Garage
Found this today.

forumrunner_20160225_143328.jpg

forumrunner_20160225_143337.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #79067 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua13 View Post
Hmmm. mine has almost 500 on it and judging by the shape of the rest of the jeep id say a replacment will soon be on the list. Ill have to look into seeing how availabke those are up here. (2x the price im sure)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Advance auto Autozone and O'Reilly Auto Parts sell them. They are a major remanufacture company. I sold a tone of them in the seven years I worked at parts houses. Never had one come back or dissatisfied customer. Not even out of the repair shops.
I bought mine right after I left advance. But my friend's there still hooked me up with employee 20% discount it came to just over $1400. It is pricey compared to a JY but if you plan on keeping it, it's worth it.
I've had my XJ 16 years now I'm 31. That's over half my life. It was my first car and every first memory you can have in your own car has been in this Jeep for Me. In a few months I'll be bringing my newborn boy home from the hospital in it. He's due may 31. One day he'll get the Jeep. So to me the cost was worth it! Other wise no way.
post #79068 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
FairlanePhil

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooptube View Post
what's going on with this?

Current: 99XJ 6.5 lift-Bought 2015
Sold: Patriot Blue 00 XJ.
'sploded: 01 stock-0331 head victim

post #79069 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:02 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
what's going on with this?
Leak on one end or the other of the oil filter adapter I'd assume. mine has that, although it took a long time to get to that point and I'm not really sure how it compares since I already had the valve cover leak and only just fixed it.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

post #79070 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:08 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejunior View Post
Leak on one end or the other of the oil filter adapter I'd assume. mine has that, although it took a long time to get to that point and I'm not really sure how it compares since I already had the valve cover leak and only just fixed it.
Well I am due for an oil change and I want to run synthetic. Will synthetic make it leak worse?

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #79071 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:15 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well I am due for an oil change and I want to run synthetic. Will synthetic make it leak worse?
Some say it's better at working its way through cracks and leaks in various seals. Can't say I know.

If it's just the o-ring on the adapter, those are <$1. Parts store may have one when you do your oil change.

post #79072 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Some say it's better at working its way through cracks and leaks in various seals. Can't say I know.

If it's just the o-ring on the adapter, those are <$1. Parts store may have one when you do your oil change.
Also the PCV hose that goes into the valve cover is leaking oil which bugs me too.

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #79073 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:33 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Also the PCV hose that goes into the valve cover is leaking oil which bugs me too.
Mine does that, too. But honestly my collection of leaks averaged out to using a quart every 3-3.5k so it just never bugged me enough to track down much of it. Hell the only reason I did the valve cover gasket was because I wanted to pull it anyway to give myself an idea of how gunked up the old 4.0 was.

post #79074 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 01:59 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Mine does that, too. But honestly my collection of leaks averaged out to using a quart every 3-3.5k so it just never bugged me enough to track down much of it. Hell the only reason I did the valve cover gasket was because I wanted to pull it anyway to give myself an idea of how gunked up the old 4.0 was.
Okay so I took a picture and there isn't just a small amount of oil. There's a lot of pressure in my cover. Any ideas?

forumrunner_20160225_155855.jpg

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #79075 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:01 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Okay so I took a picture and there isn't just a small amount of oil. There's a lot of pressure in my cover. Any ideas?

Attachment 2714962

Just a thought, but have you replaced the PCV valve? I mean it looks like that boot definitely wants replacing itself but a bad valve can really screw with where oil and pressure end up. I haven't touched it on the jeep but on my fords a bad PCV valve results in sucking oil out of the valve cover and some really weird pressure flows. Replaced it on the i4 and the v6.

post #79076 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:07 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Just a thought, but have you replaced the PCV valve? I mean it looks like that boot definitely wants replacing itself but a bad valve can really screw with where oil and pressure end up. I haven't touched it on the jeep but on my fords a bad PCV valve results in sucking oil out of the valve cover and some really weird pressure flows. Replaced it on the i4 and the v6.
I have no idea idea where its at. And I thought I knew my jeep better... Diagram?

EDIT: I am going to make this a thread till the issue gets resolved.

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:
post #79077 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:21 PM
nolanbalzarini

1998 XJ Cherokee 

So I got a new job. So more jeep parts. But here's the thing. It's at a atv/motorcycle shop. They said I need my motorcycle license in 90 days. But here is the problem. I have never ridden anything on 2 wheels, ever not even a little pit bike. I don't know where to start. Who here ride bikes? Any help. Where do I start?

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
post #79078 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
bluejunior

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
So I got a new job. So more jeep parts. But here's the thing. It's at a atv/motorcycle shop. They said I need my motorcycle license in 90 days. But here is the problem. I have never ridden anything on 2 wheels, ever not even a little pit bike. I don't know where to start. Who here ride bikes? Any help. Where do I start?

Try Team Arizona. They do classes with loaner bike, gloves and helmet.

If you actually want to buy one....uh...ninja's are dirt cheap used and a good starter bike without looking as lame as a scooter. Only works if you're okay with the sport bike idea though.

post #79079 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:26 PM
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I have no idea idea where its at. And I thought I knew my jeep better... Diagram?

EDIT: I am going to make this a thread till the issue gets resolved.
You're talking about the PCV ?

You see that elbow going into the valve cover , that's it :

1995 Cherokee Country . Gone , but , not forgotten .

Goes around , comes around .
post #79080 of 91822 Old 02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
shooptube
Big Brother

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini View Post
Hardest part would be learning the shifting I guess. Can you drive a manual? Also can you ride a bicycle?

Quote:
I am Moar low.
Build Thread:

Instagram:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in