 04-23-2017, 08:43 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Finally got around to dismantling the factory running boards I picked up awhile back delivered for $75 and a case of Bud Light from about 300 miles away. The plan at the time was to try and take them apart, give the plastic to my body guy, they are green my Jeep is black, and POR 15 all the metal. Usually the metal is rusted to [email protected]#t but these are pristine and would like to keep them that way. Since the purchase I have been reading a lot about Monstaliner. Wondering if this might be the way to go. Both plastic and/or the metal parts. The working theory in my head for doing this is I can touch up the Monstaliner from time to time on the plastic pieces if necessary. Anybody please feel free to chime in with opinions or ideas.

EDIT: So I started washing down the running boards and noticed inside the small sections that attach to the fender flares that it is not all painted in there and some of the green paint is peeling off. Exposing a black plastic similar to not painted to match the vehicle black bumper caps. Thinking if I could get all the paint off I might like them just like that. Googling around about removing paint from plastic seems to deal more with overspray and not factory applied paint. Some suggested brake cleaner but then it appears that with ABS plastic there could be a problem. No idea what kind of plastic this is. Any ideas on this?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0434.jpg  
post #87401 of 91676 Old 04-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So while running board parts were drying figured I would play with one of the map pocket door panels. Picked one were a couple of those plastic welds were broken already and chipped away with a pair of dykes until enough was removed to pull it through. Been thinking of buying a Dremel Tool and was thinking it would probably be nice to have it now. Anyway figured I would post a couple shots. There is more surface area then I thought there would be to double sided tape them to my door panels. With a Dremel Tool I could probably save all the cylinders (see the second picture), assuming none are broken in the first place, drill holes in my door panel, and screw them in. Thing is I have commitment issues. Hence the double sided tape. Just grind down all those little cylinders, some 3M Adhesion Promoter (already bought some), and attach.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0436.jpg   IMG_0437.jpg  
post #87402 of 91676 Old 04-23-2017, 02:29 PM
lozencntrl
2003 WJ 

Replaced my stock trans cooler with a flex a lite trans cooler. Its meant to go with the flex a lite radiator so I had to modify the mounts a little.
Attached Thumbnails
20170423_161109_1492979324902.jpg  
post #87403 of 91676 Old 04-23-2017, 09:51 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

specter intake probably saved the jeep today. lmao. saw a creek crossing and i was like "i can probably drive through that" and i was kinda showing off. that was the deepest water i have driven through, lol. no problem.
i should probably change my diff fluid now.

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
post #87404 of 91676 Old 04-23-2017, 11:29 PM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Build Thread, post 175

Slow day at work, so I attempted to install my Ironman Fab steering brace.

Note the word "attempted".

Started out fine, first I ditched the OE spacer. Built this to replace it.

After bolting the steering box back up it was time to mount the brace. This is when the fun began.

To start, the brace is longer than the outer surfaces of the frame rails. As my bumper mount plates hang down about 1/4" I had to trim the brace to fit. This trim allowed me to put the brace in place, and see what I'd suspected, the bolt holes were not spaced correctly. I had to slot the holes in the passenger end.

No pictures of the following fiasco, I ended up having to oversize the holes in the driver's side also. Then the sector shaft bearing wouldn't mount up. Followed manufacturers instructions & used a pry bar to align & finally got everything together & tight.

My elation was short lived, the first time I went lock to lock I heard a snap or bang, thought maybe a bolt had broken.

That would have been nice, instead it was the bearing housing, broke the ear off the flange mount.

In looking for a replacement I realized the maker had drilled the cast iron flange to allow larger bolts to be used. This weakened it enough that under the load/bind it could break.

We have Certanium welding rod on site, so I ground a generous relief & welded the flange ear back on. This of course did nothing to address the weak flange ear, so I then wrapped the bearing flange with a piece of 1/2" x 1/4" flatbar. This was welded with 309 stainless (for dissimilar metals) and then ground flat & cleaned up somewhat before a quick coat of paint.

This entire process burned enough day that I didn't really have enough time left to address the fitment issues that created the bind. I'll have to try again another day.

Had I bought the brace from Ironman, rather than second-hand (new, never installed) from another Jeepforum member, I'd probably have stopped once I knew it wasn't going to fit correctly & called them to see what they had to say. As it is, I'm going to make it work.

It's an inanimate object, I will make it conform to my wishes, it's just that this one is putting up a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

post #87405 of 91676 Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
I realize that Monday sux, but this is weird...

Where is everybody? All I hear is the voices in my head....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in