What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5746 - JeepForum.com
 997Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #86176 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thinking this only works if you are local to it but.....

https://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/5960621876.html

Googling it appears some of those parts are only '97. Thinking the manifold hose. The accumulator might fit other years if you have that one. I know they used 2 different types. The rest might work for all '97 and up. $100 is cheap.

Edit: What do you guys think about starting a Craigslist/Look What I Found For Sale Thread? Would it violate Forum rules? I know we are all from different areas but I am guessing like myself we all come across things for Jeeps. Been my experience that people will ship stuff if you pay. Just because you have no interest in it doesn't mean the next guy won't. Bad Idea?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #86177 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 03:10 PM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Even though it's not an XJ , this is one reason we own Jeeps :

As for the C list ads , I just post what I think might interest any of you guys here in this thread .
I'd think that any one interested in C list would be searching C list around their area anyway .
RedJeepster1 likes this.

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
post #86178 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 04:09 PM
DirtyJeepGuy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We took my buddies XJ out tonight. Seen a KJ on 35's that busted the rear arms off in a hole. As well as stumbled on a poaching dump.

Name:  image-553777107.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  678.3 KB

post #86179 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 04:13 PM
DirtyJeepGuy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Seen this one last time. It was dark out so we didn't get out. But we counted 4 today.

Name:  image-305498650.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  572.9 KB
post #86180 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 06:18 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Pulled the useless ac condenser out don't know if it will give more flow to the radiator but at least I don't have dead parts there now!
Attached Images

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
post #86181 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 07:10 PM
SemperFiGuy
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Ha . 8s... is a funny guy .

I carry that Porter Cable in one of the bays of our Monaco motor home , which is completely self-contained . The wrench has a home in one of the tool boxes housed on the trailer .

The Jeep is usually very close .

I'd think an XJ would need a pretty fair inverter to run that compressor .
Well that's what I figured, tried running one off an invertor once and no go. Thought maybe you had a secret. So I guess you'd run it off the generator in the home?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
post #86182 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 07:19 PM
SemperFiGuy
1980 CJ5 

Cleaned out the back finally, absolutely embarrassing, had removed the rear seat a while ago and love having the extra space. But **** just piled around. Got a WWII 30mm ammo can a while ago as well, so in went jumper cables, ratchet straps, bottle of coolant, hose clamps, zip ties, bungee cords, first aid kit, duct tape. Ratchet strapped that down where the spare donought tire was. Also threw in my small floor jack that fits in nicely where the seat was, cleaned out the center consule, and vacuumed most but not all. Much better.

post #86183 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 07:35 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
Pulled the useless ac condenser out don't know if it will give more flow to the radiator but at least I don't have dead parts there now!
I doubt it'll make much highway difference, but when you're depending on the fans for airflow i suspect it will help.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #86184 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 08:15 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Threw a couple lights in the front floor boards, hoping to pick up a couple led light strips to run up along the roof so I can light up like a Christmas tree in the cab. The po had stripped all the interior lights out of this poor rig! Almost forgot I also re ran the wires that run across the front floor boards so they are out of the way and it looks a lot cleaner!
Attached Images

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
post #86185 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 10:52 PM
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I used my Xj to help a friend move over the weekend...managed to get a 65" flat screen TV along with a full size futon mattress in the back and didn't have to tie the hatch down; second load was her TV Stand and the frame to the futon that we took apart. Had to take the spare and my milk crate that holds my Jeep supplies to pull this off...for being a "mid-sized" suv, our Xj's can haul some decent loads.

And if it's not one thing it's another...as you guys know I had to replace the battery in the cranky teenager...now the button for the push start is on its way out, have to push it twice to get her started. Oh and the serpentine belt started making noise on the way into work tonight...I'll grab one tomorrow on my way home. Just have to remember how to change it...been a long time since I've done one.
post #86186 of 92430 Old 01-15-2017, 11:43 PM
S8NNG8

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytex70 View Post
I used my Xj to help a friend move over the weekend...managed to get a 65" flat screen TV along with a full size futon mattress in the back and didn't have to tie the hatch down; second load was her TV Stand and the frame to the futon that we took apart. Had to take the spare and my milk crate that holds my Jeep supplies to pull this off...for being a "mid-sized" suv, our Xj's can haul some decent loads.

And if it's not one thing it's another...as you guys know I had to replace the battery in the cranky teenager...now the button for the push start is on its way out, have to push it twice to get her started. Oh and the serpentine belt started making noise on the way into work tonight...I'll grab one tomorrow on my way home. Just have to remember how to change it...been a long time since I've done one.
The tensioner is under the power steering reservoir, but you've gotta loosen 3 bolts on the res so it can pivot, 13mm for the 3 bolts iirc.

D3<!L!>3D
post #86187 of 92430 Old 01-16-2017, 01:03 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Put a 15mm wrench on the pulley and just crack it loose. The take a 15mm socket and loosen that adjuster rod.

post #86188 of 92430 Old 01-16-2017, 04:02 AM
SemperFiGuy
1980 CJ5 

Quote:

We moved our entire house with ours, first load in was mattress and box spring on the rack, and the back stuffed to the gills, second run had a 7' bookshelf on the rack. We are the Clampetts your neighbors warned you about.

And I'm sure it goes without saying but, if your old belt isn't completely shredded, don't chuck it, throw it in the milk crate if you already don't have a spare.

post #86189 of 92430 Old 01-16-2017, 04:27 AM
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFiGuy View Post
We moved our entire house with ours, first load in was mattress and box spring on the rack, and the back stuffed to the gills, second run had a 7' bookshelf on the rack. We are the Clampetts your neighbors warned you about.

And I'm sure it goes without saying but, if your old belt isn't completely shredded, don't chuck it, throw it in the milk crate if you already don't have a spare.

The funny thing is that when the weather clears I'm going back to her new house and pick up the futon/with mattress for my place. Great...now I have an image of an XJ so stuffed the driver is hanging out the window so he can see where he's going...lol

The Xj is back on full time nightly driver duty since the boyfriend and I broke up so I have to take care of the belt...before I'd just let him drive the rest of the week. I plan on checking it out before I spend the few bucks to replace it..it would have failed inspection the other week if it was close to breaking so I'm wondering if it's being noisy from the rain we've had. It's been humid the past few days...just don't want to get stranded.
post #86190 of 92430 Old 01-16-2017, 07:02 AM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFiGuy View Post
Well that's what I figured, tried running one off an invertor once and no go. Thought maybe you had a secret. So I guess you'd run it off the generator in the home?

The generator can keep everything in the rig running , at once , and still have enough to run the compressor . But , generally , I just run the compressor off shore power when we're 'parked' ( that's my secret ) .

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in