post #82576 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 06:34 PM
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
Loving the new signature.
Well that's all I post lol.

Design previews and mad kid pics on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82577 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 06:52 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardPC View Post
Man I hate that for you mc.
Thanks. On the plus side I'm glad I'm living somewhere I can store it until I can fix it.

Shop I took it to to confirm said they could finance a new motor...at 30% . Labor was reasonable and I trust them, but **** that.

Part of me is excited to get to fab some ****. Bumpers and stuff are a lot more straight forward on a TJ.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #82578 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 06:56 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Thanks. On the plus side I'm glad I'm living somewhere I can store it until I can fix it.

Shop I took it to to confirm said they could finance a new motor...at 30% . Labor was reasonable and I trust them, but **** that.

Part of me is excited to get to fab some ****. Bumpers and stuff are a lot more straight forward on a TJ.
Any ideas on what motor will be going into the blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:

post #82579 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 07:03 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
Any ideas on what motor will be going into the blazer?
My uncle has a crate 350 I put in his box truck a few years ago. It's been sitting for 4 years and probably only has like 3-4k miles on it. Gonna see if I can talk him out of it though his wife will probably **** that up.

I wanted to put a 5.3 LS in it from the start, but didn't want this to be the reason why lol. Same shop could do it for a fairly reasonable price, but again, I don't have that kind of cash all at once. Part of me wants to pick one up from the local JY for $200, go through it, and swap it in. Get's expensive once you get into having a custom harness made, accessories, flywheel, exhaust, ect though, but still relatively cheap. Plus they use the same bellhousing bolt pattern. Probably $2500-3k once it's all said and done.

I've got friends trying to get me to put a 6.0 or 454 in it, but I don't really care about the power. All I wanted out of it was to keep it near stock and upgrade/modernize drivability stuff. That's why I wanted a 5.3, for the better fuel economy.

I am pretty depressed over it though. It's probably my favorite truck I've ever had and I really enjoyed driving it. It's like driving a full size XJ.

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #82580 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 PM
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I had a full size bronco that it took me 2 years to get. Money problems, lack of supply, etc. Finally got one. Drove it less than 1500 miles and it completely died on me. No mechanical ability on my part, no tools, no garage, no YouTube. Ended up giving it away.

Design previews and mad kid pics on
post #82581 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 10:44 PM
FairlanePhil

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardPC View Post
Man I hate that for you mc.

bummer. I hate when **** goes sideways like that

Current: 99XJ 6.5 lift-Bought 2015
Sold: Patriot Blue 00 XJ.
'sploded: 01 stock-0331 head victim
post #82582 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 11:29 PM
FairlanePhil

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Still in service. Toledo has a bunch of those weird blue ones too

Current: 99XJ 6.5 lift-Bought 2015
Sold: Patriot Blue 00 XJ.
'sploded: 01 stock-0331 head victim
post #82583 of 91880 Old 06-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Joshua13
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
Still in service. Toledo has a bunch of those weird blue ones too

Cops or what's with orange lights?

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk
post #82584 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 12:28 AM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua13 View Post
Cops or what's with orange lights?

Sent from my E6560T using Tapatalk
It's called a traffic advisor. Basicly serves the same purpose as those giant orange road construction signs that have arrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #82585 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 04:24 AM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So it is Day 2 of Project Jeep Week. Despite the fact that I did not do much yesterday I am feeling it this morning. Older now and it does not take much to sideline me. Anyway figure I will take off my rear tail light guards so I can get them cleaned up. I just threw them on to see what they looked like. Have a buddy who Powder Coats. Thinking I should go that route. Maybe start to clean up the the TC and front skid plate I have. Have a gas skid coming. Least I am pretty sure I do. Thinking POR 15 and a top coat for all the skids. Have to take it easy today. Tomorrow is boneyard day. Need to do a walk through at the 2 boneyards I deal with. And assuming they have not crushed the vehicles I saw last time I was there I am raiding parts big time. Grabbing the F150 from work and bringing every tool I own. Going to be a long day.
post #82586 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Drax
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Finished installing shackle relocators this morning. Previous angle was nearly vertical. Can't try the ride yet - have to put in taller coils today. With 3/4" shackles, lift was 4". Not on level ground, but looks like longer shackles and brackets added at least 1.5".

chris87xj likes this.
post #82587 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 11:32 AM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

what the **** canada. damn jezless password rigamarole

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
post #82588 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 11:59 AM
un4gvn1
-N7PBJ

1988 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Had a pretty productive night.

Built up a half-dozen of my magic Dana 30/44 hub removal tools. I keep giving 'em away to fellow Jeepers. I should probably start charging...

Finally got back to one of the early projects, got an old hatch strut set up on the hood. Much better.

The underhood light got snarled probably a year ago, so I took it out. Last night I drilled out the rivets, un-snarled it and bolted it back together with #4 bolts. Had to re-wire the ground to get it working right.

When I installed my lomngarms I lost the t-case skid as there was no place on the crossmember to attach it to. So, this...

2"X2"X1/4" angle. Drilled & tapped 3/8" holes in the IRO crossmember, bolted angle to it & bolted skid to the angle. A little hard to see, but at I feel much better about the t-case living through the next rock-garden.

Celebrated by doing a quick tape-measure toe adjust & turned the axle end bolt for the steering damper around as the drag-link TRE was hitting it.

Tried to re-torque my hub nuts, a 3/4" drive 36mm impact socket won't fit, socket walls are too thick. Gonna have to remember to grab my 1/2" socket.

Happy with what got done, no finish line in sight though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
"Experience is what enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. "

post #82589 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Ralph77
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Day 2 of Project Jeep Week is over. Took the tail light guards off but instead of cleaning things went in another direction. MaskedMallard contacted me about the Factory/Dealer 6 CD Changer Enclosure. Realized that would not be to bad a project for the day. Need to save my strength. Day 3 is boneyard day and it is going to get ugly. They might actually have to charge me if I get my hands on everything I have already seen on my last walk through. Assuming they have not crushed the Jeeps yet. So I put the changer back in, took it out cause the previous owner lost the magazine, but found one awhile back on a boneyard walk through. So all that is up and running, and before you give me a hard time about the ancient technology (remember I am old), I like it. Would tell you how I could not get it working right away but it just makes me look bad so I won't. LOL
post #82590 of 91880 Old 06-26-2016, 05:06 PM
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Since I'm on vacation this week..decided to give the Xj some time off, she just hit the 190k mark the other day. Tomorrow is her spa day..doing a total detail of the inside. I'm leaving for the Outer Banks on Wednesday...so I figure I'll treat the cranky brat to a little tlc. (sorry...she's not going on this trip..that one is in September)

The most recent new quirk she is pulling is the radio stopped working...can play cd's but nothing else. It's an aftermarket Pioneer so I'm just going to replace it with a newer one...I want Bluetooth and an usb port so I can stream my music from my phone through the Xj. Found one at work for about $80..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in