What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 5367 - JeepForum.com
 1020Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #80491 of 92491 Old 04-08-2016, 09:56 PM
bumblefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemjeep
Got these today. Yeah, I know they're RC but I figure quick discos are a fairly simple part. And >$20 new/shipped was hard to beat.
greater than $20?! Sorry just had to...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #80492 of 92491 Old 04-08-2016, 11:07 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemjeep View Post
Got these today. Yeah, I know they're RC but I figure quick discos are a fairly simple part. And >$20 new/shipped was hard to beat.
Attached Thumbnails
sway.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #80493 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 AM
gigemjeep
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblefox
greater than $20?! Sorry just had to...
Yeah <$20 I meant. Mathing is hard after a few drinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube
After using my new seller reward from eBay that was essentially a $50 dollar gift card and rough country accepting my "best offer". I've been needing these for a while now so they go on today.

post #80494 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 01:00 PM
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Does anyone know of an actual replacement external slave cylinder for a AX-15? This pos plastic pre bled garbage just exploded on me the first hit of the clutch
post #80495 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 01:55 PM
MOBBiN
Mall Crawler Level 3

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Rolled the jeep out of the garage! I would have installed the drivelines but I screwed up and bought a yoke with ubolts and that won't work with my double cardan driveshaft.

Here is the final rundown on the steering setup:

The trackbar came out to 31.5" and the drag link is 33.5". I used a ruffstuff lower trackbar mount and a Barnes4WD upper trackbar mount. For the drag link I used a stock pitman arm and a modified BTF "hi-steer" mount.

2001 Silverstone Metallic Classic XJ

April 2014 & 2015 COTM
post #80496 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 03:15 PM
bumblefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89
Does anyone know of an actual replacement external slave cylinder for a AX-15? This pos plastic pre bled garbage just exploded on me the first hit of the clutch
I got mine 2 weeks ago at oriellys. It was ~$50 and all metal, the trick was getting that roll pin out, I used a small screw and channel locking pliers and drove it out. Also read that the best way to bleed it is to manually operate slave while out of transmission. Just need a second set of eyes to see when the air bubbles stop coming out the master, most people said it took ~15-20 pumps to get all the air out. Hope this helps!http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/si...ave%20Cylinder
post #80497 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 04:34 PM
Caleb9107
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
@JeepComanche89
What part of yours exploded? The actual slave or the fitting between slave input and master-slave line? When you say exploded, literally split apart?

I'm having troubles with mine as well. Replaced my slave, drove about 10 miles, pushed in clutch and blew the line apart at the connector going into the slave. Since then, I can't get the pedal to have any real pressure after plenty of bleeding and only getting pure liquid out of the slave bleeder. The pedal pushes in with little resistance and doesn't feel like it actually disconnects the trans from the input, which won't let me put it in gear while running.

Today I installed an AA fitting at the master, SS coated braided line and -3AN fitting on the slave input. Going to snatch the transmission out tomorrow and warranty the slave to see if it fixes the issues.
post #80498 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 04:53 PM
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblefox
I got mine 2 weeks ago at oriellys. It was ~$50 and all metal, the trick was getting that roll pin out, I used a small screw and channel locking pliers and drove it out. Also read that the best way to bleed it is to manually operate slave while out of transmission. Just need a second set of eyes to see when the air bubbles stop coming out the master, most people said it took ~15-20 pumps to get all the air out. Hope this helps!http://m.oreillyauto.com/h5/r/oap/si...ave%20Cylinder
I should of clarified. Right now I have a plastic slave, line, and reservoir, all one piece. I had to buy it because i had nothing to begin with, and couldn't find a 3 piece setup. But now i know that metal slaves still exist! Haha
post #80499 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 04:56 PM
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb9107
@JeepComanche89 What part of yours exploded? The actual slave or the fitting between slave input and master-slave line? When you say exploded, literally split apart? I'm having troubles with mine as well. Replaced my slave, drove about 10 miles, pushed in clutch and blew the line apart at the connector going into the slave. Since then, I can't get the pedal to have any real pressure after plenty of bleeding and only getting pure liquid out of the slave bleeder. The pedal pushes in with little resistance and doesn't feel like it actually disconnects the trans from the input, which won't let me put it in gear while running. Today I installed an AA fitting at the master, SS coated braided line and -3AN fitting on the slave input. Going to snatch the transmission out tomorrow and warranty the slave to see if it fixes the issues.
The actual case of the slave cylinder broke apart upon pushing the clutch in. I have a plastic setup, all one piece, i had no reservoir or line, so this was my only option and was wondering if thats still the case. Good luck with your issue
post #80500 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 05:09 PM
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemjeep View Post
Went through 2 sets. They truly are junk.
post #80501 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 05:17 PM
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb9107
@JeepComanche89 What part of yours exploded? The actual slave or the fitting between slave input and master-slave line? When you say exploded, literally split apart? I'm having troubles with mine as well. Replaced my slave, drove about 10 miles, pushed in clutch and blew the line apart at the connector going into the slave. Since then, I can't get the pedal to have any real pressure after plenty of bleeding and only getting pure liquid out of the slave bleeder. The pedal pushes in with little resistance and doesn't feel like it actually disconnects the trans from the input, which won't let me put it in gear while running. Today I installed an AA fitting at the master, SS coated braided line and -3AN fitting on the slave input. Going to snatch the transmission out tomorrow and warranty the slave to see if it fixes the issues.
I was just going to ask if anyone knew the thread on the master/slave, but then i just read the bottom of your comment. Totally didnt even see that before. I just thought of the braided line myself, and just found that i can buy a master from advance. I think i might just do that
post #80502 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
Here is the final rundown on the steering setup:
That looks really clean and solid.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

post #80503 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 06:21 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN View Post
1. I need to pay more attention to your build in general.
2. What the heck is hanging off the drivers side LCA mount?

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #80504 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 06:43 PM
wizardPC
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How the last two days have gone.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160409_094547.jpg  

Design previews and mad kid pics on
post #80505 of 92491 Old 04-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardPC View Post
How the last two days have gone.
Good god, you flipped your whole Jeep over.

Quit playing with your balls and get that thing out already.

|
|
|SOLD|
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in